Wiki Posts
Search

Business Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Business Discussions

This response is being placed in our company thread to avoid any more hijacking of the Jaco forum. I would like to keep this thread on topic when it comes to questions or concerns about our business.

Nick

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
I can say positively one of our local club racers has bought many Jaco tires from you Nick because of the price you are offering. That has taken money directly out of the track's pockets, a track that is barely keeping afloat as it is.

I was hoping the racer would realize that if he didn't buy them local he wouldn't have a track to run these tires on period, guess that's a hard concept to grasp. There have been 4 tracks close in this area in the past 2 years, now there is only ONE on-road track left.

The bottom line is you are promoting the product, more people are running Jaco tires, and your name is getting out there, but at what cost to the local tracks? In the end the local tracks are what keep this hobby going, not online retailers selling tires for $2 over cost.
Hi Anthony,

The driver in question must be from another state or I simply made a mistake when looking over our invoices.

While I can appreciate everyone's concerns here I am still stuck in a very defensive position when it comes to this issue.

I have been a businessman for many years and have compassion for others in every industry I have been involved in, RC is no different. I do understand that track owners face an uphill battle when it comes to being profitable, it's honestly always been a problem. At this point it doesn't seem as though anyone has been able to find the right solution and this struggle continues, for that I am truly sorry.

One thing I would like to bring to light here is that while most "Mail Order" businesses have low cost structures allowing them to gouge traditional brick and mortar businesses Team Kwik is NOT one of them. We have offices here locally which cost money every single month, granted not to the same magnitude as a track but we still have a sizable expense. As a manufacturer and retailer our additional costs come in the form of a racing team. Currently our company travels to nearly all electric on-road racing events in the United States and supports a team of nearly 20 drivers. Though I won't go in to specifics I will say that the money we spent on the Vegas race alone would be enough to cover most track's rent, electric and gas bills for several month's time. This is something we do 5-7 times a year as a company.

In conclusion I guess my only point here was that business isn't easy, we made a choice to promote the Jaco products as a way to bring more customers through the door. This is something ANY hobby store in America can feel free to do with just about any product you can imagine. We made a choice to sacrifice profit for long term growth and I don't feel it was mistake.

Take care,
Nick
Old 11-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i sent you pm regarding the above subject and pricing.

i race at the track anythony is speaking of, i'm don't think i have bought from you but i have from others online.

for me, its not about supporting or not supporting the local track, its about being able to afford to race. if the track closes cause i/we buy tires from someone else, there are bigger issues.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Legend

Kwik ,

"profit" is your only reason for being in business....

Local tracks have the sport in mind....

If I saw your company promoting local club racing you would be part of the solution instead of the being one of the problem`s...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 11-18-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

in my opinion george, he is promoting the local race track, without his and the others prices i couldn't afford to race foam tires and thus grow the mod class that you have been begging for for god knows how long. i've told this to SIR and i will tell everyone that cares to read this.

when i race rubber tires i buy one set a month, the track makes maybe 10 bucks.

when i race foam tires i buy them here and buy a months worth and save 100 bucks. the track didn't lose the 100 on the foam, they only lost the 10 on rubber, if not for internet prices i wouldn't be buying foams from anyone including the track. and the 100 bucks i saved on tires allows me to race as much as i can.

disclaimer; the 100 bucks is only used as a reference number as was the 10.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Legend

Default A hard lesson to learn

Originally Posted by skypilot
in my opinion george, he is promoting the local race track, without his and the others prices i couldn't afford to race foam tires and thus grow the mod class that you have been begging for for god knows how long. i've told this to SIR and i will tell everyone that cares to read this.

when i race rubber tires i buy one set a month, the track makes maybe 10 bucks.

when i race foam tires i buy them here and buy a months worth and save 100 bucks. the track didn't lose the 100 on the foam, they only lost the 10 on rubber, if not for internet prices i wouldn't be buying foams from anyone including the track. and the 100 bucks i saved on tires allows me to race as much as i can.

disclaimer; the 100 bucks is only used as a reference number as was the 10.

