LRP nitro motors

Old 03-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by burito
@b4: good to hear our distributer offered quick service. seems like we're taking over australia...
simon nicholson, who recently joined us, was also extremely happy with the engines performance and reliabilty and did very well at the Sidney GP. Well, he won... .
burito, do you know if simon was running a modded LRP motor? his R40 was very very fast down the straight at the sydney GP, i thought up until he was running a JP motor or of the likes... wow that is amazing the power the LRP motor has!!
Old 03-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Tech Addict

The engine he had was my spare engine from the Worlds in Brasil, but actually this is pretty much what we sell also. Only difference is the crank!
The "sales version" has an EFRA legal crank while the version Simon got had an IFMAR legal crank with turbo scoops, but to be honest with you -> I don't think that makes a really noticeable difference...
Other then that, his engine didn't meet a Mr.Dremel...

Glad to hear the power was impressive!
Old 03-09-2005, 01:36 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Team-RTR
burito, do you know if simon was running a modded LRP motor? his R40 was very very fast down the straight at the sydney GP, i thought up until he was running a JP motor or of the likes... wow that is amazing the power the LRP motor has!!
I was at that meeting on the Sunday and i think the speed as far as i could see was that he had a good entry onto the straight maximising his terminal speed. Now he also had a good engine but you still need to drive the car to get the most from the power plant.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:42 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Originally posted by burito
The engine he had was my spare engine from the Worlds in Brasil, but actually this is pretty much what we sell also. Only difference is the crank!
The "sales version" has an EFRA legal crank while the version Simon got had an IFMAR legal crank with turbo scoops, but to be honest with you -> I don't think that makes a really noticeable difference...
Other then that, his engine didn't meet a Mr.Dremel...
Well i'm certainly glad to hear that the modification was only minor. Certainly a help in someone's hands though that can extract the potential.

Glad to hear the power was impressive!
Awsome power. I was going to get the new Mega, still based on the Picco but i'm glad i didn't. I want to see some more LRP's going around and the only way to do that is show there power and tractability.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

hey everyone.

just wondering if someone can post some pictures of the internals of one of the lrp z.12r team motors...?

i currently run a mega and am interested in trying out either the lrp or max power engine range...

anyone used both motors, who has an opinion on +/- of either?
Old 08-10-2005, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

i guess Max it is then...
Old 08-10-2005, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

there's a new engine coming from LRP within the next 4-6 weeks, which is the Z.12R Team Spec.2

All the latest mods, which were incorporated in handmodified engines only last year, are no built into the production engines.

Sorry don't have pics of the internals.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:56 AM
Tech Addict

Default max power or lrp

i have used several motors over the years and dynamite the max power really kicks a####e as you would know hehe.....
Old 08-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by burito
there's a new engine coming from LRP within the next 4-6 weeks, which is the Z.12R Team Spec.2

All the latest mods, which were incorporated in handmodified engines only last year, are no built into the production engines.

Sorry don't have pics of the internals.
Hi Reto,

is it already out here in Germany and will it have a different part number?

Thx,

Stefan
Old 08-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

@tg777: drop me an email, we can sort that out. no problem!
I have the same problem as Edward, shall I drop you a mail as well?
Old 08-21-2005, 05:35 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Anyone know of some online shops that sell the .12 Team, preferrably in HK. Unfortunatly I need a new one I should have changed the rod (had 16 litres through the motor) but today it went through the case. I would like to get the Spec 2 if it is available.

Simon
Old 08-22-2005, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What are the main differences between the previous version and the Spec2 version?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry for the delayed replies, I was away at the European Championships in Halifax and just returned this morning.

@stefan: you shouldn't have the same problems as Edward I guess...

@b4: is that you Simon N.?
16 litres definitely is a bit much for one rod. We recommend replacing them every 5-6 litres of fuel to be safe!
Our Spec2 version is delayed by some weeks, we expect bigger shipments to be made early september. All good shops should be able to supply them, if not they'll be for sure happy to order them from you...

@Sedanfahrer: the internals are entirely new, but main differences are new timings on both the crankshaft & the sleeve. Also the taper in the sleeve has been revised for a slightly tighter fit.
Powerwise the Spec2 is just better in every aspect, apart from fuel consumption of course...
Old 08-22-2005, 05:54 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Sorry for the delayed replies, I was away at the European Championships in Halifax and just returned this morning.

@stefan: you shouldn't have the same problems as Edward I guess...

@b4: is that you Simon N.?
Not it is not but we members of the same R/C club
16 litres definitely is a bit much for one rod. We recommend replacing them every 5-6 litres of fuel to be safe!
Yes I suppose I was pushing it to the limit. I'm a big fan of your engines, it gave excellent power right up to the point it blew.
Our Spec2 version is delayed by some weeks, we expect bigger shipments to be made early september. All good shops should be able to supply them, if not they'll be for sure happy to order them from you...
Have any Spec2 engines been shipped to Hobbies Australia your distributor here.

@Sedanfahrer: the internals are entirely new, but main differences are new timings on both the crankshaft & the sleeve. Also the taper in the sleeve has been revised for a slightly tighter fit.
Powerwise the Spec2 is just better in every aspect, apart from fuel consumption of course...
The power figure quoted I see for Spec1 is 1.52PS what is the Spec2 power figure.

You didn't answer one of my questions so i will pose it differently. Is it a marketing choice that LPR Nitros can not be found in online hobby shops.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

hi reto!

i'am using lrp engine z.12r team engine,my race is just around the corner can u guide me about pipe,ratio,centex adjustment and the pipe size.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.