Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XRAY T1FK'05. good car??? >

XRAY T1FK'05. good car???

XRAY T1FK'05. good car???

Old 08-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default XRAY T1FK'05. good car???

I am looking into buying the XRAY T1FK'05 kit. will this suit me good for F%$^* arround in the drive way/street and racing at a local out door hobby shop. if so what motor would be good, how many turns and where might i buy one. i cant find any web pages that sell them new.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I wouldn't f&&*^* around the driveway/street with ANY open drive train car, you'll get rocks and stuff in there and tear it up!! ...I race an FK05 and kept one of my Losi XXX-S's for messing around up and down the street as it's a sealed drive train, bolt a 7x1 in it and tear up and down the street trying to hit cats.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

checkout stormerhobbies they have lots, but support your local hobby shop these are the guys that help make the sport in your area survive, if they dont carry them then buy online
Old 08-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The FK05 is an excellent car but then again most are.I have raced nothing but XRAYS and i like how easy they are to work on.I have built LOSIs and they seem to be a little more complicated to work on.Any car would be good to mess around with in the driveway.Before you buy check out your hobby store to see what parts are readily available on the shelves.You don't want to get a car that you can't get parts for.If its broke you can't play with it.So to answer your question any car as long as there are parts to fix it.I would also recommend maybe getting an XRAY T1R because they aren't as much and would be cheaper to play with.The T1R is still a good car to race.Hope this helps.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cars.cars.cars
I am looking into buying the XRAY T1FK'05 kit. will this suit me good for F%$^* arround in the drive way/street and racing at a local out door hobby shop. if so what motor would be good, how many turns and where might i buy one. i cant find any web pages that sell them new.
bro I know that you are new to this site but please look for other threads that are on the same subject that you are posting ..

Thank you

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61774

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=800

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79911
Old 08-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's a lot of money to spend on a car to just F'ing around the drive way. It would do fine for what you want but then you're kinda wasting your money though. Why not buy a TC4 instead? Or even a used older model Xray if you like the xray brand. Much cheaper and it'll do the same job you're looking for.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

If your going to drive up and down your street, get the Pro 4 because of the enclosed drive train. If you going to race competitively I'd go for the FK05, both cars are excellent cars so which ever one you choose you'll be happy.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

i was just gonna ask bout the pro 4. that was the first car i was looking at getting but the guy at the hobby shop near me suggested the xray so i am looking it up. but they dont have any xray parts there so.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yes, get a new Pro 4.

I have a new one in the box unassembled. Never been used. I will sell it to you for cheap. Let me know.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

HPI and Xray are both good cars. I would suggest that you go with a car that your LHS carries parts for. I personally would stay away from an open drivetrain, as it has been said before.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

for bashing around in a driveway carbon fiber is not the way to go!!!! unless you got an unlimited supply of cash!!!! ya better off with a composit chassis like a tc4 or tc3
Old 08-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If your not dead set on a new car, I have a xxx-s I don't run anymore with tons of spare parts/tuning parts for sale. PM me if your interested.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have seen Jimbos Losi and its nice, LOTS of parts too