Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Yes, the helios one works. I'm not sure if the pro version will be compatible or not. I'm using the Spektrum with the Mars R now.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Actually (this is a bit off topic) does anyone know if they are working on the spektrum for any of the JR Heli Transmitters? I've got a JR 9303 that I would really like to have setup for the Spektrum.

Blake
Old 04-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

The Spektrum product is only for module based ground transmitters. Currently the only air DSM product available is for parkflyer aircraft only and it is not module based. I think the range is a problem in nitro and larger models.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Actually (this is a bit off topic) does anyone know if they are working on the spektrum for any of the JR Heli Transmitters? I've got a JR 9303 that I would really like to have setup for the Spektrum.

Blake
What are you flying for a heli? I know a lot of people have used the DX6 in Micro heli's like the Blade CP, T-Rex, and others. With the Blade CP Pro coming soon too, I think the DX6 will be a popular option for that Heli too. I have one myself and have used it in my Tribute 3D. It's definatly different than a surface radio

And I am 99% sure Blake is right that the Helios Module works with the Mars, and the Pro Series will also work with the Mars, but I will double check for you.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

it seems there is a bit of confusion on the spektrum. Does anyone kno whether the Ko Module can be used by both the Helios and Mars R or do they have their own seperate modules?
Old 04-22-2006, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

I have seen airborne spektrum radios for sale and the spektrum web site has an airplane shown under control of a spektrum.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
What are you flying for a heli? I know a lot of people have used the DX6 in Micro heli's like the Blade CP, T-Rex, and others. With the Blade CP Pro coming soon too, I think the DX6 will be a popular option for that Heli too. I have one myself and have used it in my Tribute 3D. It's definatly different than a surface radio

And I am 99% sure Blake is right that the Helios Module works with the Mars, and the Pro Series will also work with the Mars, but I will double check for you.
Yeah, I know they have the DX6 and I've heard of people using them in the micro heli's. I'm flying the T-Rex (if that's what you want to call what I do with it.) I really don't want to give up the programming and stuff of my JR 9303. It's a great radio. It's similar I guess to the difference between an M11 and a Spektrum DX3.

I actually just switched from the Mars R to the M11 so I'm good to go.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is the Pro version all new boards inside the receiver and module or just a software upgrade? If it is a software upgrade is it possible to send your old stuff back in for the upgrade?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I just got a Spectrum for my M8. I do not think it has the latest software update. I am using a GTB with it. When I turn on the unit the motor runs at full speed until the green LED comes the receiver comes on. Then the GTB acts normal.

How do I find out if mine has the update? Does anyone know how long it takes for the update?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You have your failsafe setup wrong, re-bind your receiver and make sure you put on full break when you are doing the failsafe....

Take care
Old 05-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I just bought a new receiver and it had a little green dot on the panel with the module part number. Does anyone know if that means it's the "latest" software? The receiver just came in to my LHS, so it can't be too old. Gary?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TigeRyan
You have your failsafe setup wrong, re-bind your receiver and make sure you put on full break when you are doing the failsafe....

Take care
Hey thanks for the tip. It worked for me.

Now how about the update?
Old 05-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

I have no idea how to tell if they require a software update other than to use them and send them in if you have any trouble with them shutting down. The module antenna routing is another story. They have a blurb on their website on how to check for that, but I believe it was more with the Futaba modules than Airtronics.

The last time I sent a few receivers in for the software update I got them turned in less than 10 days. The first time it was more like 3 weeks. I guess it just depends on how much help they have at Horizon.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Can anyone tell me which servo horn fits the spektrum servo Z590?

Futaba servo horn?

Hitec Servo horn?

JR servo horn?

KO servo horn?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I just got a Spectrum for my M8. I do not think it has the latest software update. I am using a GTB with it. When I turn on the unit the motor runs at full speed until the green LED comes the receiver comes on. Then the GTB acts normal.
Your transmitter should be the first thing you turn on and last to switch off. Doesn't matter if you have a spectrum or not.

At our club the other day I saw a off road car go completely out of control and flat out into a fence when the guy turned the transmitter off, with the car still on... The car broke in half
Old 05-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
I have no idea how to tell if they require a software update other than to use them and send them in if you have any trouble with them shutting down. The module antenna routing is another story. They have a blurb on their website on how to check for that, but I believe it was more with the Futaba modules than Airtronics.
The antenna thing was for the receivers, not the module. So it was not radio specific.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy

How do I find out if mine has the update? Does anyone know how long it takes for the update?
You need to re-bind it to set the failsafe at neutral or towards "brake". It won't run away if it's set right...it'll just sit there and wait for you to turn on the transmitter.

