Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 07:33 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
getting my losi ready for outdoors, on the rear a-arms when I use the standard mounting hole for the hub carrier the dogbone drive pins are on the edge of falling out of the drive cups
Are you using the Offset hub in the outer hinge pin location? If so that is incorrect.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:35 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
gotta get my hands on one of those CVD drills. always wondered why manufacturers like MIP dont already have the extra holes pre-drilled .... then again, i should wonder .... that would mean less revenues for them hahaha!
The reason we do not do it is simply because of cost. I tried to get it done with the JRXS but it was going to add a lot to the cost of the cvd.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I never knew Todd could wheel a 12th scale like that. Dude you were flying. Was that the spring car or the t-bar car?
Old 02-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

So what's the new product come out that will bullet proof the car?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by weliin
So what's the new product come out that will bullet proof the car?
here we go again, speculating, but aint it fun I reckon it narrower diffs and longer wishbones
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 02-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
The reason we do not do it is simply because of cost. I tried to get it done with the JRXS but it was going to add a lot to the cost of the cvd.
Cheers for that Tod
So it has to be worth purchasing one then instead of $52 + $4.99 postage I will sell them for $35.00 + $4.99 postage. The time you drill one drive shaft with an extra 3 holes, you would have paid for the Drill-Shaft-Tool
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 02-15-2006, 11:35 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
I never knew Todd could wheel a 12th scale like that. Dude you were flying. Was that the spring car or the t-bar car?
Spring Car
Old 02-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

OK.. home from work.

What I did= Moved rear shock tower to the front side of the bukhead, and then mounted the shocks on the front of the arms.

What needed to be modified= Bulkhead radius needed to shaved flat, arms needed to be drilled in front, same as outside hole, then mount your BK brackets that are now laying in your pit box to achive the desireable geometry.

What did it do to the car= well.. how should I put this. It made it FAST, it made it smooth and it made it consistant.

I have been working with this car since the beginning of december with less than perfect results.. lately, I have been trying just off the wall stuff to get it to go fast. I have tried dropped spindles (shaved .050")in the front to cause the car to roll more.. which I actually liked.. but it made the spindle very very fragile. I have been running the rear roll center in full high position and i think this is the way to go. My thoughs are running the front high causes the rear end to do all of the steering.. not the front. Personally, I want my front end to do all the work and have the rear end follow.

This past weekend i was staring at my car during down time just dreaming up different ideas and changes. This one, we have seen on another car or two and i went for it.

WHY? why not? took 20 min to rig up... and its another tuning option. You move your shocks out on the arms and you get a different feel.. same principle except the shock is moving closer to centerline.

Results? Well.. i have VERY limmited experience with this setup, and ONLY on carpet... but the weekend before.. my best qualifying time at CEFX (i believe) was a 31/5:00.. and TQ was a 32/5:03 or 04- layed down by a recent Snowbird A main finalist. This week.. my TQ was a 33/5:08.. and then i ran an 06' in the main. This was the SINGLE thing I changed from last weekend to this one. The track was the same, because the same guys were turning the same fast laps and qualified very close to last week. this was a grooved track.. id say if Novak or vegas was a 10 on traction.. and fresh track is a zero.. this track was a 6 by the mains.

Feel? well.. my car has never felt "there". It always seemed to just plow around the track.. never actually feeling hooked up and fast at the same time.. definately would not turn the same lap 2X's. This week.. the car TURNED.. yet it never broke traction. The car rolled through turns precisely and seemed to actually carry speed. The car did exactly what i wanted.. and was never a handfull. It was dare i say as fast as my _______ (insert last car name here). It made the car react faster both off and on power without making it feel over worked.

So= if you guys are bored...try it. let me know what you think.