Can`t understand how saving money on tires helps your beloved SiR ....

You think they make profit from the race entries ?

You know it only help`s cover the rent, and the sales of the other products such as tires are the profits the track receives .....

Maybe if you offered to buy a $100 worth of tires you could receive a discount and still support your race facility ?

Personally I can`t understand how you can race this way...
I tried the sponsorship thing remember ?

I felt really bad when I went into the shop to solder my brand new battery`s in Ft of the owner ...

Only then did I realize what was more important.....
Old 11-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

your not looking at the BIG picture, if i save money on tires, i have extra money to spend on other stuff. SIR ends up with the money i saved anyway. if i had to spend that money on foams then i couldn't race foams and have extra money to put into the track. i think we can beat this subject till theres nothing left and theres really no point arguing with you or anyone else, its my money, i'll spend it where and how i want. if the track closes because of it, it like i said in my first post, the track has bigger issues.

at your track, TRCR, you decided to be a major pain in my butt, so i stopped going, thats about 4 grand a year that scotty isn't getting from me. is that how you show your support for your local track.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by skypilot
your not looking at the BIG picture, if i save money on tires, i have extra money to spend on other stuff. SIR ends up with the money i saved anyway. if i had to spend that money on foams then i couldn't race foams and have extra money to put into the track. i think we can beat this subject till theres nothing left and theres really no point arguing with you or anyone else, its my money, i'll spend it where and how i want. if the track closes because of it, it like i said in my first post, the track has bigger issues.

at your track, TRCR, you decided to be a major pain in my butt, so i stopped going, thats about 4 grand a year that scotty isn't getting from me. is that how you show your support for your local track.
Don`t worry !
I now spend 4 grand extra just cus .....

What can I say ?

You obviously don`t understand race entry`s do not even come close to keeping the doors open ...

I could buy else where and save plenty like you rationalize, but my heart can`t be fooled so easily....
Old 11-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

i made the important part bigger

now you guys see why i quit racing off road. you should try this in person. this is my last on this thread and this subject. thanks for the space nick.

Last edited by skypilot; 11-19-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Kwik ,

"profit" is your only reason for being in business....

Local tracks have the sport in mind....

If I saw your company promoting local club racing you would be part of the solution instead of the being one of the problem`s...
Well, there was an awful lot to read here and it appears as though the two of you have something a bit more personal going on. I will stay out of that discussion but I wanted to address this statement.

You are 100% correct sir, we started this business to MAKE MONEY. If you start a business for any other reason you are going to fail and fail horribly. If you want to create a non-profit R/C organization to help the hobby and support local tracks I will be more than happy to donate whatever I can to help your cause.

If you lived in the Northeast US you would see our guys supporting tracks like NO OTHER TEAM IN THE REGION SIR. I have a large crew of dedicated guys that I help enable, these guys are traveling all over the Northeast and racing 3-4 TIMES A WEEK! We support local events with door prizes when we can and make a point to have Shawn and/or myself at the track as much as possible to help guys out. Our company has donated thousands of dollars in event sponsorship money and I couldn't even begin to count the hours Shawn and myself have put in to helping new guys get on the track AND help the local tracks out any way we can. I have called races at our local club, placed vendor orders for the hobby store with other companies and even watched Shawn build kits for a track owner's customer.

I couldn't be more offended by your statement sir.

Nick
Old 11-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Don`t worry !
I now spend 4 grand extra just cus .....

What can I say ?

You obviously don`t understand race entry`s do not even come close to keeping the doors open ...

