Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ceramic bearings and diff balls >

ceramic bearings and diff balls

ceramic bearings and diff balls

Old 12-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default ceramic bearings and diff balls

hey is the ceramic bearing and diff balls worth the money nad if it is what brand should i then choose
Old 12-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

they are the best kind of bearings. acer and boca etc... makes ceramic bearings. they cost around $100 for a set. if you can afford it go for it.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

KGB Racing also sells metric sedan bearing kits for 85 per car (drivetrain only). they also have diff balls and thrust balls for some cars. check out the website www.kgbracing.com

yes ceramic bearings will last longer, and are more free as well. ceramic diff balls are the ONLY way to roll. ceramic diff balls last for practically ever!
Old 12-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rasmus TbEvo IV
hey is the ceramic bearing and diff balls worth the money nad if it is what brand should i then choose
Come on guy, you gotta start using the search function. This is like the 10th thread you've started in 2 days. I know you didn't search because if you did you wouldn't have started this thread. Ceramic bearings have been talked to death on this forum and very important information has been discussed regarding them. If you would have searched, you would have found around 20 different threads that covered the topic! Search "Ceramic Bearings."
Old 12-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koabich
Come on guy, you gotta start using the search function. This is like the 10th thread you've started in 2 days. I know you didn't search because if you did you wouldn't have started this thread. Ceramic bearings have been talked to death on this forum and very important information has been discussed regarding them. If you would have searched, you would have found around 20 different threads that covered the topic! Search "Ceramic Bearings."
people come here for infomation A$$hole, I bet your one of those guys who don't help a new guy at the track who is getting started
Old 12-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

LOL....I got'a follow this thread....this is going to a good one...
Old 12-11-2005, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rasmus TbEvo IV
For a club racing I would say no, invest the money on better battery or charger or servos. You will not see too much improvement. Just maintain your berings & diff ball every 8 to 10 races & you are 99.9% there. That is my 2 $.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You know, I'm usually all for people doing searches in forums and encouraging them to do so. However, why don't you put in ceramic bearings as a search and then tell me how many threads pop up that 1.) are diectly tied to bearing info, and 2.) don't have 1000+ posts to seach through just to find one tidbit on ceramic bearings. Hell, even refine the search to titles only and it's still a lot of other nonsense because someone felt the need to put cermaic bearings in a post title somewhere in the TC3 forum, and the TC4 forum etc. etc.

In short, the search forum at times can be useless and very time consuming (especially for someone that hasn't spent a lot of time on forums) when the whole reason of having a search feature is to be able to find the info you want quickly.

I love that we have a great site like RCtech but the search function and mega threads are fubar for anyone that isn't able to completely refine a seach. What's even worse it trying to find something within those mega threads.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:11 AM
Tech Initiate

http://www.valavala.com/shop/
Old 12-12-2005, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've just recently got a set of Acer Racing Bearings and diff balls. Their service is great, and I got the parts from the US to Australia within a week. High quality bearings, highly recommended.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
people come here for infomation A$$hole, I bet your one of those guys who don't help a new guy at the track who is getting started
I understand that buddy. But how many times are people, the people with knowledge on a subject, expected to talk about a subject? You tell me? I for one, like many others are not going to continually post on the same subject in different threads.

I will help anyone that needs it but when I get asked the same question 20 times in a row, I gotta start thinking that the person asking the questions is not listening!

My recommendation stands at use the search function!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I understand that buddy. But how many times are people, the people with knowledge on a subject, expected to talk about a subject? You tell me? I for one, like many others are not going to continually post on the same subject in different threads.

I will help anyone that needs it but when I get asked the same question 20 times in a row, I gotta start thinking that the person asking the questions is not listening!

My recommendation stands at use the search function!
Sorry for the A-hole comment I was drunk
But if your going responed to the topic, why not give the infomation and remind them about the seach engine
Old 12-12-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ramic+bearings
Originally Posted by Ike
You know, I'm usually all for people doing searches in forums and encouraging them to do so. However, why don't you put in ceramic bearings as a search and then tell me how many threads pop up that 1.) are diectly tied to bearing info, and 2.) don't have 1000+ posts to seach through just to find one tidbit on ceramic bearings. Hell, even refine the search to titles only and it's still a lot of other nonsense because someone felt the need to put cermaic bearings in a post title somewhere in the TC3 forum, and the TC4 forum etc. etc.

In short, the search forum at times can be useless and very time consuming (especially for someone that hasn't spent a lot of time on forums) when the whole reason of having a search feature is to be able to find the info you want quickly.

I love that we have a great site like RCtech but the search function and mega threads are fubar for anyone that isn't able to completely refine a seach. What's even worse it trying to find something within those mega threads.
LOL...I did a thread search for "Ceramic BEarings" and came up with this:

The search yeilded 3 pages of threads that deal ceramic bearings. Above is only a small sample of threads. The funny thing is these all show up on page 1. I didn't even go through that entire page or the 2nd and 3rd. I bet there would be a 60 threads in total that deal with ceramic bearings!

Several of the threads listed on the first page were IDENTICAL to this very thread but actually every single thread I looked at had information relavent to this discussion.

All you have to do is go to the advanced search function. Type in "Ceramic Bearings" in the search by key word section and select search by thread only. What comes up in the search is 3 pages of threads that disc uss this very topic. No wasted time, no looking through stuff you don't want to read as these are threads dedicated to the subject of Ceramic Bearings.

Hope this helped!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i don't know about bearing because until you are good, you may actually shatter bearings, but diff balls are a different story, no realy way to destroy them. I am using some from RayHuang on the for sale forum. these are great and I have yet to even rebuild my diff after 4 race weekends. and they are still smooth as silk. Ray has great prices on diff balls. and he has most sizes in stock
Old 12-12-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Sorry for the A-hole comment I was drunk
But if your going responed to the topic, why not give the infomation and remind them about the seach engine
I have already responded to this subject, IN DETAIL, on about 10 other Ceramic bearing threads in the past. I am tired about talking about the same thing and others are as well. I have typed pages and pages on this subject before and am not about to discuss it again. Many feel the same. So if those with knowledge (this in no way is reference to me) on the subject are tired about talking more about it, why not do the search.

This thread is kinda like starting a "Which is the best tourer" thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.