Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Starter box help! >

Starter box help!

Starter box help!

Old 05-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Starter box help!

Hi! I own a Associated starter box the one made for the NTC3, I used to own a Ntc3 but now I own a MTX-3. I'm having problem changing the rubber wheel to work on the MTX, The box seem possible to have the wheel direction to be changed, but after spending a hour to day trying to change it, the motor don't seem to fit. I really hope someone can help me out, does anyone know if the Ntc3 starter box wheel is able to change direction? Thank!
Old 05-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Don't turn the motor, just turn the car. I have a NTC3 and an MTX3 and I use the same box. It's much easier to just turn the car. Just my opinion.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, I have 2 of those box, 1 for my NTC3 of course, and the other one is for my Serpent 710 and 835, that is one GREAT starter box to use for all belt dirve...

Don't turn the car, TURN the motor.............follow the instruction, it is difficult for me to tell you online, you have to remove the plastic plate and actually you have to FLIP (relocate) the motor to the other side of the plastic panel in order for you to fit the motor and have the rubber wheel rotate to fit all belt drive car...

Try 1 more time....it is designed to work with all belt drive car...and it does work, just not like plug and play, you have to spend some time to move a little here and there...
Old 05-21-2004, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Thank the both of you very much! I was thinking about selling the box and get a new one. But I guess I should give it a try again. As long as it will work then I give it another try. I tried to start my mtx today by just turning the car it hard. Rookie Solara are you saying the motor have to face the side the plastic side, not the side were the two battery is? Anway thank very much!
Old 05-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Well, I have 2 of those box, 1 for my NTC3 of course, and the other one is for my Serpent 710 and 835, that is one GREAT starter box to use for all belt dirve...

Don't turn the car, TURN the motor.............follow the instruction, it is difficult for me to tell you online, you have to remove the plastic plate and actually you have to FLIP (relocate) the motor to the other side of the plastic panel in order for you to fit the motor and have the rubber wheel rotate to fit all belt drive car...

Try 1 more time....it is designed to work with all belt drive car...and it does work, just not like plug and play, you have to spend some time to move a little here and there...
Just curious but is there a reason why I shouldn't flip my ntc3 and use the same box as the mtx3? I use both cars pretty frequently. Should I just invest in a second box? I don't want to ruin anything and so far flipping the car seems to work OK.....?
Old 05-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

I once again tried to change the starter box wheel and I still have problem. I also followed the direction but still semem to have trouble. I just want to know if it possible to change the wheel to this direction on the box.(Please look at picture) Please someone help! It start get very frustrating, thank!
Attached Thumbnails Starter box help!-starter-box.jpg  

Last edited by Ducati998; 05-22-2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

yes its possible. im using that same associated box for my mtx3. and like u I used it for my ntc3 as well. all i did was to follow the directions in the starter box manual. remove the black plastic thats hanging out at the side of the box first so the motor will fit sideway (see pic).
Attached Thumbnails Starter box help!-1.jpg  

Last edited by penggoy; 05-22-2004 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by penggoy
yes its possible. im using that same associated box for my mtx3. and like u I used it for my ntc3 as well. all i did was to follow the directions in the starter box manual. remove the black plastic thats hanging out at the side of the box first so the motor will fit sideway (see pic).
Thank very much penggoy! I finally managed to turn the wheel, your picture helped alot. I was about to buy a new box. The car started so much easier after the wheel have been turned. Once again thank very much.