Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gm Brushless Systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Gm Brushless Systems

There seemed to be alot of talk about Gm Brushless stuff in the "New Orion Brushless" theard so i thought i would make a thread for Gm stuff.

Also i have a problem with my system, ill see if i can explain it. When i turn on the car and have it sitting there it wont throttle. But if i turn the spur and give it a little push start sorta thing it goes. But then when i stop again it doesnt go and i have to push it again. And also sometimes when i stop it works fine. I have worked out that it only doesnt go when the rotor is in a certian posistion. It is when the speedy light is green. When it is red or red and green it works fine.
So if you could help that would be great.
Thanks

Andy.W

Last edited by Andy__+; 01-13-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

the stuff is the same only other label is what i heard ... yas SHAME ON YOU ORION
Old 01-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Andy__+
There seemed to be alot of talk about Gm Brushless stuff in the "New Orion Brushless" theard so i thought i would make a thread for Gm stuff.

Also i have a problem with my system, ill see if i can explain it. When i turn on the car and have it sitting there it wont throttle. But if i turn the spur and give it a little push start sorta thing it goes. But then when i stop again it doesnt go and i have to push it again. And also sometimes when i stop it works fine. I have worked out that it only doesnt go when the rotor is in a certian posistion. It is when the speedy light is green. When it is red or red and green it works fine.
Thanks

Andy.W
Could it have something to do with the sensor/sensor cable? Try disconnect it and test it without sensor.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duhh
the stuff is the same only other label is what i heard ... yas SHAME ON YOU ORION
They've been testing it for like a year now. Does it really take that long to decide if your label looks nice?
Old 01-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Andy_+ hi
Have you tried redoing the "one touch" setup thing.
Also If you run a spektrum system you might have to rebind the system.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by moonman
Could it have something to do with the sensor/sensor cable? Try disconnect it and test it without sensor.
What do you mean? I tried disconnecting it but the the motor has no power at all

big_boss - I tried doing both of those things and still no go

Also does anyone know how to connect your speed control to the computer so you can use the Genuis software you download from Gm website?

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by Andy__+; 01-13-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

what i heard is that they re-programmed it .. wich gould take long if ya have NO experience in brushless

and working with hardware you didn`t design yourself ...

just look @ CC mamba max ... that did thak some time too but then they where the first to bring some real stuf out and it`s PERFECT !!!

and they already had over 10 years of brushless experience 1!!!
Old 01-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

The system should still run without the sensor cable. We ran at the Euros with the sensors disconnected in the rain. You can sometimes get problems with the cable. I have had this happen. So if you switch everything off, disconnect sensors then switch on, it will attempt to run without sensors.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default GM GENIUS 95 Manual

Hi can someone send me a copy of the instruction manual for that speedo, I lost mine.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

GM Genius 80 manual
Old 01-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MattW

Thank a lot
Old 01-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by duhh
It's defenately not the same, you heard it all wrong!!
It's like saying the Fantom V2's are the same as Orion V2's.....

Both the motors and speedos are different.
I have tested them both and you will notice the difference on the track!!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Andy__+

Thanks

Andy.W
I have the exact same problem and I canīt get into setup mode either. This is my 2nd GM speedo, the first one was exchanged.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey,
I still havent worked out my problem. I think it may be the motor only thing i can think off. Ill try another see what happens.

Andy.W
Old 01-15-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

My speedo works with brushed motors so maybe the problem is related to the 4.5 motor. It doesnīt work either with sensorless or with the sensorcable connected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.