Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!! >

MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!

MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!

Old 12-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!

I traded my XXX-T MF1 roller + parts for his supposedly brand new Duratrax Vendetta. In his ad he was advertising a "brand new vendetta." I asked him about the condition of the car over PM and he said he never ran it and that it was "brand new." Now fast forward a couple of days later and this is what I got. Granted that the car is still in great condition. But it is way far from "brand new."

Problems I see:
1) Rear hinge pins bent
2) Rear hinge pin cover bent
3) The "brand new duratrax 1200 nim. battery pack" registering less than 4 volts when I plugged it into my ICE charger. Shrink wrap messed up, etc. Daryl later admitted it's not brand new and that he used it a few times.
4) Scracthes and gashes all over the underside, bumper, wing, shock towers (probably from flipping over) and the supposedly "new duratrax blue alum. rear hub's."
5) Mud caked onto various parts on the car. This is the ultimate proof that the car has indeed been used and not "brand new" like madman23 said in his ad.
6) Radio system not working (extreme glitching)
7) VR 3 motor cuts off at full throttle, presumably toast

I am not an unreasonable person but at the same time, I would greatly appreciate a bit of honesty. If madman23 had only listed in his ad that the vendetta is "lightly used" then I would not make a big deal at all. But of course, Daryl had to list it as "brand new."

Having said that, I am willing to overlook a few of the things I mentioned above but I should at least be reimbursed for the broken parts. Of course, the whole time we were talking through email, Daryl just denied everything, saying that the car is brand new, never used. I sent him these pics below and still he thinks that he sold me a "brand new" car.

Daryl, how old are you? By the way you try to avoid any type of responsibility, you're acting like an 8 year old boy.
Attached Thumbnails MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!-vendetta-ad.jpg   MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!-dsc02905.jpg   MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!-dsc02913.jpg   MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!-dsc02906.jpg   MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!-dsc02912.jpg  

Last edited by paulsrc; 01-04-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Also, the servo was hot glued to the chassis and he dared tell me that this is how it came stock. Also, I checked the VR3 motor and the comm is in pretty bad shape and apparently, Daryl thinks it's "almost new."

Like I said before, this wouldn't have been a big deal had Daryl (madman23) been more honest in his ad description...

All you other guys can decide if these items are "brand new" or not...
Attached Thumbnails MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!-dsc02908.jpg   MADMAN23 (DARYL SHARLOW) = DISHONEST SELLER!!!-dsc02915.jpg  

Last edited by paulsrc; 12-30-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Paul im agree with you that car has been used because of everything you showed in pics. And from what i know no car comes with the servo hot glued to the chassis
Old 12-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
From what i know no car comes with the servo hot glued to the chassis
Interesting
Old 12-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

WOW,Cant belive MadMad would do these .
Old 12-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xsxracing
WOW,Cant belive MadMad would do these .
Believe it or not, he did. Oh, and I found out that one of the cells in the battery pack is bad. The pack registered 3.9 volts when I hooked it up to the ICE charger. When I charged it up, one of the cells basically started sizzling, emitting smoke and a some kind of fluid (battery acid?) leaked out. Good job, Daryl, I could've burned my house down.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

this is madman curtis... if you seen my brother xxx t that he got from him .. you would be scared ... and had every 1 beliveing that it was a mf2... when he put the ad on here this site was not runing right .. when he put new .. what did't go on there was almost new... and when he ask where the extra part's .. he said that they were not included.. as must of you know i don't get rid of junk... i have feedback to back it up... and i will warn all my friend's about him... and the reason he put hot glue on the servo .. is because to hold down the servo as any vendetta own know that the 2 way tape come off.... my brother has 1 more detta and so do i...
Old 12-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

I admitted that I mistook my MF1 truck as an MF2. I bought it from a friend last year and never really paid that much attention. I told you all this information from day one. You knew you were trading for an MF1. I also told you the truck was used for one year and to expect wear from being raced on dirt. You fully consented to the trade. I didn't hold you at gun point. I was honest with you from day one. I even threw in $50 worth of extra parts into the deal.

You, on the other hand, lied about the buggy being "brand new." I can tell that your buggy has been ran at least a half dozen times just from looking at the damage and dirt on the chassis.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

here 1 of the pic i still have... dose that look junk to you..
Old 12-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

also you said that you bought it new... .......... and as far as extra.. what 3 spur gear.. and other part i need on the truck to be fixed..
Old 12-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

and you probley cook the battery pack.. as you should charge them at 1.5 amb...
Old 12-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

You just don't seem to get my point. So here it is plain and simple: YOU LIED. In your ad, you said that all the stuff you were trading with is brand new. Guess what??? THEY'RE NOT! So stop this "oh you gave me a used truck too" crap because that's just BS. You knew you were getting a used truck. That was the trade agreement!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MADMAN23
and you probley cook the battery pack.. as you should charge them at 1.5 amb...
I charged it at 1.0amp. Care to explain why the voltage was at 3.9V?
Old 12-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

yea but i did't know that it would need some many part's .. and as i said before the site was not acting right when he put it on here... and the xxx t is not even a mf1 it has many xxx t part's on it... so stop acting like a kid and move on...
Old 12-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MADMAN23
yea but i did't know that it would need some many part's .. and as i said before the site was not acting right when he put it on here... and the xxx t is not even a mf1 it has many xxx t part's on it... so stop acting like a kid and move on...
The XXX-T is an MF1. The only parts that are not graphite are the hub carriers and spindles. Everything else (ie. tranny, chassis, arms, shock towers, etc.) is straight MF1! STOP LYING!!! Seriously, you are such an habitual liar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.