Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"

It's new one for 1/8 scale on road car kit,and all made in Taiwan,now the company will be find out distributor in US and CANADIAN area,the offical website is:www.edam.com.tw
Attached Thumbnails EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4811.jpg   EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4814.jpg   EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4816.jpg   EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4818.jpg   EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4819.jpg  

Old 07-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by max_chen
It's new one for 1/8 scale on road car kit,and all made in Taiwan,now the company will be find out distributor in US and CANADIAN area,the offical website is:www.edam.com.tw
It's not a new car, it's the XR8 from Yusa. Maybe they have sold the design to another new company.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

not based on those presentation pictures.....
Old 07-22-2007, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joehwee
It's not a new car, it's the XR8 from Yusa. Maybe they have sold the design to another new company.
I'm Max,partner and creater with YUSA model before,now I'm working in EDAM company,actually the RAZOR pro car kit is all new mold not YUSA,it's more quality,precision dimension and hard plastic to make,the performance is take over than XR-8,long time ago,the XR-8 phototype was tested by myself.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fastharry
not based on those presentation pictures.....
of course,all mold were new and logo on plastic.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default more pictures

more pictures
Attached Thumbnails EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4822.jpg   EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4821.jpg   EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4820.jpg  
Old 07-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Could you explain to us what changes you've made to the car other than putting a logo on some of the molds for your plastics ? I would hope to see performance changes other than cosmatic changes . Also, it looks like this car in the photo has been run. I think it would be a good idea if some video footage were taken for us. To me, it's still a XR8, XR80, pro, RTR, etc... ( even with the changes ). Who's gonna be the US distributor ? HappyTime Hobby ( Power Racing Products ) again ? Will the new parts fit on the XR8, XR80 RTR ? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joehwee
Max use to work for Yusa. I believe he's the main designer for this car ( XR8 / XR80 ) and other yusa cars. Most of the cars he designed I believe can be seen on power racing's website. I believe the only car that power racing had that wasn't designed by yusa was the 1/8th scale buggy swift; which was designed and manufactured from Nanda.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

the XR-8 phototype was tested by myself.
And mainly tested by four U.S. drivers here in California. These guys raced club races, some nationals, and 3 of them were sent to Messina Italy for the 1/8th scale worlds by Power Racing. Most of the R & D were being done by these top California drivers.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default !/8 ON-ROAD KIT

[QUOTE=max_chen;3509744]I'm Max,partner and creater with YUSA model before,now I'm working in EDAM company,actually the RAZOR pro car kit is all new mold not YUSA,it's more quality,precision dimension and hard plastic to make,the performance is take over than XR-8,long time ago,the XR-8 phototype was tested by myself.[/QUOTE

Can you please explain the changes from the XR-8 to this kit.
I have the XR-8 now, with a huge amount of back-up parts for it.
Will the new parts interchange with the XR-8.

thank you
Old 07-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=brc358;3510665]
I'm Max,partner and creater with YUSA model before,now I'm working in EDAM company,actually the RAZOR pro car kit is all new mold not YUSA,it's more quality,precision dimension and hard plastic to make,the performance is take over than XR-8,long time ago,the XR-8 phototype was tested by myself.[/QUOTE

Can you please explain the changes from the XR-8 to this kit.
I have the XR-8 now, with a huge amount of back-up parts for it.
Will the new parts interchange with the XR-8.

thank you
thanks for your reply.
also it seem XR-8,but I hope everybody could be call "RAZOR" please,because EDAM company isn't YUSA model,YUSA model was bankruptcy,they was difference company,some parts of car kit were improvement more as like before post,it's more precision parts to parts,after few days,I will show you new pro chassis for RAZOR,below pictures were phototype front and rear axle,more light than original front axle 10.68g to 8.12g,original rear axle 20.57g to 14.32g.
Attached Thumbnails EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4901.jpg   EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4903.jpg   EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4904.jpg   EDAM CO.,new 1/8 scale on-road car pro kit "RAZOR"-cimg4905.jpg  
Old 07-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I am interested in some of the individual parts displayed on the car e.g. rear body mount, clutch side chassis brace.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

....more light than original front axle 10.68g to 8.12g,original rear axle 20.57g to 14.32g.
that is for one front/rear wheelaxle?

I'm curious if you rear wheel axle will stay in one piece, with the power of an 35+ and an italian clutch set-up I put a hugh stress on my driveline...

And who will be distributing this brand here in Europe?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wanabrc
I am interested in some of the individual parts displayed on the car e.g. rear body mount, clutch side chassis brace.
I will show you special pro chassis as soon.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by team novarossi
that is for one front/rear wheelaxle?

I'm curious if you rear wheel axle will stay in one piece, with the power of an 35+ and an italian clutch set-up I put a hugh stress on my driveline...

And who will be distributing this brand here in Europe?
The light weight wheel axle was just for one piece.
Don't worry,All RAZOR's steel parts had hard process,the some important steels were to make at HRC 60 of steel hardness as like wheel axles,and all RAZOR parts were conform by RoHS directive.
EDAM comapny just is new one,and RAZOR car kit is first product,now no distributor in Europe.it's open,I post some informations and pictures to find out have interested in RAZOR's importor.maybe this way is no good to promo,but it's quick and convenient to discuss with players.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.