Wiki Posts
Search

loopedout

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)
Default loopedout

Figured I needed to post something after the most recent pm I received from loopedout.

Originally Posted by loopedout
ribbed on the 6.5 and smooth on the 5800 the two
Got the motor October 18th, Can was not the Ribbed Can.
Just an asthic difference, that is a velocity 6.5 with all up to date internals that has maybe 40 minutes of use on it.
Updated internals include the sintered rotor, not the BONDED that came with the motor.
No, it had a sintered rotor, Ive never opened the motor, thats how it came from Novak, I looked on thier website and quote "Each Velociti brushless motor and GTB/Velociti brushless system has been equipped with Novak's ROAR-approved Nickel-plated Sintered Neodymium rotor."
Said he never opened it, but Bonded rotor is black in color, Sintered is Silver (metalic). Clearly a Black rotor in there, which I tried to take out for pictures, but it isn’t easily removed.
Sounds like youre trying to pull a fast one on me.
The response I got when I asked for a refund on the motor.
You were sent a novak 6.5 velocity motor part number 3406. Sorry youre not going to play rotor swap with me and get even more money back.
Yes I agree I got motor part 3406, but not the updated motor that novak lists that he tried to quote information from, even after telling me it was the ribbed can.

I have attached some pictures to show that it isn't the ribbed can he said it was, also tried to take a picture of the rotor, but as I posted above I could not remove it from the can for some reason (I know its possible because I do it in my 7.5 all the time for cleaning) when I tried to take a picture inside to show its the black bonded rotor, all the metal reflected the flash in an upclose, and because its not my camera, I don't know how to turn it off, I did my best.
Attached Thumbnails loopedout-sany0002.jpg   loopedout-sany0006.jpg   loopedout-sany0001.jpg  
Old 10-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Bump, Paid for RIBBED got OUTDATED CAN. Atleast some reimbursement for that.

And was even told it had UPDATED internals, and it doesn't have the sintered rotor. which is a $30 update in itself.

seller has not got back to me in 2 days. think im getting rooked.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default F'N SCAMMER!

I will remove comments and take the high road as it cannot be resolved.

Last edited by johnnyboy; 11-06-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

you are confused, you are talking about a TC, I sold you a sphere 07 comp esc with a free motor.
Attached Thumbnails loopedout-lrp80700.jpg  
Old 11-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Heres what the LRP website says.

"This is an LRP ASCLRP80700 2007 Edition Sphere COMPETITION combination Brushed & Brushless Electronic Speed Controller. The 2007 edition features upgraded hardware and software. This ESC gives you the best of both worlds. It offers forward/Brake for both Brushed and Brushless motors - letting you run your current motors while giving you the choice of switching to brushless at any time without buying a new speed controller. It can handle 5+ turn brushed motors and 3.5 turn Brushless motors. It accepts power from 4-7 cells, has a rated current of 400A, 5.5V BEC, six selectable power profiles, Autocell system to detect Li-Po/NiMH batteries, 4 adjustable modes (NiMH/LiPo ADPC, Power Profiles, Initial Brake,Automatic Brake), and more!"
Old 11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Mr johnnyboy has made an error in his judgement. I will forgive him and he even left me negative feedback.

First guy for whats it worth is full of crap, that 6.5 was the velocity sintered rotor deal, he was trying to pull something on me and I called his bluff.

Johnnyboy on the other hand has just been misinformed about various things to do with LRP esc's. I only go by what the manufacturor states about their products on their own websites.

Please refer to this thread for a real education from actual 7 Sphere owners.
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189473
Old 11-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First guy for whats it worth is full of crap, that 6.5 was the velocity sintered rotor deal, he was trying to pull something on me and I called his bluff.
You could not be more incorrect. I saw the motor with my own eyes, and i saw your advertisement with my own eyes, and the two did not match up. IT WAS a bonded rotor and IT WAS a non ribbed can.

I really hope you have the inabillity to sleep at night over the fact you not only scammed people out of hard earned money with your flagrant mis-information, but then have the balls to come on here and say they are full of crap.

You want to put your money where your mouth is, buy a plane ticket and fly to rochester, i would love to see you try to convince jake and myself in person that there is a sintered rotor in that motor.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

the velocity motors have a big bearing endbell that the black rotor is too small for, you and your friend are full of crap, you guys are the scammers.

