Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Why I'll never deal with LasagnaCat again >

Why I'll never deal with LasagnaCat again

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why I'll never deal with LasagnaCat again

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Thumbs down Why I'll never deal with LasagnaCat again

Last Sat. night/Sun. morning I responded to LasagnaCat's offer of two new CRC 3.2 chassis and Parma bodies with an affirmative yes to purchase. Early Sunday morning he e-mailed me that I had until that evening to send him the money via PayPal or he'd offer it to the second responder on the offer. No problem, I PayPal'd him right away.

That evening I hadn't heard any sort of confirmation from him that he'd received payment or that it would be shipped, how it would be shipped, etc. I normally wouldn't be overly concerned, but he HAD set a deadline...so silly me, I pm'd him to be sure he'd received the payment and that our deal was on. I received a pissy response about not being in a panic, etc. Whatever. At least it was confirmation that the deal was, indeed, on.

On Wednesday morning I checked my mail at the PO Box and there was a box there containing my two chassis. Fantastic. Unfortunately the bodies were not included. I sent the following note to him by PM and e-mail:

The two chassis arrived safe-n-sound today. Thank you for getting them out so quickly.

Small problem, the deal included two Parma Speed-8 bodies (one painted and one not). Were they shipped separately or inadvertently forgotten? If forgotten I'd be open to either having them sent to me or crediting me back $34 and I'll buy a couple at my LHS, whichever is most convenient for you.

Many thanks
I thought this was a fairly reasonable response/request for information--certainly not ranting or raving. I'm a BIG believer in giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, etc.

Well, I didn't hear word one from Mr. Lasagna Cat. Not a peep, nor did he click to confirm that he'd received my pm. I wasn't overly concerned, I do always try to believe the best, I know people travel during the week on business, etc. This morning it had been three days, so I didn't feel at all it was pushing the point to re-send those notes. Here's the reply I got back:

Why am I getting this again? My tracking number shows that your other box has already been delivered.
What an attitude!! Any body who wasn't so keen on being a horse's rectum would figure out that the only reason I'd send it again was THAT I HADN'T RECEIVED IT. His response also provided absolutely no useful information. I do not know whether it was actually an intentional two-box shipment and it was sent out Monday as well or if it had been inadvertently forgotten and shipped later. He didn't provide the tracking number so I could try and pursue things from this end. ALSO, his assumption that I'd be waiting by my PO Box waiting for a package I had no idea had been sent because he couldn't be bothered to let me know what the situation was just absolutely frosts me. You can bet a pissy little barstward like him would have a stroke if the tables were reversed.

I could 100% understand his unwillingness to make even basic, most minimal communication if e-mail caused him great physical pain or if his ISP charges by the character for e-mail service, but I kind of doubt either is the case. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO NOT BELIEVE HE'S SENT THE BODIES...in fact I'll bet he has. I've got no idea why his tracking information indicates it's been delivered (would certainly be helpful, though, to have the tracking number) unless it was accidentally put in the wrong box at the Post Office which does happen from time to time (we received someone else's package a couple weeks ago).

Please--anyone--if it appears I've been out of line say so, but I believe I was reasonable in my expectations and very polite in my communication. I know a LOT of people would have absolutely gone off when they didn't receive everything, but I'm a low-stress/low-impact guy who believes it all sorts itself out in the end.

At this point I couldn't give a rat's hind quarters whether I get the bodies or not. The $30-35 just isn't worth the frustration to me dealing with someone who's such an obvious horse's rearmost orifice. Don't get me wrong, I'll be delighted to find them, but for now I'll just post my feedback for him and let it go. If I receive the bodies I'll certainly update this to indicate such, but the piss poor communication and attitude are what I very definitely take issue with.

As always with this sort of thing, your mileage may vary.

Ah, catharsis.

Scottrik
Old 11-12-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Default Update

Upon receiving LasagnaCat's reply this morning I sent the following:

You're getting this again for TWO reasons:

1) You couldn't be bothered to communicate what was happening, whether or not the bodies were packaged separately or inadvertently forgotten and shipped later, and

2) Because they very definitely have not been delivered to us.

