Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help choosing CAR

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Need help choosing CAR

Hey im new to the world of r/c. Which car should i get i want 1/10 scale, electric, stadium truck for 150-175. I was looking at the rustler is it any good? what do you recomend?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Oh and i only want it new.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

anyone?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Are you looking to run on-road or off-road? I would recommend the RC10T4 if you are looking for a great off-road stadium truck. If you want it new a factory kit will cost you $215, an RTR will cost you $220. The difference is the RTR comes assembled with everything but batteries to run. One complaint you will hear is that the RTR's come with pretty low quality electronics but the only thing you will need to buy is batteries and a charger. The factory team kit comes with no electronics so but it does have several "hop ups" (better quality parts) that appeal more to the race audience. You will have to add a radio, servo, motor, speed control, and receiver along with the batteries and charger before this kit will run and those items can easily add up to an additional $300.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jamescam
Are you looking to run on-road or off-road? I would recommend the RC10T4 if you are looking for a great off-road stadium truck. If you want it new a factory kit will cost you $215, an RTR will cost you $220. The difference is the RTR comes assembled with everything but batteries to run. One complaint you will hear is that the RTR's come with pretty low quality electronics but the only thing you will need to buy is batteries and a charger. The factory team kit comes with no electronics so but it does have several "hop ups" (better quality parts) that appeal more to the race audience. You will have to add a radio, servo, motor, speed control, and receiver along with the batteries and charger before this kit will run and those items can easily add up to an additional $300.

Will not go wrong with the rc10T4 RTR....
Old 07-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dont get a rustler. You can buy a t4 rtr for 204 it comes with a 15 turn motor, a good esc and more.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

You would probably have to spend at least $200 on upgrades for the Rustler for it to be up to par with the T4.

Sean
Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up The rustler is a good bashing/practice truck

The rustler is great if you are new, it is VERY durable and will hold up great to all the things you will run into. Aftermarket parts are a little harder to come by, but TeamPlatinumRacing has some nice aluminum ones.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ask the question in the off road forum