Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RedStar Ceramic Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default RedStar Ceramic Bearings

just wondering if anyone knew about RedStar Bearings from KGB Racing?

http://www.kgbracing.com/redstarbearings.php
Old 12-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Ceramic Bearings

Checked them out on the web link you listed. Those are expensive, plus they say they saved money for customers by getting bearings packed with grease (which you will have to flush out and then reoil your new bearings). I got my ceramic set for my Losi from rc4less. $100.00 for 20 bearings and they are smooth as silk.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rctom243
Checked them out on the web link you listed. Those are expensive, plus they say they saved money for customers by getting bearings packed with grease (which you will have to flush out and then reoil your new bearings). I got my ceramic set for my Losi from rc4less. $100.00 for 20 bearings and they are smooth as silk.
expensive? they are 85 vs 100. rc4less probably gave you steering bearins, so its probably close.

and what are rc4less packed with?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rctom243
hey i checked the KGB website after I posted a reply, it now reads

KGB has chosen to go with a steel shielded ceramic/steel hybrid bearing with OIL LUBE!! [Note: we use to have grease lube, now we use oil]
sweet!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

KGB has chosen to go with a steel shielded ceramic/steel hybrid bearing with OIL LUBE!! [Note: we use to have grease lube, now we use oil]

I just looked on the site and read this.......
Old 12-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

I was to slow lol
Old 12-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by floodo1

sweet!
Actually that does not sound good as these are not true ceramic bearings. A ceramic/steel hybrid is a steel ball that's coated in ceramic. Why spend $85.00 for that along with questionable quality when you can have a top of the line full ceramic bearing set for $100.00. Companies like Acer, Boca, Yokomo (basically Speedtech bearings) all use 100% ceramic balls.

Honestly, who really cares about the oil that comes in the bearing. My experience is that bearings are better broken in with the thick grease in them rather than a light oil. If you don't want the thick grease, it will take you all of 10 minutes to flush them out and relube them with the think oil of your choice.

Ceramic bearing are definately worth the money. Those that say otherwise have either never used them or bought ceramics of poor quality and have bad experiences. Do not let cost or grease influence you decision when looking for ceramic bearings.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Ceramic hybrid is another term for ceramic balls with steel races. Not just ceramic coated. As it goes, buyer beware if you are spending lots of $$.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

actually i know for a fact that the KGB bearings have a ceramic ball. it is called hybrid because the race is steel and the ball is ceramic, hence its not fully steel or ceramic.

a true ceramic bearing is ceramic ball AND race. gas motors sometimes use bearings like this due to the high heat tolerance.

hahah yeah i agree sorta on grease, it depends on what side you're coming from though. if you hate maintaining your bearings then grease is great, and if you're fine with maintenance grease is just an extra step (to spray it out). personally i dont use the oil that comes in bearings anyway, so it makes no difference since im gonna spray them out anyway

so basically no one knows anything about KGB, just going by what the website says?
Old 12-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

the only thing I think I have figured out about KGB is that you either work for them or own the company....

! you and KGB are both in fresno

2 when the grease problem was mentioned the site got changed immediatly to say they were oiled

3 when the type of ball and race were in question, you "knew for a fact" what they sell....

4 if you know so many answers, and have access to the web site, you wouldnt have needed to start this thread

if its your business, its ok to come on here and tell us about it.........

Last edited by Mdoc; 12-13-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

His profile lists KGBracing.com as his homepage and also says he is the owner of KGBracing.com so I am guessing he is somehow connected with KGBracing.com
Old 12-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

lol...ok I didnt think about his profile....I was just reading and to many things added up

i dont care....I just dont understand why he wasnt honest and open about who he was....
Old 12-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

His name is Josh and he is the owner of KGB. They have been around for a while. He makes some pretty good conversions for oval cars....

Im guessing the reason he started this thread like he did was so that he wouldnt get caught and get the thread yanked for not being a sponsor on RCTech but posting an advertisment here....

You guys are too smart though...LOL

EA
Old 12-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

ahhhh ok lol

didnt mean to get him in any trouble, I didnt even know it wasnt ok to have a thread like that....it makes sense tho
Old 12-14-2005, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
His name is Josh and he is the owner of KGB. They have been around for a while. He makes some pretty good conversions for oval cars....

Im guessing the reason he started this thread like he did was so that he wouldnt get caught and get the thread yanked for not being a sponsor on RCTech but posting an advertisment here....

You guys are too smart though...LOL

EA
actually its cuz futureal refuses to respond to any of my communications i've been trying to advertise here for literally months

but really i want to know if anyone even knows about us, nothing dishonest about this thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.