Perhaps you could be so kind as to share that tracking number and I will attempt to follow it up from this end.

Thank you,

To which I received the following:

If you didn't get everything in one box, and if the one box you got was so small that the bodies most definitely wouldn't fit - I would assume that you would figure out that a second box was coming on your own without entering panic mode and contacting me with the same message by every means possible. I didn't have a box big enough for everything when I packed the cars, had to pick up a second box at work on Monday. My wife shipped that box via UPS from work on Tuesday, she said she checked the tracking before she left yesterday and that the box was delivered yesterday afternoon. I won't have the tracking number until she goes back on Monday, so at the moment there's really NOTHING that I can do. Work with me on this and we'll get it figured out - stuff like this happens, it's NOT the end of the world. Act like an ass or give me attitude and I'll "be so kind" as to inform you that I don't tolerate or help asses.

Final thought.. if you hadn't asked or checked for feedback, check me feedback both here and on eBay (same user name.) Do that *before* you reply to this, then tell me if you SERIOUSLY think I'd try to screw you out of something you paid for.
I will re-iterate...AT NO TIME HAVE I EVER FELT I WAS BEING SCREWED NOR HAVE I EVER COMMUNICATED ANY SUCH CONCERN TO ANYONE, EVEN LASAGNA CAT. What he indicates has happened (other than UPS saying it's been delivered--more on that later) is entirely plausible and I've no doubt at all is 100 accurate. BUT...

SHOW OF HANDS PLEASE...

1) Who here wouldn't communicate via easily accessible, known, and FREE channels (e-mail and/or pm via RC Tech) that there'd been a little snafu and the second part of the shipment would be delayed a bit?

2) Who here wouldn't have replied with EXACTLY this helpful information when asked about it a couple days later when the first part of the shipment arrived?

3) Who here thinks I've even come CLOSE to panic? For crying out loud I waited three days before re-posting my (I thought) very polite request for information/confirmation. Panic is every hour (or less...I've seen it). Mild concern is every day. I've known all along there was an acceptable reason for what had happened...I just wanted some confirmation/acknowledgment.

AGAIN, I have absolutely NOTHING to say against Mr. LasagnaCat's honesty or credibility. I just think his communication and piss-poor attitude are unacceptable and I will not choose to trade with him again. To me, no deal is great enough to deal with frustration like this.

Now, as far as UPS...

Yesterday we DID get one of their little "Attempted Delivery" notices stuck to our door, but I had absolutely NO WAY OF KNOWING it was this particular package. The notice says the package is from "Brylone", not LasagnaCat, or Marc, or his e-Bay persona. According to the on-line tracking it indicates it's come from Indiana, not Illinois as the original package came from. The first shipment was via USPS Priority and arrived at my PO Box where this was UPS at home (yes, I know UPS does not ship to PO Boxes). Yet magically I was supposed to connect all these dots. Sorry Marc/LasagnaCat...the psychic helmet you sent me didn't come with batteries. I completely missed all these EXCELLENT clues. However, had you made any sort of effort AT ALL to communicate what to expect I'd have been sittin' happy.

Best,

Scottrik
Old 11-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

I dont know but if i was you i would just edit and get rid of ripping on this guy. I know him and his stuff is all top notch and very well taken care of. If you recieved all the stuff you bought... You should edit and delete all the comments you made about this guy.

He is a busy guy and he did get the packages to you ...
Old 11-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

never had dealings with the guy,but he did have a for sale thread in which he asked for offers.

i offered him a price,instead of declining he insulted me only issue with the guy ever.

sorry for your trouble, but yeah the only thing i got from him was just a piss poor attitude
Old 11-12-2005, 04:29 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I dont know but if i was you i would just edit and get rid of ripping on this guy. I know him and his stuff is all top notch and very well taken care of. If you recieved all the stuff you bought... You should edit and delete all the comments you made about this guy.

