Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
BarnYard RC Raceway   just track talk. >

BarnYard RC Raceway just track talk.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BarnYard RC Raceway just track talk.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default NOW NOW BOYS

NOW NOW BOYS , LOL
Old 11-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is this for 1 day or for the weekend, and what will be the fee? Thanks.
Originally Posted by barnyard
We will be now offering a special Father & Son entrance fee ,So come on out and bring the family.

Thank You
Rusty Track Mgr
Old 11-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sounds overpriced if you ask me. Stop being a greedy pig!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Denny? Did you notice where the moderator requested everyone behave?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I noticed. Can't I say my opinion on an overpriced practice fee? Sorry moderator Kenji!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

I can't wait until we meet in person at a race, Denny. Please introduce yourself. It will be good to talk together.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Im a trackside guy Kenji. Id love to talk to you in person to! BTW its only $7 to practice there and the facility is awesome!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

We've been up there to race. I've also spent time up there practicing before The Track began weekday practicing. It was nice Scotty had the place open at 11am. I could head up and practice when it opened and be home before dinner at 7pm, and still get in many hours, during the week.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Coming Soon

I-LAP System is being installed soon, Track modification coming soon, Weekday electric's only class coming to the BarnYard!

Rusty, Track MGR.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Track Suggestion

Not sure what you are planning for the track but I had a simple suggestion. If you run the outer off-road oval clockwise and open a split section of the inner oval in front of the drivers stand, cars could come around and turn 180 degrees around into the inner oval, go around once and then right back out again. Not sure if that's a good explanation. Maybe I'll try to draw it out and post it.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Default Another track suggestion

The inner oval surface of hard limestone is very gravel-like. Its going to build up in the chassis of cars that don't have a lot of ground clearance. It did in my modified TC3, but I was still driving okay after about a 6 minute run. If you scrape it down, does it just start to break up again? If so, it might be better to cover it with the same dirt mix as you have on the rest of the track. I think Randy mentioned you guys were going to be adding more clay too. That would be a big help.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by barnyard
We will be now offering a special Father & Son entrance fee ,So come on out and bring the family.
Can I bring my daughters to a Father & Son event? I hate the term "Parent or Guardian & Child." It sounds so PC, like something I have to go to at school Maybe I'll just dress them up like boys. Nah, that won't work either. Do women's pro basketball teams play "Man on Man" defense?
Old 11-13-2008, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Not sure what to do about you disliking a phrase but what would you do if you were me in this situation? What would you call it instead of what I said?

We run a racing program and have a different tier of pricing for adults who bring children to promote kids getting into racing. Here's what I've seen so far:

Mom and son.
Uncle and niece
Dad and sons and daughters
Female neighbor with a kid from the block.
Man married to a kid's grandma who brings the grandma's grandson.

All of the above aren't covered by Dad & Son Race Fee nomenclature. And using that phrase I think disrespects the above paying customers.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default deside

so did we deside how to say it?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Not sure what to do about you disliking a phrase but what would you do if you were me in this situation? What would you call it instead of what I said?

We run a racing program and have a different tier of pricing for adults who bring children to promote kids getting into racing. Here's what I've seen so far:

Mom and son.
Uncle and niece
Dad and sons and daughters
Female neighbor with a kid from the block.
Man married to a kid's grandma who brings the grandma's grandson.

All of the above aren't covered by Dad & Son Race Fee nomenclature. And using that phrase I think disrespects the above paying customers.
To be clear, I'm in 100% agreement with you. My comments were meant to be on the lighter side. I was hoping to inspire the coining of a new term that wouldn't be quite as long as... Mom & Son, Uncle & Niece, Dad & Sons + Daughters, Female Neighbor & Kid from the block, and Step Grandparent & Step Grandson racing program but still wouldn't sound like you were headed off to cirriculum night. How about "Child & Mentor" racing?

I used to coach in a mixed boys & girls soccer league and we played "one to one" defense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.