Spektrum kicks ass.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

I have the fail safe correct now.

If Spectrum works the way it is suppose to. You can turn on the car then the radio. The receiver should not do anything until a bound transmitter signal is received.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
I just bought a new receiver and it had a little green dot on the panel with the module part number. Does anyone know if that means it's the "latest" software? The receiver just came in to my LHS, so it can't be too old. Gary?
Any receivers that have been shipped within the last 90 days or so all have the new software. I'm not sure if the dots mean anything.

RC Razer, the Spektrum Z590 uses a 23 Tooth spline, same as JR.

While if you set the failsafe up correctly you technically "can" turn the car on first, then the radio, it's stil reccomended to turn the radio on just in case the failsafe isn't set correctly.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks RCGaryK..

The led will not tell if you have the latest software...there are no indication on the recvr that will tell you if your recvr has the latest software.

Reason why i know this because I sent out an email to Spektrum Product Support and here is the copy of the email..

"The Spektrum receivers had a firmware update from the early production for the line and this was to resolve minor static issues. We have no way to distinguish the older receivers from the new. However, this was not a problem with the DX3 or DX2 transmitters themselves. "
Old 05-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Right, any ESD issues had nothing to do with the transmitters or the modules, it was in the receivers themselves which the new firmware fixes. I know I've been running the new software since before the Novak Race without one issue, on or off road, nitro or electric.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrazer
Can anyone tell me which servo horn fits the spektrum servo Z590?

Futaba servo horn?

Hitec Servo horn?

JR servo horn?

KO servo horn?

JR
Old 05-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Has anyone worked with the new micro receiver SR3500? I noticed on the Spektrum web site, this receiver does not work with the telemetry section, but it has all the other features. Can anyone confirm this. I'm looking to get DSM but I'm waiting on the pro and size, which this SR3500 looks like the ticket, if it has telemetry....

Below is cut and pasted from the Spektrum web site: (http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1210)

"Think of it. All the no-pins, no-crystals, no-glitches, no-interference convenience and security of Spektrum's DSM 2.4GHz technology in a smaller package. Fact is, except for not featuring a telemetry section, its performance and circuitry are identical to that of our regular, race-proven SR3000 receiver. Plus the lowest latency, equal to that of the new Pro Series receivers."
Old 05-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have one waiting for me that I ordered at the store. My understanding is that it does not do telemetry. In fact I think it might be the same case the telemetry module uses (very small). I'll try to post a review once I try it out. Does anyone know if it is the speed of the pro module? Also can I use a a non-HRS pro module in my 3pk since the micro module doesnt support HRS either. What do I lose?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i've used the new small receiver for several weeks and it doesn't support telemetry as i understand. As for comparison to the Pro again it is very similar. The case does appear to be the same as the telemetry nice and small Binding with the loop is not a hassle as i had originally thought it might.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:37 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
i've used the new small receiver for several weeks and it doesn't support telemetry as i understand. As for comparison to the Pro again it is very similar. The case does appear to be the same as the telemetry nice and small Binding with the loop is not a hassle as i had originally thought it might.
Can you post a picture of your car with the small receiver installed?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

I've also run the Micro receiver and it works very well. It is true that it is not compatible with the telemetry system. The bind plug works perfectly, exactly like on the AR6000 receiver for the DX6. It also features the same improved latency as the new Pro Series equipment as well. If you liked the original system and aren't going to use telemetry, you'll love the SR3500!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The telemetry module is junk anyway so that shouldnt be a problem for anyone. Is there a non-HRS pro system I can run in the 3pk? What would I lose by running that setup (since the micro receiver doesnt work with the new HRS system)?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
Hey Ron,
Is there something else you need to buy to bind the new 3500 reciever to the module????

I am getting the Pro system tomorrow and the new micro receivers as well,
I just don't want to get it and then have to wait another week to get the binding loop????

Please let me know,
Thanks Bro,
-Shookie <><
Old 05-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM1014

That's the Pro Series Module and Receiver for the 3PK.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM1114
Module Only

Shookie, the SR3500 comes with the bind plug you need. There's nothing else you need to buy to make it work with your module. By going with the Pro system instead of the HRS, you'll just have a slightly higher latency is all. And neither the HRS nor the SR3500 do telemetry, so that's a moot point there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.