Search

Losi sensored ESC system

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Losi sensored ESC system

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default...rodID=LOSB9555
The new Losi sensored system has officially been announced. I've been running one for over a month now and am really happy with it's performance. Everything is adjustable by either a setting card or via USB connector/PC interface.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

'sup Matt, this thing looks very much like a Novak. Do you have any idea if they make it for Losi? PC connectivity sure is a plus.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

as far as I know Novak does not make it for Losi, it does have the same "footprint" as the GTB though. The really nice thing is it's full adjustability via the PC connection, motor timing, drag brake, brake force, initial acceleration, throttle curves, 2.4ghz or legacy, etc. I was told there will be an aluminum plate to replace the heatsink released later for use in 4 cell applications. So there won't be a "4 cell version" and a "spektrum" version, this one can do it all.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is an independent venture for Losi and is not associated with Novak in any way.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Schreff and Fairtrace will be running these new systems at the C Squared this weekend. It will be nice to see how they compare to the Novak & SP systems.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rotor picture please.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Please say it doesn't use .net for the PC interface communication. Please?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

looks like a blue gtb. I'm all for it, if the pc interface and software is actually useful. I hope this isnt a buy the speed controller now, and we'll release the software to program it via your PC in around 7-8 months type of deal.

If pc programing is a selling point - show me some screenshots of the UI along with the photographs of the actual hardware.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nemix
looks like a blue gtb. I'll all for it, if the pc interface and software is actually useful. I hope this isnt a buy the speed controller now, and we'll release the software to program it via your PC in around 7-8 months type of deal.

If pc programing is a selling point - show me some screenshots of the UI along with the photographs of the actual hardware.
The software will be included with the esc, nothing to wait for
Old 03-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
The software will be included with the esc, nothing to wait for

great to hear! Someone show me some screenshots / features / settings available!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

-cutoff voltage for lipo is adjustable
-brake or reverse
-forward throttle limit
-reverse throttle limit
-motor timing
-initial acceleration
-braking percent
-drag brake percent
-2.4ghz or legacy operation
-neutral deadband
-reverse rotation
-full control of both throttle and brake curves
Old 03-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nemix
great to hear! Someone show me some screenshots / features / settings available!
Here's a screenshot of the software. All the settings are blank because a speed control is not connected. It reads parameters from the speed controls firmware to allow setting changes. This at least gives you an idea of what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails Losi sensored ESC system-xcelorin.jpg   Losi sensored ESC system-throttle.jpg   Losi sensored ESC system-brake.jpg  
Old 03-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Very nicely done by Losi. I just ordered one, but won't be here until mid-April according to Horizon.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just wanted to give you guys a little update...

Larry and I ran the sensored ESC and 13.5 motor this past weekend at the Coliseum race in Maryland. I was able to TQ 13.5 and Larry was also fast qualifying 4th with a couple bobbles during the heats. In the main, we both made dumb mistakes that took us out of contention for a win.

The software for the speed control works flawlessly and we made changes all day to timing and braking. Everything was quick and easy and most of all... you could FEEL the changes you made. Even the small ones.

Larry and I still have more things to figure out with Brushless since it was our first time using the new stuff. It will only get better.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Interested in the programming card, what adjustments are available, how does it work, can we see some closeups?
I'm really enjoying the reduction in stuff required with lipo and brushless, and concerned about taking a nice laptop to a dusty offroad environment. On the other hand, I hate the blinkity lights method. The card seems to be akin to the Speed Passion GT solution of a small programming box. That works great, easy to use and store.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.