Wiki Posts
Search

When will we see a XXXT-CR?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default When will we see a XXXT-CR?

Anyone know when the CR version of the XXXT will be available?

I wouldn't mind trying something different than AE after not being too happy with there customer service if my funds allow in the future. This whole stadium truck with brushless and lipos craze has me interested as well.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

here

scroll down towards the end
Old 01-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Yup...as was said in that other thread, the release of the XXX-T CR might be a little ways off. Perhaps in time for the Nationals this year? I really don't know.

At any rate, it won't be in a next few weeks...haha.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

just don't h8 w8ing.

get it?
Old 01-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

There was a guy at a track I went to lastnight running a prototype XXXT CR. Actually....it was in his bag, but I think he was gonna run it, but I didn't satay long enough to see. I did however check it out, but it had a body on it. From what I could see it had some kind of blue anodized threaded shocks on it. I didn't really get to look at it all over or anything besides him telling me what it was. He said he raced for Losi, but I honestly couldn't tell you his name or if he was telling the truth or not.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Was this track near Cincinnatti by any chance? If it was it could very well have been the truck of which you speak.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Tech Initiate

There's a kid at the track i race at who has a prototype one, this one had new rear hubs, shock tower, and steering rack. Didn't really look much different than any of the others on the track though, looked like it might of rotated a little better but that's just what i noticed.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

I've seen the hybrid trucks in action over here, and they do seem a little loose on corner exit. I'll stick with my mf2 for now.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mfishel
Was this track near Cincinnatti by any chance? If it was it could very well have been the truck of which you speak.

This track was in Mitchell Indiana. THe truck had a blue/white/silver body on it. Looked really nice. It also had his name on it, but I can't reamamber what it is. He's a young guy from what I could tell.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

There have been lots of racers combining original XXX-T and new XXX CR parts to create their own hybrid trucks.

I don't think you'll see blue shock bodies on a production XXX-T CR; probably just personal one-off shocks.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Aaron Waldron: Will the new XXX-TCR when it is released use all EA3 components or some of the graphite parts? I have heard various things about issues with the plastic where people went back to the EA3, etc.

I am thinking about a Losi vehicle again as I am not happy with AE customer service, but, I don't want something that I need to replace all the stock parts because of teething issues that should be corrected by now. If the EA3 does suck, I hope Losi would go back to what works as far as they are concerned.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Where is this track near cincinnati you speak of?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Cain - I can't imagine that Losi will continue to churn out parts that people are having problems with. It would make sense that the XXX-T CR would use EA3 components but...only if they can do it without major problems.

I've got confidence that they'll figure it out. Maybe not at the snap of a finger, but eventually be able to turn it into a product that will be better for the customer.

As for customer service, come on over! I'll do my best to see that you get taken care of.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From what I've seen on the CR buggy, the original EA3 wasn't so good...stripped out too easily and seemed brittle. A couple of months back I noticed a slight change in the EA3 texture and the newer parts seem quite good. Pretty hard to strip and not as brittle.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

I think many who have purchased any of the recent edition EA3 parts will agree. They are working on the composite to make it stronger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.