The whole setup is this

front
Spring= 30lbs
Piston=57
oil= 70
camberlink=low and stock (not JR)
shock position= BK hole, middle of new tower, (all the way in on old tower)
Pin angle= 1 degree out.
6 degree castor
low roll
1mm up travel

Rear
Spring=20lbs
Piston=56
Oil=40
Camber link= 5-B
Shock position= BK bracket/ 2
TOE= one at pins, one at hubs (2 total)/offset hubs
HIGH ROLL center
2mm up travel

PROTOform G6
PARMA cyan/magenta 2.18".
EA Motorsports C2 19t, F brush... 35/128
track CEFX (82X36=ozite daytona)

any questions.. feel free to fire them!
KB

Old 02-15-2006, 01:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
Cheers Randy
I had come up with the idea over three years ago when I then had a TC3 and was fed up with purchasing new drive shafts, and saw a market for such a tool. Do you see Tod on your travels? if so ask him for a peak I have drilled all my drive shafts ever since, XXX-S and JRX-S an absolute must for the guy's that use a SPOOL
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Hopefully I'll start seeing Todd more often... cough SoCal cough...

I'll check it out next time I do see him though.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Keith - if you say it works, I'll try it tomorrow, gonna be at the track all day testing stuff Only problem I can forsee is I run TC3 hub carriers, might have to figure something out for the camber link, but Im sure it wont be too rough.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

why do you run TC3 hubs? That seems really weird to me... back in the day, i always ran the losi hubs on my TC3, because i felt the AE ones blew

Losi hubs offer verticle ball... which to me is MUCH more desireable.

Please let me know how it works on asphalt.... i take it your running at socal? Just change that from what ever your usually happy with. Same shock oils and springs and such...

KB
Old 02-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

is it just the pics or is the camber really screwed up on that???
Old 02-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
is it just the pics or is the camber really screwed up on that???
looks about right to me...

camber seems to be a constant for me, 1 degree front, 2 degree rear

done on my trusty Integy setup station before every run.

KB
Old 02-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Must be me or the pics. With the foams on, I see it as the wheels are angles out at the top.

You using a fisheye lens on that camera??
Old 02-15-2006, 01:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
why do you run TC3 hubs? That seems really weird to me... back in the day, i always ran the losi hubs on my TC3, because i felt the AE ones blew

Losi hubs offer verticle ball... which to me is MUCH more desireable.

Please let me know how it works on asphalt.... i take it your running at socal? Just change that from what ever your usually happy with. Same shock oils and springs and such...

KB
The TC3 hub carriers have a mounting hole that is lower and more inside than the Losi hubs. Basically just another tuning option.. I run Losi hubs on every track but SoCal.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DennisNyholm
Must be me or the pics. With the foams on, I see it as the wheels are angles out at the top.

You using a fisheye lens on that camera??
haha.. perhaps because I took the photo so close.

My front wheels look like they have positive camber sometimes when it is on a car stand.... it freaks me out.. yet i put it on the board.. and it is always -1.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Keith, i used to do that same thing on my tc3...never got around to trying it on my jrxs yet, just might have to.

Any particular reason you didn't shave the arms and spin it around instead of drilling new holes?
Old 02-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

never really gave it any thought. Wouldnt that alter the wheelbase?

Also.. would the droop screw still work?

im not near my car at the moment.. perhaps it would work... actually, youd have to run the arm upside down...and youd loose the BK hole anyway...no?

I just used old style arms i had from the kit..

KB
Old 02-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not flip sorry, i mean put the left on the right side.....

Yea if you dont shave it would alter wheelbase signifigantly and would mess with the uptravel limiters, but im not a fan of drilling more holes in a part that likes to break normally. You way definetly seems to make more sense
Old 02-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Not flip sorry, i mean put the left on the right side.....

Yea if you dont shave it would alter wheelbase signifigantly and would mess with the uptravel limiters, but im not a fan of drilling more holes in a part that likes to break normally. You way definetly seems to make more sense

well, knock on wood.. i have yet to break a rear arm and of all of the spare arms I have had go through my hands, only 2 were on my car when they broke.. LOL.. most are friends who cannot get ahold of the BK arms.

