Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
XXX-CR Parts on a MF2 >

XXX-CR Parts on a MF2

XXX-CR Parts on a MF2

Old 01-17-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default XXX-CR Parts on a MF2

I apologize if this has been discussed, but I have not found simple list yet. Since the truck is not out yet, I was wondering what xxx-cr parts people are installing on their XXXT MF2's. Is is just the steering rack and rear hubs? What mods need to be made?

Thanks!

Last edited by hollisst; 01-17-2007 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I am using the steering rack and I found that it smoothed out the steering a bit. The car used to be hard to tune for high bite surfaces. It would push a little and drive well but as I tuned in more steering the car became more sensitive to entry speed. I know, duh..., but what I mean is that I could drive the car at 85% and the steering was barely adequate but if I attempted to drive any harder it would abruptly oversteer. I tried a few different setups and they all had this same trait. It went away with the rack.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Davidka, thank you for the information. That's very helpful!
Old 01-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Run the XXX-CR Steering rack, tranny, and transmition/diff. Use the original XXX rear pivot, a-arms, and dogbones/CVD's. Also, get the new rear shock tower. Its a running production change, so its the same part #. You can run the new hubs also, justy use the inside hole for the hinge pin. The old arms only have 1 hole. You could also use the MF2 arms if you get the axle spacing setup correctly. Once that is done you will be pretty close to what it being run right now by most of the team in testing.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Run the XXX-CR Steering rack, tranny, and transmition/diff. Use the original XXX rear pivot, a-arms, and dogbones/CVD's. Also, get the new rear shock tower. Its a running production change, so its the same part #. You can run the new hubs also, justy use the inside hole for the hinge pin.
Brandon, thank you! When you say "use the original XXX rear pivot, a-arms and dogbones/ CVD's" you're refering to the original XXX buggy? I am just asking so I could get the part numbers. The new rear shock tower is the xxx-cr shock tower?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

I mean the original XXX-T rear pivot, arms, etc. The pivot itself is the same on the XXX and XXX-T, but you will of course want the truck arms and dogbones

Yeah, the new rear shock tower is like the XXX-CR tower with the 8 holes, except its for the truck. It is the same part number as the MF2 graphite tower, so if you shop doesn't have any of the new ones on the wall, you can ask them to order it and the new one will come. The only change is that the new tower has a 4th hole on the outside, and the bottom row of holes. If you don't plan on using those, then you don't *NEED* the new tower yet.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Thanks again!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

are there any rumors out there on when or if there will be a replacment for the MF2 in the near future? my MF2 is almost brand new and only raced a few times last summer until i entered into the truggy craze. i will be racing electric 1/10 this summer and i would rather not go through all the maintenance rebuilds if there may be something new on the way.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

I read that the new truck was supposed to be out by the end of 2006. That did not happen and the last I heard it should be out around April. But, these are rumors I've heard!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hollisst
I read that the new truck was supposed to be out by the end of 2006. That did not happen and the last I heard it should be out around April. But, these are rumors I've heard!
sounds like i may want to wait and see just to make sure. i just hope it isnt delayed like the jrx-s type r, even though when it does come out it should be perfect.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

don't expect the new truck out before summer. You figure you'll have to wait 3-4 months after they even announce there is a new truck, which hasn't happened yet.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by o.s. power
don't expect the new truck out before summer. You figure you'll have to wait 3-4 months after they even announce there is a new truck, which hasn't happened yet.
good point, i didnt think of that.....guess its time to order some diff and shock parts
Old 01-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Last I heard, the truck was still in the R&D stages.