Search

Project Team Kassanova K2 buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Project Team Kassanova K2 buggy

Team Kassanova K2 Buggy

Since of a good friend (ZeroHax369) I have been able to start acouple more projects. The first project is a B4 inspired 2wd buggy.There has been the x-6 and many other people have converted the B4 into a mid motor buggy but I want to do something alittle different. So Its going to use b4 suspension. But it will have tc3 style mid motor , with a tc3 differential, and laydown shocks in the front and rear. This buggy will be like no other buggy you have ever seen. The following parts will be custom cut either on a cnc or by hand.

-Lower Chassis

-Top Deck

-Rocker mounts

-Motor mount

-Chamber mounts

-Rear chassis plate

-Front Chassis plate

When designing this buggy I decided to go with the Tc3 type mounted motor because if I where to just flip the b4 tranny I wouldn't be doing anything different and I would have would have had to use either a 4x2 battery set up ,which I don't want to use becuase I can't use lipo in it. Or I would have had to go with a saddle formation but I wouldn't have been able to get the batteries very far back on the chassis. Also the B4 trans would have made it very hard to incorparate a laydown shock set-up. I decided to go with the laydown shocks becuase they lower the CG,make the suspension progressive,and in my opinion is more durable becuase you don't have to worry about shock towers or bending shock shafts. I also love doing things thats are innovative and different , that are a challenge. Here are a few pics dimenstrating the layout.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

torque steer comes to mind, but since it isnt 4wd the less rotating mass may reduce that....but the lighter weight then also nags in relation said torque steer. Looking forward to see how it turns out!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

I did alittle bit of research on torque steer and it only applies to front wheeldrive cars. I would be guessing this also includes 4 wheel drive cars. If anybody knows any better please let me know.... otherwise I will dismiss this concern
Old 03-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Very nice !

I wouldn't worry about torque steer. It is only (slightly) revelant with tiny, light TC tires, and most drivers incl. me won't notice it anyway.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eds24
I did alittle bit of research on torque steer and it only applies to front wheeldrive cars. I would be guessing this also includes 4 wheel drive cars. If anybody knows any better please let me know.... otherwise I will dismiss this concern
Thats only because the term refers to fwd, the effect is the same, one wheel getting more torque than the other in a non locked diff is still going to be an issue. Just FYI that roar rules state 2wd buggy's must have at least a 3 gear tranny.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Gayoska: Thanks I will keep that in mind

Mikexray: From what I have read The term torque steer only applies to front and 4wd cars. If there is an effect that will cause a rear wheel drive to wander I'm thinking it might have a different term.

I also looked through the ROAR rulebook and the only limitations on the trans in a 2wd is that it is one speed. It didn't say anything about haveing to have 3 gears.

I don't mean to sound rude about this just its what I have researched.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eds24
Gayoska: Thanks I will keep that in mind

Mikexray: From what I have read The term torque steer only applies to front and 4wd cars. If there is an effect that will cause a rear wheel drive to wander I'm thinking it might have a different term.

I also looked through the ROAR rulebook and the only limitations on the trans in a 2wd is that it is one speed. It didn't say anything about haveing to have 3 gears.

I don't mean to sound rude about this just its what I have researched.
what i think he meant was a Idler gear, Top Shaft, and then the Diff (3-gear). Maybe you understood that and didnt find it and was simply stating all you found was something referring to single-speed only, but alot of people tend to confuse "3-gear" with "3-speed" and it isnt the same thing. Just pointing that out!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Maybe not torque steer but your still dealing with rotational forces from the motor itself. The way you have in configured, the forces would be going off to the side of the chassis. I would think idealy that you would what the rotational forces to go toward the rear of the car to aid in traction like in current production 2wd buggys. BTW, the current X-6 kits includes a new four gear tranny case to flip the motor in the correct postion in order to send motor rotational forces rearward instead of foward.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Syber: Yea. I understand what he is saying about it having to have 3 gears. There just wasn't anything in the roar rulebook that said it had to had three.

Lowrance: Good point. hmmm thats something to think about.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

It doesn't seem to be in the current rulebook that's online, maybe they got rid of the specification, I know others were going to try a single gear setup, but thought it turned out to be illegal.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

if it is its a 3 gear min, because the xfactory buggy has a 4-gear tranny.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

In relation to the transmisions in electric off road it is written to read
"8.10.1.4 Transmission: Single speed transmissions only" It does not say anything about how many gears it must or must not have.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sounds like a winner!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

good luck with the car, but unfortunatley the car wont perform very well with a motor in that positon.

will be lucky if you get any forward trackion at all with out is spinning out on acceleration.

Josh
Old 03-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

I know another guy that has tried this set-up and he doesn't seem to have too bad of a problem with it. To help it though I am going to put the motor on the other side so that it is rotating towards the middle of the chassis. We will just have too see.It never hurts to experiment and try something new/different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.