If you drill it dead center, i dont think youll have any worries.

and ofcourse... just dont crash

KB
Old 02-15-2006, 04:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I finished doing this mod a little while ago, I changed a couple things up, and will try it at the track tomorrow, will give feedback and pics as soon as Im done testing it.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Are you using the Offset hub in the outer hinge pin location? If so that is incorrect.
that fixed it thanks
Old 02-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I wanted to ask you guys what 19 turn motor to run and a good rollout for it
Old 02-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Brant,

You can see for yourself at the Carpet Nationals...In 2 weeks (times 2).

Just volunteer to carry EA's luggage
Lots O posts today!!!!! Yippee!!!

Bill--The carpet Nats are too soon for the budget. I couldn't get any of my local guys excited about the Onraod Nats soooooo we are saving our money and making plans for Vegas. B-Main Motorsports will represent at the IIC !!!!

Any insider info will be sent to you guys on a "first pay-first know" basis !!!LMAO

Keith--After I read your" I will post after work" post, I though I would have to contact a ....uhem.....Buddy......in your area to pay you a visit!!! But , after you posted your mod I called him off....I mean ..uh....he was busy. LOL

That sounds cool and I will do it ASAP! I feel the same as you do on the wanting my front of the car to steer and pull the rear around. The roll center adjustments and camber mod on asphalt really made my car feel this way. I have not yet come close to the same feel on carpet. Will keep plugging away at it though. hehehe Now I know what you wanted the brackets for sneaky man!

Finally......I shudder to ask but will anyway.

Todd--Can you give us any idea on a release for the front motor car? I will even accept 2 WEEKS at this point! LMAO

Brant
Old 02-15-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brad996
I wanted to ask you guys what 19 turn motor to run and a good rollout for it
I run the EA Motorsports c2 based 19 turn and it rocks!!!! This winter we have not run 19 turn on the carpet so I would suggest you post this same question in the EA Motorsports forum. Eric himself has run a JRXS this winter on carpet so he should have a very good idea for the rollout. Good Luck!

Brant
Old 02-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Any insider info will be sent to you guys on a "first pay-first know" basis !!!LMAO

Todd--Can you give us any idea on a release for the front motor car? I will even accept 2 WEEKS at this point! LMAO
Is that your final question? And don't be sneaky by editing your post! You just asked about the front motor car, the one that's in your hands! Oh man, and to think I was gonna spill the beans!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Is that your final question? And don't be sneaky by editing your post! You just asked about the front motor car, the one that's in your hands! Oh man, and to think I was gonna spill the beans!
Crap!!!!! Yea I mean the rear motor car! Too much on the brain and too little sleep I guess. LOL Sorry

Brant
Corrections Dept.
B-Main Motorsports
Old 02-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

You E-Town boys are hard on a brutha!!!! Spill your guts Greg!!!! What do you know and when did you know it???? LMAO

Brant
Old 02-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Well here's a couple hints before I fall asleep .... I could show you a billion pictures of my car and you'd probably never figure out what's new on it. Furthermore, Hodge told me at Snowbirds as he handed me the ______ what was different about the _____. It wasn't until the following qualifier that I belived him. The car still rolled after impailing the "keywhole" section of track, so I was instantly impressed and drove ten times more confindently the rest of the week. </snooooooorrrrrrrrr>
Old 02-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Well here's a couple hints before I fall asleep .... I could show you a billion pictures of my car and you'd probably never figure out what's new on it. Furthermore, Hodge told me at Snowbirds as he handed me the ______ what was different about the _____. It wasn't until the following qualifier that I belived him. The car still rolled after impailing the "keywhole" section of track, so I was instantly impressed and drove ten times more confindently the rest of the week. </snooooooorrrrrrrrr>
Love to ya Greg!!!! Thanks buddy!!!! Sleep tight!!!!!!!

You Suck! J/K

P.S. Send the pics anyway and let me try to figure it out. Huh?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.