Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events. >

VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VINTAGE RACING for 2012 in NSW - General Discussion and events.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daverobbo5
I may have made the deadline. This oldie (in concept) but a goodie entered.
Good work Dave. Go the mighty frog.

Is that a plastic bearing I see in the front wheel of your frog? Go on, show it some love and pop in some ball bearings
Old 06-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

That looks great Dave,

The frog is a good handling buggy with softer springs and a bit of TLC - that one of yours looks great mate.

As far as "cut off" time goes - well, I wont turn anyone away - however it makes life a lot easier if people get their entries in on time.

I dont have one car ready at all yet, and still have to finish off building my truggy and babysitting the kids tomorrow- wont be as well prepared as I have been in the past. The joys of doing a thousand things at once I guess.

Thanks to Mikey, Dan and the Casso crew for doing so much behind the scenes work - once again - making this festival as enjoyable as possible for all.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 06-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just picked up a good condition JRX roller. Added all the good bits and body, new wheels and rebuilt shocks, running brusless. Trying to work out how to fit LIPO in. Currently NiMH 4200 will have to do now.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Great aquisition Mr Vige'. I always liked the Losi spoked 2.0" rims, will you be running these or opting for 2.2" modern stuff?

Is this the 'short' X2 chassis or the longer wheel base 'PRO'? I notice there is no 5 link rear end. Could be a 'proformance' kit?
Old 06-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Well to be honest I think its a JRX, but has the Proformance setup, graphite chassis etc. But going on the instructions that came with the car its JRX pro. I'm going to head to casso this week after work for test run. Hoping all goes well.
Will be running these wheels and tyres, but have Rips and Fuzzies ready incase on B4 rims.

Cheers

Last edited by ViGiLaNtE351; 06-02-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Well to be honest I think its a JRX, but has the Proformance setup, graphite chassis etc
Yeah I noticed the body is trimmed for the 5 link at the rear of each side. Atleast that's what it looks like anyway. Obviously it has many Pro parts on it, any body off pics?

Either way you can't go too wrong with an old Losi.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

At some stage this week we will get the grid listings up and hopefully introduce some of the timings of the "ëxpression sessions". I am still hopeful that we will be able to hold a BBQ/Dinner on late Saturday afternoon that will be a bit of a chance to have a "swap meet" and a good chat over beer or two.

NOW......I am not going to fluff around the subject: WEATHER . Sadly, the long range forecast does not look good at all. In the interests of actaully making it fair on all our interstate visitors, we will do our best to make an early call as to the cancelling of the meeting. IF we cancel the meeting - we will make a call as to the next available slot as soon as possible.

Dont panic - we are not calling it off unless it is significantly wet. The rain is forecast for all week, and it has been raining in Sydney for a couple of days already. If the meeting does go ahead, at the least- it will be "Moist"!!

Just trying to keep everyone informed of what's happening.

Next year - I will be looking at having the event at some other time, its just so hard to get a long weekend in at the right time of year with the racing calendar.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 06-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Is there a reason why these vintage meetings have to be held exclusively on long weekends Darryn?
Old 06-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Jut some of the reasoning behind having the meetings on a long weekends (off the top of my head) are:
  • Most people can get/already have long weekends off
  • It gives interstate travellers a day to get home - this makes it more "enticing"
  • It gives people a chance to plan - without taking time off for travel and or just to attend the meeting

Unfortunately, it would not matter whether or not we held it on a "normal" weekend or not - if the weather is going to go bad - it will - we cant stop it.

I think you will find that a lot more people will attend these meetings if they have the Monday off for travel/relaxation/recovery.

As said many times before - all three clubs in Sydney are prepared to run a vintage class on a club day - given notice.

As these "major" vintage meetings are pretty much only held two or three times a year - they deserve to have as many people attending as possible...Long weekends seem to make that happen a lot easier.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 06-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Exclamation Long Weekend!

Hi Darryn,

As for me & others here in QLD the 2 biggest cost to attend this meet is fuel & Accom . Fuel bill is roughly $300 with around another $350 for accom. Add food and bits and there is not much left from $1000.

To me having it on a long weekend doesn't really make that much difference as I get time off work to enjoy the meet & not rushing ( normally a day either side of the meeting.

So we (Mario & I) find the cost of accommodation sky high. Then trying to find accom is hard as every where is booked out due to other functions on for the long weekend.

I really think if I'm to attend another vintage meet it will be camping on the spot if we can.

Just my 2 bob thrown in. It will always be the best vintage meet hands down.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah - I suppose if you don't book early - it can be very expensive. Camping/Caravan accomodation can be found easily enough - specially St Ives!

Either way - the dates for these meetings will never suit everyone - cant please everyone. It is what it is.

Just trying to fit everything in at times is half the battle. I know I, personally, am not going to take extra days out of Annual leave unless I truly have to - as that should be for family time etc etc (even though I generally have to - even on a long weekend meeting - as I have to get down there and help out).....I just try to make the events as easy as possible to attend for as many people as possible. The trick is balancing this with the racing calendar as well......it isnt an easy task.

I know you are not complaining at all Mark, just trying to put the other side up as well - as I do certainly see your side of it too.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 06-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks Darryn.

I really wish I can make it but not this time but looking into the St Ives meet now.

Cheers
Mark
Old 06-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Darryn,

I asked the question about long weekends, only because I figured it might give you more options if other weekends are considered. I have to assume that people will come regardless of whether it is a long weekend or not... I can't speak for others, but it is very simple for me to ask for a day off work.

Mark does raise an interesting point though, that is accomodation costs becoming prohibitive over long weekends. My experience when booking holidays over long weekends is that it really makes no difference how early you book in, the proprietors know that it is a scheduled long weekend, hence prices are already jacked up. This includes caravan parks, where quite often a long weekend encourages them to increase the minimum nights stay in addition to the cost per night.

I'm lucky enough to live local, so these issues don't really impact me....I'm just putting it out there, as I assume it might open up some more options for timing. I'm not trying to be difficult or critical here, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say the work you put into these events is greatly appreciated. Cheers
Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'd love to be involved in this event also mark as you know and am more then happy to share costs for future events. The people you travel/stay with make a huge difference. I'll never choose an immature travel partner again.

Get those class winning buggies ready Darryn!!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Either way, if it rains no one will be happy...including me, blasted mother nature and your forecast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.