He is a busy guy and he did get the packages to you ...
Disclaimer---Keep in mind that I don't know lasagnacat or Scottrik, nor have I done business with either of them yet, nor do I have anything against either one of them, but if I had recieved a package from someone that didn't contain everything it was supposed to, I would have done the same thing that Scottrik did-----which was request an explanation from the seller. If I didn't get one, which Scottrik didn't, then I start to get pissed pretty quick, whether the seller has a good reputation or not.
We all have to realize, that in this day and age of rip-off artists, Post Office screw ups, and any other reasons that delay or stop shipments, if we don't watch out for ourselves, nobody is going to do it for us.
I HATE to be left hanging on something because someone is to busy or lazy to let me know what is REALLY going on.
I understand that the seller in this case may be a busy guy, but hey, aren't we all? I know I am!! But that doesn't stop me from trying to be courteous to people, (especially when I have their money and they are waiting for their end of the deal to get there...lol) and NOT get pissed off with their questions when I'M not courteous.
All it would have taken from the seller to eliminate this whole situation (along with the hard feelings now between these two) would have been a minute or less from the seller to sit down and send a reply to the buyer and say, I sent 2 seperate boxes, should be there anytime now....
Again, this is nothing against the buyer or seller in this case (I would still deal with either of them ) but when we buy in good faith off of this and other sites, people can get a little antsy when they don't get what they were supposed to, and the seller won't take the time to answer their questions.....I know I would have......Just my 2 cents....Great, now I'm broke again!!!!

Brad

Last edited by WYLDTHING; 11-12-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Disclaimer---Keep in mind that I don't know lasagnacat or Scottrik, nor have I done business with either of them yet, nor do I have anything against either one of them, but if I had recieved a package from someone that didn't contain everything it was supposed to, I would have done the same thing that Scottrik did-----which was request an explanation from the seller. If I didn't get one, which Scottrik didn't, then I start to get pissed pretty quick, whether the seller has a good reputation or not.
We all have to realize, that in this day and age of rip-off artists, Post Office screw ups, and any other reasons that delay or stop shipments, if we don't watch out for ourselves, nobody is going to do it for us.
I HATE to be left hanging on something because someone is to busy or lazy to let me know what is REALLY going on.
I understand that the seller in this case may be a busy guy, but hey, aren't we all? I know I am!!, but that doesn't stop me from trying to be courteous to people, (especially when I have their money and they are waiting for their end of the deal to get there...lol) and NOT get pissed off with their questions when I'M not courteous.
All it would have taken from the seller to eliminate this whole situation (along with the hard feelings now between these two) would have been a minute or less from the seller to sit down and send a reply to the buyer and say, I sent 2 seperate boxes, should be there anytime now....
Again, this is nothing against the buyer or seller in this case (Iwould still deal with either of them ) but when we buy in good faith off of this and other sites, people can get a little antsy when they don't get what they were supposed to, and the seller won't take the time to answer their questions.....I know I would have......Just my 2 cents....Great, now I'm broke again!!!!

Brad
i agree 100% with everything you said brad,well put.except for the line that you would deal with both of them,personally i would only agree to deal with one in the future as i know the attitude of the other.no names just my opinion
Old 11-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Suspended

Scottrick: In my opinion your being way to nice to this guy, in your messages back and forward!!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racingkd
Scottrick: In my opinion your being way to nice to this guy, in your messages back and forward!!
I must confess, and I DO regret to say, that my "tone" took a nose dive from that point on today. I can only hold my tongue so long. I'm a believer in Kharma...and it doesn't help my "account" to have lowered myself to being snippy. I'll have to be SUPER nice to someone when I'm racing tomorrow and try to pay some of my usual good fortune forward as a means of atonement.

Scottrik
Old 11-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

He is on here selling something that was never even used,,,, hes not on here to be your friend. You got a great deal on the items from him, and recieved everything you paid for

So done deal,,,,,, no need to bad mouth someone for you not liking his attitude.

I was totally ripped off by a guy selling something on here,,,,, so its not like he screwed you in any way.... and like i said you got everything you paid for
Old 11-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallstreet
He is on here selling something that was never even used,,,, hes not on here to be your friend. You got a great deal on the items from him, and recieved everything you paid for

So done deal,,,,,, no need to bad mouth someone for you not liking his attitude.

