Search

Project Team Associated TR3 (TC3 truggy)56k warning

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Project Team Kassanova TR3

Team Kassanova TR3 V1

There is the bj4 , tc3"0" ,and a couple of other people have made tc3 buggys .I like the 4wd buggys mainly the body and the fact that it is 4wd. I don't like their low ground clearance which is not the best for bashing.I want the ground clearance of a staduim truck and the stability , but the traction ,ease of driving, and the looks of a 4wd buggy. SO i am makeing making a TR3 ( tc3 truggy)a ultimate basher.It will be as wide or wider then a typical stadium truck,have 2.2 wheels and tires,be as long or longer then a stadium truck.But in my eyes a really truggy deserves a buggy body so to top it of I will put a xxx-4 body on it.I started this project awhile ago and its almost complete here is a alist of parts that are on it:
t3 rear a-arms
t3 turnbuckles
t3 shocks
t3 servo saver
t3 rear hinge pins
t3 rear shock tower in the front and the rear
t3 cvds
masher 2k2's on t3 rear wheels
ntc3 diffs
tc3 drive shaft
xxx-4 body
hpi rs4 mt c-hubs and hub carriers
t3 rear a-arm mounts
Custom Lexan upper and lower deck chassis
t3 rear shock mounts
t3 rear shock tower mount
tc3 "0" slipper
t3 rear shock tower mount

I still need to drill holes in everything and cut a motor mount,chassis stand offs, the a-arms to replace the t3 ones, the shock towers to replace the t3 ones, and other small parts.Here are so pics. Let me know what you guys think. If you would like to view my building process and my updates over the last couple of weeks you can visit my website at www.freewebs.com/eds24/
If you would like to view more pics you can go here.http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/eds24/ Peace Ethan

Last edited by eds24; 01-01-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:42 AM
Suspended

So your going to come in here and say how much you like TEAM ASS. AND THEIR TC3. right!!! THEN YOU PUT A TEAM LOSI XXX4 BODY ON THIS CREATION OF YOURS???!!!

Just to clear it up i love both brands and have both and race both heavily. and for you to come in here like some be all to end all and pull this stunt, is a slap in the face of the engineers who designed and built cars/trucks for both companies.

further more i think you might be the same person under a new scren name that was asking if anyone had ever built their own cars or trucks, asking for designs and,pics and ideas. because (well if you are the same person) you knew that you building something that no one would agree with yet it was already to the point of the pic in this post.

To that i have nothing to say.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Whoa man chill. Yes I perfer Team Associated I never said that I liked them in my post though.I like Team Losi also. I wanted to go with a Bj4 worlds body but was not able to Buy one from Jconcepts becuase of paypal issues and my mom. Plus I like the look of the xxx-4. I never ment for this to be a stunt or a joke. All I am trying to do is do what I love and thats r/c and I love building things. For me the whole company debate is stupid. I go with what ever I like. It not like I am going to be putting a Team Losi decal on it. I see this being no different then putting another companys hop-up on your car.

About that thread. I have no clue what your talking about. I am certainly not that person. Like I said I am not trying to make something people disagree on I am just trying to build an awesome car that will do everythign I need it to

Peace Ethan
Old 01-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Who cares about the body The BJ4 use's parts from Losi and people pretty much call it ae but ae didn't make it, it is the buggy ae should of made but didn't make and never will & i agree the xxx-4 body looks cool

Cheers
Old 01-27-2007, 02:15 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just to clear it up i love both brands and have both and race both heavily. and for you to come in here like some be all to end all and pull this stunt, is a slap in the face of the engineers who designed and built cars/trucks for both companies.
Woah, clean the sand out of your vagina dude. Seriously.

---

ntc3 diffs
tc3 drive shaft
I praise your creativity. My initial reaction was that your going to blow up gears like crazy with those tires, but seeing your using NTC3 diffs you should be alright. I still think your going to have breakage issues elsewhere, but a cool project regardless. Post pics when your done, let us know how it turns out!
Old 01-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Nice work to mate. Will have to keep us updated

Cheers
Old 01-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Oh and love those little pink handled scissors

Cheers
Old 01-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Yea thanks guys. I will definatly post pics when I am finished. I still have alot of work to do. Where do you think I will have durability issuses ? Trying to make it as tough as I can. Right now the only place I can see is the shocktowers but on either side of each one I am going to put a strip of lexan to mount the links on , the strips will also connect onto the diff case.I am also runneing a slipper clutch so that should help with the gears.. Yep I like them pink scissors too...you know I have to use the safety scissors....have had way to many accidents cutting my self lol Peace Ethan
Old 01-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Does the clear lexan chassis bend easy?

Cheers
Old 01-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

It does have flex to it. Not aton. But I will be running the dual deck with chassis stand offs in the middle connecting the two. So that will decrease the flex. I want it to flex though alittle for bashing. Peace Ethan
Old 01-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Tomarrow I will hopefully be cutteing the a-arms,shocktowers,motor mount,wing mounts,and chassis stand offs. On tuesday I should be able to drill the holes. Peace Ethan
Old 01-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingnutracing28
So your going to come in here and say how much you like TEAM ASS. AND THEIR TC3. right!!! THEN YOU PUT A TEAM LOSI XXX4 BODY ON THIS CREATION OF YOURS???!!!

further more i think you might be the same person under a new scren name that was asking if anyone had ever built their own cars or trucks, asking for designs and,pics and ideas. because (well if you are the same person) you knew that you building something that no one would agree with yet it was already to the point of the pic in this post.

To that i have nothing to say.

Dude, you're a dumbass. He's making a car that he wants to have, and that's it. Smoke one and chill. Jeez.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eds24
Tomarrow I will hopefully be cutteing the a-arms,shocktowers,motor mount,wing mounts,and chassis stand offs. On tuesday I should be able to drill the holes. Peace Ethan
Sweet, be sure to post up some progress pics

Cheers
Old 01-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Phatkat
Dude, you're a dumbass. He's making a car that he wants to have, and that's it. Smoke one and chill. Jeez.
lol
Old 01-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

lol .......Well I wasn't able to cut anything today at school cuase I have weight training with miss colorado lol Should be cutting tomarrow though Peace Ethan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.