Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
That was by hand!

Dang I just want art skills then!

Nice job I couldn't tell!

Not as bad as you think...take the Black/Red/White logo on the sticker sheet, cut all the white out (fresh blade in the old Xacto works wonders ), peel the sticker and put it on whatever background you want instead of white (I picked chrome w/holographic stars, scrapbooking material), then trim the edges of the sticker out.

I can show you it up close @ the next JBRL (about 90% sure I will be in Camarillo).
Old 07-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have cut my own vinyl by hand before. My problem is I can't even draw a happy face right! I am an unartistic engineer. If it weren't for CAD I would fail as a draftsman!

It just takes time and patience. I have been trying to justify a cutting machine for a while for paint masks. I just need to find a couple hundred somewhere to burn on it!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Casper what springs should I use if I cant find the kyosho springs you are using.Are the assoicated brown fronts and green rears close to what you are running?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I am not sure how the AE springs relate. I have not run AE since the RC10 team car days! (yes RC10 (pre B2!)

I am not quite sure what to run up front but the blue rears are just a touch harder then the yellow rears we are running. I am thinking of trying the orange/yellows (one set stiffer) up front to give a little more high speed steering. You can try those?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

right now up front running the kyosho 65# spring up front and the associated blue in the rear with 35 losi oil front 30 oil rear with 3b pistons. Car has no side bite right now what changes would you recommend to try and get more side bite out of the car. Oh tires panther switch 2.0 bomb 1 inserts bobcat front tires. Track is a dusty clay. Thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great thread guys!

I am going to be ordering on of these bad boys VERY soon.

My question for you guys is this.

What spare parts should I get for the car. After reading this thread from start to finish it seems the car is very durable. I am plannin on getting 2 sets of arms, two sets of steering knuckles and hubs, 1 frt tower, 1 rear tower, 1 frt bulkhead and probably the Proline axles.

Does that list seem good? Overkill maybe? Missing anything possibly?

Oh, couple other things. I could not find (or over looked) if Losi front wheels fit the car properly. If not I will probably not get the Proline axles as I will not be able to borrow any tires from my friends anyway. Also, I am planning on running a Maxamps 6000MAH battery and a Novak GTB with a SS 10.5 motor any thoughts on spring/additional weight requirements for an indoor high bite track?

Sorry for the long post, guess I had more than one question! Anyway, thanks for the help.

Chris
Old 07-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdog
right now up front running the kyosho 65# spring up front and the associated blue in the rear with 35 losi oil front 30 oil rear with 3b pistons. Car has no side bite right now what changes would you recommend to try and get more side bite out of the car. Oh tires panther switch 2.0 bomb 1 inserts bobcat front tires. Track is a dusty clay. Thanks
Soften the rear springs to the Kyosho Yellow in the rear and 30wt oil.
Move the camber link out on both the inside and outside on the rear.
This should help.
Last resort take out some anti-squat.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks fred for the help will give it a try. I dont have the yellow springs I guess I will have to go with the kit springs. Thanks again.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

how do I go about taking the anti-squat out of the rear?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 AM
Tech Champion

You'll have to put shims under the rear/rear arm pivot.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigdog
how do I go about taking the anti-squat out of the rear?
Shimming the rear to us looks like it might push down the pivot plate rather than change the antisquat? - so we turned the front one of the rear blocks upside down. Taking off some antisquat. This is one of the keys to getting the car to work for us.
I don't remember if the dremel had to come out to give clearance around the block (above it, the main chassis is very close) but it was dremeled anyway. Since doing this and some other things the car has gone from C final (two National C final wins) to two A finals at Nationals (thats 130 modified 2wd at each event)
Old 07-18-2007, 04:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by oople
Shimming the rear to us looks like it might push down the pivot plate rather than change the antisquat? - so we turned the front one of the rear blocks upside down. Taking off some antisquat. This is one of the keys to getting the car to work for us.
I don't remember if the dremel had to come out to give clearance around the block (above it, the main chassis is very close) but it was dremeled anyway. Since doing this and some other things the car has gone from C final (two National C final wins) to two A finals at Nationals (thats 130 modified 2wd at each event)
Thanks for the tip!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Good luck to Team Kyosho at the Hotrod Hobbies Shootout!!! Post some updates if available.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys, after reading for 38 pags..
most likely i be getting tis buggy for a 2wd.
would like to check if anyone running mamba 5700 on it?
what pinion n spur gear is needed for the brushless set?
any part which r easy break which i need to stock up?

Old 07-20-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I am not sure how the AE springs relate. I have not run AE since the RC10 team car days! (yes RC10 (pre B2!)

I am not quite sure what to run up front but the blue rears are just a touch harder then the yellow rears we are running. I am thinking of trying the orange/yellows (one set stiffer) up front to give a little more high speed steering. You can try those?
AE Blues on the rear???? Damn that is stiff no? No one uses that stiff a spring on any B4's. That could explain not having and traction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.