I looked into what I told johnnyboy and I never said the 5800 had a sintered rotor, it has an upgraded rotor, the grey one that you have to use with the big bearing endbell, you guys are the lowest form of scum on earth for buying things and either switching something or whatever, just pathetic, I really hope all of you rot in hell for this bs, its just ridiculous. I think getting out of RC is the best thing ive ever done in my life, seems theres just too many low lifes out there spoiling the scene for everyone. I makes no sense to me, im selling off my premium products at 1/2 of what they cost, im doing you guys a favor and you turn around and try to screw me. Truly upsetting, you guys need to grow up, get an education, a real job and buy new products instead of trying cheap your way out of things and try to screw people on the internet to get ahead. You guys are the type that have more in your RC cars than you do in your house, prob give your kids crap presents so you can get the latest rc item that you think is going to improve your driving skills that you never had. Get a life.

Think about it, pm some of the people I race with here in Oklahoma City. Why the hell would I even attempt to screw someone for what a few bucks when I could write a check and buy my LHS if I wanted to. Theres no motive morons, get a clue.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

the velocity motors have a big bearing endbell that the black rotor is too small for, you and your friend are full of crap, you guys are the scammers.
its ok you are outta your mind, i ordered a brand new one from tower because you screwed me over, so i sold the 6.5 on ebay and got $70 for it, so atleast i made money off of you being a looser.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Might want to learn how to spell loser first.. Thief
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

fwiw, Looped, the earlier 6.5R Velociti motors DID come with a bonded rotor. As did the 5.5's and, I'm pretty sure, the 4.5's. IIR the first motor that came "standard" with the sintered rotor was the 3.5. Subsequently they ALL come with the sintered rotors now and that's what the Novak site you've quoted discusses.

I think you're WAY off-base calling the fellow who bought your motor a scammer or otherwise implying he's dishonest. If you didn't open the motor yourself I'm pretty sure it had the bonded rotor from the factory. It's a matter of YOU weren't dishonest--you were going by what Novaks site says about the CURRENT motor. Your buyers aren't being dishonest either as I'd have been surprised with that smooth can if it had anything OTHER than a sintered rotor in it if you hadn't upgraded it yourself to sintered.

Also, that very definitely isn't a ribbed can. The honorable thing to do would have been to at least offer to buy the motor back as it appears YOU were mis-informed re: the motor you had.

The other fellow with the esc, that seems like he mis-understood what it was he was buying. Not your fault.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

well I sent both the motors to Novak at the beginning of the year after having some problems with Novak and in emails with Bob, he said they both got the latest rotors or internals available, the 5800 I never said had a sintered rotor, It had the 5070? or whatever was needed to go with the larger bearing endbell.
The 6.5 has a solid metal rotor in it, whether it was sintered or not I have no clue. The ribbed can deal, my bad, the rotor deal, the 6.5 had what I believe was a sintered rotor, not a bonded, the only bonded rotors ive seen are grey and black. Ill work with people but if someone comes right out of the box and curses me out to hell with them, I dont have time to argue with people like that or help them out. I've emailed burito and asked him about the 07 sphere, I know its an 07 but hey ill reach out and see whats up, theres always a possiblity that LRP maybe did something different on the first batch of the 07's, which is what mine was, so we will see what he says. If it turns out that that it doesnt have the right firmware then im sure LRP will rectify the situation.

Really funny thing is, if Johnnyboy hadnt straight up attacked me in pms right off the bat I would have bought that esc back, kinda been wishing I hadnt sold it so I could run indoors this winter but oh well...
Old 11-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

w/e you can say it had the sintered rotor, but i know differently, and no im not trying to pull as fast one on you, im just upset i didn't get what you told me i was getting, like i said above, im ok with it because i sold it on ebay for a $20 profit, just wont be dealing with you again based on the fact you said it was the ribbed can, and it clearly wasn't, that alone should be enough to warent a refund, but then you go off on a tangent about the rotor, which also isn't what you said it was....just move on, and don't screw anyone over like you did me.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

There is NO misunderstanding in what I was buying. He said it was a LRP Sphere Comp '07 Spec and it is IN FACT a Sphere Comp '06 spec.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ht=sphere+comp
Old 11-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

you received an 07 Sphere, and thats that, you are confused,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.