Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JATO OWNERS WANTED

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default JATO OWNERS WANTED

JUST WANT TO SEE SOME PICS OF YOUR JATO.
LIKE TO KNOW WHAT MODS YOU HAVE DONE TO THEM
AND WHERE TO BUY PARTS AND AFTERMARKET PARTS FOR THEM.
I HAVE ONE AND IT IS WICKED FAST AT MY DIRT OVAL TRACK. SO FAST THAT I HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING THUR THE TURNS. I THINK THE JATO IS JUST ABOUT BULLET PROOF. THE ONLY THING IVE BROKEN IS THE CAPTURED BALL END. GOT IT FIX DURING THE MAIN AND STILL FINISHED 3RD. I LOVE THIS THING. LETS HEAR YOUR PRAISES OR YOUR DISLIKES. GO JATO
Old 07-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hmm...alright:

The only thing I have done to it is change both servos to JR Z590Ms, and added a fuel filter. Overall this is one hell of a stadium truck and I can't really nag on it about anything. I think the only things that I would have negative comments about would be the tires, because they are really only good for pavement and does poorly on dusty surfaces and loose dirt. The back end of the stock bodies also tend to bend upwards; I have two bodies and both of them are like that.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I work at my LHS and was tuning a guy's JATO the other day....I was blown away!!...them suckers are FAST!! good god!!
Old 07-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

I KNOW THERE ARE MORE JATO OWNERS OUT THERE. COME ON GIVE UP THE PICS AND WHAT U LIKE AND DISLIKE ABOUT IT. I LOVE THIS THING. IS THERE ANY UP GRADES WE CAN GET FOR IT YET!!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Question on the Jato

I've got a burning question. I tried to race my Jato last weekend and the vehicle keep stalling after a half of lap and it wouldn't start for a few minutes. I also checked the temp and it was only 206. Normally the Jato would start up with no problems.
Here is what the situation was and what I did:
1. Temp outside was 97 and humidity was about 75%
2. I use Traxxas 20% fuel
3. The Jato ran great before this weekend heat's and A-main
This is what I did:
1. Changed glow plug
2. Richend the mixture
3. Changed the fuel in the bottle (same fuel as above)

Can anybody help? I've always considered the Jato as my back-bone vehicle. It's always survived to the end. This is my first DNF of this season.
Thanks
Old 07-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

try some new fuel.
check the fuel bottle now that it has been sitting. is there any moisture in the main bottle or the smaller bottle.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:47 AM
Tech Initiate

upgrades include.
Hitech CRX aggresor w/ mini reciever
Badhorsie performance head
Billet aluminum Revo shocks w/Jato Pistons/springs
Cvec power system pipe
Lunsford titanium turnbuckles in front
Traxxas red aluminum turnbuckles everywhere else
4 sets rims and tires all RPM/Proline
Black narrow fuel line
fuel filter
shock socks
I think thats it.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by baih
try some new fuel.
check the fuel bottle now that it has been sitting. is there any moisture in the main bottle or the smaller bottle.
Is it safe to change fuel brand's and % nitro? I was using a large fuel bottle. Should I use a smaller bottle?
Some of the other pit guy's helped and they squeezed the fuel line once and it started, then they did it again and it didn't start.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

I have a JATO, the only things i changed were a 2055 servo for throttle and bought a JR RS300 reciever off ebayto go with my JR XS3 transmitter........But the reason i'm posting is to warn anybody who sees the rubber restricter in the end of the pipe DO NOT REMOVE! I tried this and melted my pipe which almost caused me to burn up my engine.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Wow a few races later my JATO body looks pretty crappy now. I just got squashed by Mugen buggy and it snapped my rear shock tower in half. Oh well, whenever someone decides to release aluminum 7075 shock towers for this thing I'll fix it. Till then, to the shelf it goes!
Old 07-31-2005, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

armyracinman,
what i meant by big and small bottles, dont you use a small fuel bottle with a tube to to put fuel in your truck? sometimes you can get moisture in your fuel. if you see a little bit of condensation in the fuel bottles its no good. if you decide to try another fuel then take apart your motor and clean it real good. then try another brand or %. at your own risk.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Silverado/Jato

[IMG]Silverado/Jato[/IMG] The stock wheels were smoked after about 3 tanks of fuel. Looking through some of the other Jato Pics, most people burn them up also. I prefer to run the Jato on road because I'm into jumping and bashing and the Jato just won't take my abuse. My Savage is amazing for this and can take some harsh punishment, such as some of the 9' jumps I do. The Jato is fun because of the speed but I've gone to a road tire. Put about 18 tanks of fuel through on these tires and I don't even see any wear. I've sacrificed some speed because the tires are lower profile but picked up a little with the monster air filter you see hanging out the side. Broke a rear A arm in a rear collision but I have some RPM part on order which are guaranteed not to break (about 130% thicker than stock). Also busted up the bulkhead in an earlier collision with a rock that came out of nowhere. I would like to get a tuned pipe to increase performance but I'm not sure which one to get.
Attached Thumbnails JATO OWNERS WANTED-jato.jpg  
Old 12-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking MY JATO

her are some pics of mine.

upgrades include:
integy ball set
MSR6 piggyback shocks
SMC IB1400 6V 5-Cell Hump Receiver Pack
Integy Air Filter Red Jato
and Gladiater 2000 tires on the rear

and coming soon:
Hard bodyz roll cage
traxxas aluminum turnbuckles
JATO 3.3 tuned pipe
Traxxas Cooling Head/PowerTune/Head Protector
MIP Shiny Boost Bottle Kit

you can get every thing off of tower except for the roll cage
this thing is going to be fast.
Attached Thumbnails JATO OWNERS WANTED-100_1643.jpg2.jpg  

Last edited by JATO Basher; 02-24-2007 at 07:43 PM.