Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Velineon Brushless System by.......Traxxas!?!? >

Velineon Brushless System by.......Traxxas!?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Velineon Brushless System by.......Traxxas!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Velineon Brushless System by.......Traxxas!?!?

system and cars intro: http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...on-intro-1.htm

system info:
http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...ries_vxl3s.htm

Any bets on them beating Tekin to market?
Old 05-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

And LiPo, too. The market speaks.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

I'll just echo what I said in the off-road threads.

This is great news for electric RC.

RIP Nitro
Old 05-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think this is going to be like the T-Maxx.
I mean, in 5 years the influence of these cars and system will be industry wide.
The sheer number of fresh blood this will bring to electric racing, once they get a taste of brushless rtr, will be amazing. In 5 years it will be "Remember when nitro was big?" This is just like 5 years after the T-Maxx, when nitro monster trucks were fringe, now many of those guys that have stayed in the hobby have evolved into 1/8 and truggy racers. Now the electric swell will really pick up. This post is really poorly written but do you know what I mean?
Old 05-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

The Velineon system cuts too many corners. I have bashed this product on 3 major forums and this will be my fourth.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Please tell.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yub, yub, cmdr!
The Velineon system cuts too many corners. I have bashed this product on 3 major forums and this will be my fourth.

Do tell. It hasn't hit the market yet.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

why would you bash it? youd have to be super ignorant to do that..

this controller does what many do not..

runs sensored or sensorless motors.. and brushed.. that tech surpasses the novak gtb .

has many failsafes. and has lipo cutoff..

im not a big traxxas fan.. except for beginners.. and i think its great that they released a brushless.. less maitence..and longer run times.

they even upped it to a digital hi torq servo.

dont be all pissed off because its a traxxas product.. and all proud youve bashed it three different times.... it isnt even out yet.. it just shows your ignorant.. who knows this could surpass the novak gtb in reliabilty and raceabilty.. but the balls in the air due to it not being on shelves yet.

(this is the first time i called you ignorant.. im sure there will be more times)
Old 05-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm gonna rely on my crutch again...
Is it similar to how the T-maxx cut corners to get people in?
I realize this isn't truly going to be a racers system, but some will race it and others will use it as a stepping stone to a truly raceable system (and car/class for that matter).
Old 05-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I feel this is exactly what is needed to have Brushless and even Lipo become mainstream. Kudos to Traxxas for making this technology for the newbies and club level peeps......the future racers...
Old 05-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Alright. It is true that I am bashing it without seeing it on the market first.

But you are incorrect in saying that I bash it just because it's Traxxas. I was excited when the Stampede XL5 came out, and I own one. I was excited when the Revo came out, and when the 3.3 came out because they responded to typical customer complaints.

But you are being quite ignorant in claiming that I do not have enough information to bash it. From specs alone, I will explain to you why. Furthermore, you take a huge amount of hubris to be so sure that you can further insult me later. Why are you touting the "Velineon" as a Race-Quality system? I assure you it was not made to be one.

The Velineon has a shortcoming as a product in that it is only rated to a max of 12.6 volts. It will not handle 2 6cell packs; the highest it will handle is 10 cells or 3S LiPo. This is not altogether bad, though,

Handling Sensored or Sensorless both is a technology in MANY ESCs, not just Traxxas's. Ex: Mamba Max, Quark, MGM, etc... so many. It's nothing to boast about.

Its price point, being more expensive than the Mamba Max (most stores proclaim it to be around $200 final street price, NOT MSRP), will do it no good either.

Do not cite the Digital High Torque servo; we are talking about the Velineon system and it only.

Why did Traxxas include a 3500 kV motor? Out of the box on 6 cells it only hits 30 mph, 5 more than my stock XL5 Stampede on 6 cells. TRAXXAS HERE IS BEING VERY DIRTY in advertising 65+ mph. THEY ARE OBTAINING THIS BY USING 11.1V LiPo and GEARING IT TO THE MOON. Sure, I could run my Titan 12T on high voltage LiPo, gear it to the moon, and pray my ESC won't fry, and I'll hit 65... They are deceptive.

Do you have anything else to say? Would you like to refute my points? Judging by your previous responses and the fact that I have negated all of them, I assume not.

I DO agree that this will help Brushless and LiPo become mainstream, and I too give Kudos to Traxxas for that.

Will you stop calling me super ignorant, step up to the plate and actually negate my points like an intelligent, educated man? Will you stop the ad hominem attacks, which do not weaken my arguments at all?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I still don't think I follow most of your points. My question is, what points? To me it seems the only thing you have pointed out is that they are using deceptive advertizing. Anything else you almost proclaim as positive. You say the voltage limit of 12.6 volts is a shortcoming... the chassis is still designed for a standard 6 cell pack so my question is, why would you need more? And if you do need more, you bought the wrong vehicle.

Traxxas' website states they are using Maxx wiring. Does this suggest that the brushless system is possibly a rebadged Mamba Maxx system? Now what's wrong with that?

I'm still wondering what your problem with this system is. Okay, it's Traxxas. But what's really wrong with furthering the growth of the r/c market with decent quality products that now actually include good electronics? Now of course they are not exactly track material, but they're still decent.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

It's Mamba Max, not Mamba Maxx.

And when they say "Maxx wiring" they are just using their trademark once again. (E-Maxx, T-Maxx, etc... nothing to do with Mamba Max.)

The original topic of discussion was the system itself, not the cars. On judging the system itself, 12.6 volts is a drawback.

I guess my point is that it's hyped up too much.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by gubbs3
...Traxxas' website states they are using Maxx wiring. Does this suggest that the brushless system is possibly a rebadged Mamba Maxx system? Now what's wrong with that?...
Ths word "Maxx" is trademarked by Traxxas and has nothing to do with CC.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

None of these vehicles were ever designed with anything more than a 6 cell or an occasional 7 cell in mind...a max of 8.4 volts. So I think we all are missing your point on the 12.6 volt max???

Now if they would release an electric sedan with this system it would help out a lot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.