I was totally ripped off by a guy selling something on here,,,,, so its not like he screwed you in any way.... and like i said you got everything you paid for
duh..that's why it's called "feedback"
Old 11-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re

What does getting a great deal have to do with this guys attitude? It's the small details that sometimes makes or breaks the transaction. There was no need for that kind of attitude. Just like on Ebay.....communicatin has everything to do with how smooth the deal goes down.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRAD
What does getting a great deal have to do with this guys attitude? It's the small details that sometimes makes or breaks the transaction. There was no need for that kind of attitude. Just like on Ebay.....communicatin has everything to do with how smooth the deal goes down.
i agree with this statement plus people don't need to give attitude for people asking questions about a purchase
Old 11-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Lasgnacat sent me a PM once regarding a transaction on a personal transponder i was selling. Something along the likes of "i'll take it". But anyone who has sold a transponder on here knows damn well that in the first hour you will receive 15 emails from different people saying "i'll take it". So basically I decided that whoever paid me first, was the one to get it. To make a long story short, he paid second and I refunded him his money but he pissed and moaned about the whole transaction.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Default Update

Turns out the "Attempted Delivery" notice we got from UPS Friday WASN'T the bodies from LasagnaCat...the package WAS from Brylone, whoever the heck they are (I'll have to ask the wife).

So, despite wallstreet's protestation to the contrary, I STILL haven't received everything I paid for. Nor have I received the tracking information on the package (though I really doubt I'll see that now ). I'm still confident they were sent. Unfortunately, if they were sent UPS they WEREN'T sent to the address agreed to when I purchased the package. Will update as events warrant.

Hope everyone's racing went well this past weekend!

Scottrik
Old 11-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

This will be my one post on the subject.

He's done a very good job of just providing his biased side of the story, and of NOT posting both his replies to me and any of the other PM's I sent him telling him I'd try to find out what happened - odd coincidence, that.

Not going into excessive detail with my side, partly because none of the rest of you are involved and mostly because I feel that I told this person that I'd provide him an answer by Monday (and explained to him WHY I wouldn't have the tracking number until today, which he apparently doesn't understand and didn't mention) and he posted this before Monday. Maybe he's day of the week impaired, maybe he just likes to try to be hurtful and damaging and that boosts his ego - whatever. Anyone reading this is more than welcome to check all my feedback both here and on eBay (same user name) and to use that in their decision. If you *REALLY* think that I'd send him the cars and intentionally not send him the bodies... that make sense, to ANYone? On my end, if the person that sent the package tells me that they checked the tracking number and it's been delivered - and then a total stranger tells me it hasn't... who am I to believe? I told him I'd check it out when I could. I told him that if it showed that it'd been delivered to him that he was on his own (is that wrong?) and that if it hadn't I'd try and find out where they went. Then then he posts here? Before finding out what happened? Is he *trying* to not get the bodies he paid for? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Nobody here *has* to like my attitude. I don't *have* to be your best buddy to complete a transaction. If I tell someone that I'll buy something, and they agree, and then they sell it to someone else - yes, I'll say something. If I tell someone that something is shipping ON TUESDAY and they email me four times asking if something has shipped - I may ignore that because in my world they should understand what TUESDAY meant. How many times must someone repeat the same thing before the other party understands? If I were going to ship on Thursday, I would say Thursday. If I said Tuesday and shipped on Wednesday - I'd TELL you. I know a lot of you may find me abrasive, but that doesn't bother me. I won't lose sleep, I won't fret over this post made by someone that comes across as unstable in some ways. I won't even check this thread again, nothing good will come of it.

Final note: I *do* expect that when the bodies arrive (since I *did* find out where they went - and it's still MONDAY <gasp!>) this person will post as much. I do also expect him to tell you that NOTHING that I've told him was untrue or was a lie. Why do I expect that? Same reason I expect people to know that Monday means Monday and the like. Truth doesn't lie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.