Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
OS .12TZ 3port & 5port EB Modified >

OS .12TZ 3port & 5port EB Modified

OS .12TZ 3port & 5port EB Modified

Old 01-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Default OS .12TZ 3port & 5port EB Modified

Has anyone heard about the new OS 12TZ 3port and 5port EB modified motors coming out at end of jan. I think this will be the hot ticket considering the stocks ones did well.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I saw that on TOWER.......but with that price tag, there are so many other OS 12 TZ can do just as good....Oversea ppl are mainly use kawahara mod 12TZ.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Or you can even get a Murnan TZ for that price.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Wink

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Or you can even get a Murnan TZ for that price.
Towerhobbies is only $299.00 not so bad for a modd.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The TZ EB Mod engines are very good and priced fair, most modefied engines are very expensive but it is hard for most people to find that great deal on a modified engine. The EB Mod engines are well done and will give you that edge at big races, a stock 12TZ engine at a club race will compete with anything on the track, but a national level you need alittle more in your engine, and most racers can't handle all of the power that they have. I would say if you like the 12TZ now and you would like more performance without paying out the butt for it try the EB Mod engines from OS.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Wink

Originally Posted by gijoe64
The TZ EB Mod engines are very good and priced fair, most modefied engines are very expensive but it is hard for most people to find that great deal on a modified engine. The EB Mod engines are well done and will give you that edge at big races, a stock 12TZ engine at a club race will compete with anything on the track, but a national level you need alittle more in your engine, and most racers can't handle all of the power that they have. I would say if you like the 12TZ now and you would like more performance without paying out the butt for it try the EB Mod engines from OS.
Thanks for the info. Might just have to go ahead try one these EBmods out.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Consider it is towerhobby, they have discount code to further reduce the price
Old 02-09-2006, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i thought tower only sold the stock TZ.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Now I think they only sell the EB modded one. Or maybe both.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

at the same price as the stocker?
Old 02-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
at the same price as the stocker?
Stocker TZ 3p cost 230 (in stock)
EB mod TZ 3p cost 300 (expect arrive march)

discount code (011P9) should give you 30USD discount
Old 02-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I posted this on a different thread... My experience with the EB Mod TZ 3 port... Just good info passing along... Check out my posts about this motor on the OS 12 TzR thread...

If you want a blazing fast TZ... Go with the Mod-motors I mention earlier... The TZ bone stock is not bad and some are faster then others, due to quality of the piston and sleeve and properly breaking in the motor... My first TZ was super fast and suprised me alot, My EB Mods TZ is no faster then my stock 3 port TZ. My EB Mods motor is ok, It's just not faster then my stock one... And again, I'm not bashing EB Mods and what they are trying to do... From what I saw, they are selling a Mass produced mildly mod'ed motor that the average Joe racer can drop into his car and come away happy... I went to there webpage and read what they do to motors to Modify them... Even read there ad. in a couple of RC Mags.. Went to the lhs and saw the 4 EB Mods 3 ports sitting behind the glass... So, from what I read on there webpage and the price point was not that bad... I said, what the hell... Bought it, took it home and waited a week before I even open the box... Sat down one Saturday morning, open the box and the open up the motor to see the work and effort put into there motor... Knowing that most of the power improvement will come from the work done to the crank anyway... I pretty much knew what I had... Broke in the motor the same way I did my first TZ... Nothing was rushed and the power produced was not bad, it was what I expected after seeing the work done to the motor... You get what you pay for and sometimes not... When you buy a Mod'ed version of same motor, you want to see a clear improvement in performance over stock... And I just didn't see that from the EB Mod's motor... Now they might do some in house work that we all don't know about... They should tell the public that if that's the case so we can make a choice of buying over the counter or buying directly for them... If that's the case... that's a shame... I'll wait for the JP mod'ed version of the TZ to come out... I heard the motor is ballistic... And if JP has it's name on it...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 02-10-2006 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rc_alan
I posted this on a different thread... My experience with the EB Mod TZ 3 port... Just good info passing along... Check out my posts about this motor on the OS 12 TzR thread...

If you want a blazing fast TZ... Go with the Mod-motors I mention earlier... The TZ bone stock is not bad and some are faster then others, due to quality of the piston and sleeve and properly breaking in the motor... My first TZ was super fast and suprised me alot, My EB Mods TZ is no faster then my stock 3 port TZ. My EB Mods motor is ok, It's just not faster then my stock one... And again, I'm not bashing EB Mods and what they are trying to do... From what I saw, they are selling a Mass produced mildly mod'ed motor that the average Joe racer can drop into his car and come away happy... I went to there webpage and read what they do to motors to Modify them... Even read there ad. in a couple of RC Mags.. Went to the lhs and saw the 4 EB Mods 3 ports sitting behind the glass... So, from what I read on there webpage and the price point was not that bad... I said, what the hell... Bought it, took it home and waited a week before I even open the box... Sat down one Saturday morning, open the box and the open up the motor to see the work and effort put into there motor... Knowing that most of the power improvement will come from the work done to the crank anyway... I pretty much knew what I had... Broke in the motor the same way I did my first TZ... Nothing was rushed and the power produced was not bad, it was what I expected after seeing the work done to the motor... You get what you pay for and sometimes not... When you buy a Mod'ed version of same motor, you want to see a clear improvement in performance over stock... And I just didn't see that from the EB Mod's motor... Now they might do some in house work that we all don't know about... They should tell the public that if that's the case so we can make a choice of buying over the counter or buying directly for them... If that's the case... that's a shame... I'll wait for the JP mod'ed version of the TZ to come out... I heard the motor is ballistic... And if JP has it's name on it...

RC_Alan
Great info. very well explained.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Having run-in the ZAC TZ, it got its first "proper" tune and i gave it one tank down a quiet street........i was very pleasantly surprised at the greater amount of power this engine is producing than my stock TZ.....its much more willing to rev, and its temps were consistently around the 177 deg f mark.
It gets it first taste of the track today
Cheers
Old 03-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here are some info about the engine
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
PUB_MOTEUR_OS_PDF.pdf (397.6 KB, 801 views)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.