Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7Likes

Traxxas Revo

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 10:33 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Default Traxxas Revo

Somebody asked me why there was no big Revo thread on here, and I didn't have a good answer. So, I'm making this one, and I'll declare it the "official" Revo thread. So all you Revo owners, lovers, haters, or anybody else, here's your new home.

Enjoy!
Old 11-30-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok, let me be the 1st to say about Revo here...
we still dont have it here on the Borneo Island [Sabah&Sarawak]....and i love them for their high technology input. especially their inbord shocks.

i have to go online to order them...if i really want.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default Sweet

Hey whats up.....I must ask about the recall Traxxas did on the Revo. Its about the Differential. I am experiencing that problem in the rear of my turck BUT.....they said its not in all of the RTR's. They said it was only in a handlefull of trucks....So my suggestion to you if you want to fix it before it breaks.....call them up and replace the gears before hand. Over all...the truck is so amazing....I LOVE MY NEW TRUCK!!!

Dante`

Last edited by TurboLancer; 12-02-2004 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi...i hanve a revo... i ave just brought the new revo starter box for it so it is all going good
Old 12-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default Welcome

Hey cool welcome to the Revo world....I stand corrected Guys and gals...it wasnt a Recall....Just a service bulletin. LOL To me theres no difference.. They still admit to having a Diff problem and pay to fix it. The only thing that doesnt make it a recall is the fact that they dont ask you to send it in.

Dante`

By the way I had the problem and I have two new differentials on the wayto my house. I should be back on the dirt by next week.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Props on Revo

Traxxas I must say really redeemed themselves with this truck. Their TMAXX is junk compared to this. I used to own a Maxx and the thing was not as durable as this, I kept on replacing parts, the suspension was not desirable at all, the handling sucked, and so on. I have had this truck for a month now and it takes ABUSE. I have jumped it multiple times and had multiple failed jumps with cartwheels and end over end tumbles and no broken parts yet whatsoever. I just recented upgraded the rocker arms to aluminum JWerks versions which is actually in between the 90-120 stock versions. The front and rear rockers are sold separately and it uses the stock bearings along with 4 extra bearings that come with each set, including putting in the stiffer springs and heavier weight shock oil maybe 50 wt or higher to compensate for the smoothness. The suspension is like butter. Well worth the $140 total for both sets. I have to give props to JWerks on them and also to my lhs All Speed Hobbies in Millbrae who recommended them to me and a few other Revo bashers. Drop by there they have a very limited supply.

Last edited by Nitro_Crash; 12-02-2004 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default True Dat!

You are totally right......Completely.. I would like someone to bring up something bad about the Revo. They are crazy if so....As a matter of fact im not even sure how to break this truck....HAHA. Can anyone tell me?

Dante`

Last edited by TurboLancer; 12-02-2004 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:57 AM
Tech Rookie

just picked up my REVO yesterday. soon as it warms up a little bit i am going to break it in. supposed to be at work right now but this morning i didnt feel so great, ya know?!??!

yellow revo with blue pit bull.....

Old 12-02-2004, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default Welcome aboard

Awesome truck man...you made an excellent choice. I couldnt wait till this thing was broken in. Check my truck out after I broke mine in lol.......Its insane.

Dante`

Old 12-03-2004, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Someone has been having too much fun!!

Spray the chassis and plastic components with 3in1 PTFE and cleaning is much easier next time. Just avoid getting it on your brakes (obviously) or your tyres.

Regards

Horatio
Old 12-03-2004, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Someone has been having too much fun!!

Spray the chassis and plastic components with 3in1 PTFE and cleaning is much easier next time. Just avoid getting it on your brakes (obviously) or your tyres.

Regards

Horatio
Old 12-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default Yeah

I sure did.....And I intend on doing it again..next time it rains.

Dante`
Old 12-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Hey TL I noticed you have the rear wheel treads facing backwards, want to explain the logic on this one?
Old 12-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default UUUHHH DO I have too?

Ummm Yeah I guess I can...but you might not believe me....might think Im a nut..
But I believe(by physical sight) that the truck digs in better with the rear tread facing that way. I kept the front the same for reverse. I do alot of hill climbing, it grabs more land. Thats what I think whether or not others feel the same. Call me crazy.

Me and my stepfather tested it out. We did a hill climb drag with My Revo and his T-max(Identical truck as far as power and drivetrain) and my truck pulled ahead by 2 feet right of the bat. It also as gotten me out of plenty of ruts.

Old 12-05-2004, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

Nahh I wont call you crazy, it follows that by putting the tread the other way, in slipery conditiones it will pull harder. By having the Chevrons converging towards the front (On the botom) it would mean anything stuck in there has no where to escape and will therefor provide resistance to the wheel.

So no argument here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.