Starter box

Old 02-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Starter box

Hiya,

My starter went on me this weekend !!!!
Could anyone recommend a starter box that is very torquey for the MTX 3, Was thinking of a twin 550 motors one, but they are useless with 12v supply. Looking for one that is powerful with 2 7.2v batteries and 12v supply.

Thanks

xtreme888
Old 02-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Starter box

Originally posted by xtreme888
Hiya,

Could anyone recommend a starter box that is very torquey for the MTX 3, Was thinking of a twin 550 motors one, but they are useless with 12v supply. Looking for one that is powerful with 2 7.2v batteries and 12v supply.

Thanks

xtreme888
Hi Philip,

The best box we have found so far is the Mugen one itself. Got tons of torque and will crank over even the tightest of engines with ease. We ran 2 cars off one all day today with a 12v supply. The weather was really cold (about 5degC) so you can imagine how hard they were to get started when cold.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Campbell,

Well BRB set are a pain to start even after a gallon !!! Were you running the new crankshaft, and were there any new serpent picco engine ? iif yes what were they like ? WEll mugen box from ted its will be !!

Thanks

philip
Old 02-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wasnt running the new crankshaft. Will be running them hopefully at the first Irish National round. Today we were just bedding in the BRB sets and getting them up to running spec. The Serpent Ireland team driver was running the new mega today. I believe he qualified 6th and finished 7th or 8th.

We qualified 1,2,3 and to be honest we still havent unlocked the full power of the BRB set (first day running the new MTX3's). Temp was peaking at 230 - 240 deg (0.2 shim, still running on the rich side and not a mark or discolouration on the piston or button) and we were still pulling on the straight when we were coming off the throttle. We went up a tooth on gears and it helped but still a lot of power not being used yet. Going to hit the track next weekend again and go a couple of teeth higher on the pinions to harness that missing power.

All I can say is roll on August.

Last edited by Palmaris Europe; 03-01-2005 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

new bi metal brb ? OR the first or second gen brb set ?
Old 02-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

new bi metal brb ? OR the first or second gen brb set ?
second gen sets. Hoping to have the bi-metal available in about 8 weeks if all goes according to plan. Ed is still doing some tests and estimates they will be ready in about 6 weeks or so.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Starter box

Hiya,

Thanks

xtreme888
The single motor boxes have way more tourqe then the double motor type. I have both types and the gel cell lasts way longer. I could kill the 2 stick packs pretty easily if I had engine problems.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default starter box

I use the associated box. it is universal in that the wheel can be mounted in 3 positions , the 770 motor can turn over new 21.s. I use it on a 235mm on road with a big block 15. they are pretty cheap, around 90.00. they have a very secure method of holding 2 packs or a gel cell and the pegs for securing the car on the box are very easy to adjust.
just my my 2 cents.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

does all starter box can be use for 1/10 and 1/8(onroad and offroad)
Old 03-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

i would have to say go for the team associated box i have used my one now for just over 2 years with no problems, i use it for 1/10 and 1/8 cars. i just bought one for a club member and i think it was around 100 dollars with shipping for it.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ive got the chrome dynamite one with the 12V motor and it rawks. Super powerfull, quiet and lasts a loong time on my gell cell. Only downside is its heavy, but it is the best box i have owned.

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ductID=DYN5625
Old 02-20-2020, 03:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Starter box

A Starter Box is basically a box with an electric motor in it that spins a big wheel. That wheel then spins the flywheel on your engine through the small cut out above the flywheel on the car's chassis. You place the car on top of the starter box and push the car down and it turns the engine over.

FabFitFun starter box
If you receive an invite, you can log into your
FabFitFun dashboard to send the boxes. Once you send the box to your friend**, they will have 7 days to redeem their free box and begin their trial subscription.

Nitro RC car
The only way
it's possable to do a push, bump, jump (whatever word you want to use) start with a nitro vehicle is if the vehicle is a direct drive system (no clutch) and there are just not too many of them around.

Install an electric car starter

Basic Steps of Remote Start Installation:
  1. Remove the lower dash under the steering wheel.
  2. The remote starter needs to be connected to multiple wires.
  3. Test each wire relevant to the installation.
  4. Attach the ground wire to the chassis of the vehicle.
  5. Attach it to the starter to start the circuit.
Start engines work
When the rope's grip is pulled, the rope uncoils, tensions the spring, engages the clutch and turns the crankshaft, spinning it to crank or start the engine before the end of the pull stroke.

RC car best brand

The Best RC Brands (You Can't-Miss Out On These Companies)
  • Traxxas. Fun and Innovative.
  • Team Associated. Premium Parts and Great After-Sale Service.
  • HPI Racing. Cool Design and Product Reliability.
  • Team Losi. High Performance and Various Spare Parts.
  • More Brands For You To Choose.
I hope you like and understood this information!
Old 02-24-2020, 12:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if you have blown the motors up in them, just buy new motors for them. ebay 15 bucks each for 550 size motors.
i use a 14.8 lipo in my starter box. plenty power

something like this
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SURPASS-...frcectupt=true