I could buy else where and save plenty like you rationalize, but my heart can`t be fooled so easily....
Sorry to burst your ballon knot Wild Cherry,
This is why you run brushless and lipo so you dont need to support sales of batterys and motors.Figure bitching about tires makes you a good guy again
we to are not easily fooled
Old 11-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

this kids about to get hurt.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Team Kwik
Well, there was an awful lot to read here and it appears as though the two of you have something a bit more personal going on. I will stay out of that discussion but I wanted to address this statement.

You are 100% correct sir, we started this business to MAKE MONEY. If you start a business for any other reason you are going to fail and fail horribly. If you want to create a non-profit R/C organization to help the hobby and support local tracks I will be more than happy to donate whatever I can to help your cause.

If you lived in the Northeast US you would see our guys supporting tracks like NO OTHER TEAM IN THE REGION SIR. I have a large crew of dedicated guys that I help enable, these guys are traveling all over the Northeast and racing 3-4 TIMES A WEEK! We support local events with door prizes when we can and make a point to have Shawn and/or myself at the track as much as possible to help guys out. Our company has donated thousands of dollars in event sponsorship money and I couldn't even begin to count the hours Shawn and myself have put in to helping new guys get on the track AND help the local tracks out any way we can. I have called races at our local club, placed vendor orders for the hobby store with other companies and even watched Shawn build kits for a track owner's customer.

I couldn't be more offended by your statement sir.

Nick

Heard your argument before , it does not fool me ....
Old 11-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Cherry, you are making a big passionate speach about supporting local hobby shops and trying to use a discounted price from a company as the prime example for tracks not making more money.

We all thrive from passion about our hobby, so I'm going to try to be polite. The most destructive thing we can do is add too much negativity. This above all other factors: bushless vs. brushed, lipo, rubber/foam, costs, etc.. will determine how successful our hobby is going to be. I'm no saint, and I've thrown my tantrums, but seriously, you are approaching this from far too negative a standpoint to have any points seriously considered.

And though I'm going to be bias here, I can tell you from experience that Team Kwik does more than any other company in terms of supporting local tracks. I've seen them cough up brushes for other motor companies just so their drivers can compete. Nick rebuilt my 1/12 for me so I'd keep driving (and let me tell you, I gave him a real pile of s**t to start with). And Shawn and Nick both rebuilt me from a back yard basher to running stock, 19t and 1/12 within a lap (or 2) of national champions (at least on a club level).

You feel so passionate about your local track? Then spend more time there CONSTRUCTIVELY spending your energy for the betterment of your enviornment and fellow hobby enthusiasts.

try to have some fun too, it's what this is supposed to be for anyways.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Tech Legend

Default Positive

Bear if I could help my local track by buying tires from mail order , I would ....

This is why I suggested to Kwik maybe if he did more than just sponsoring the local driver`s...
Perhaps giving tires as a award in local race facilities would be most help full in promotion of this sport and company`s like Kwik ?

I can`t stop or tell you where to buy ...
That's a personal decision ...

But there could be big advantages to promoting local racing with just a change of ways ....

I`m being positive here , believe me ....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 11-21-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

how it helps the local track is that it allows the racer, on a budget, to actually be able afford to race and buy other things at the track.

what is the purpose of giving door prizes at big events or club races. it only takes money out of that tracks pockets. oh thats right, by having door prizes more people might sign up and pay entry fees and support the track.

like i said this discussion can go round and round with no end in sight.

the most important part of all this is, scotty the owner of TRCR, and doug the owner of SIR, have never, never ever, said anything to me about my spending habits, or what class i should and shouldn't race, but for some reason its always the ones that what to promote the track that end up doing the most harm to the track with trying to change me and other racer and we simply get tired of it and stop coming. its happened with me and others at trcr and its happened at SIR. recently a racer posted that he was quitting RC . neither track owner or any of the racers posted anything or asked if there was anything they could do to help that racer stay in the hobby/sport. I talked to this racer and am trying to convince him to not sell everything and just take a short break and try it again. thats ANOTHER way i am supporting the tracks.

ok now this is my last post on the subject and i mean it time, (well maybe)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.