Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARC Racway

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ARC Racway

I could not fimd a thread for ARC so i figured i would start one. Looking for tire recomendations for 1/8th scale buggy. Also what does everyone think of the new track layout.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

New lay-out?

As for tires, I think most are running Bow-Ties.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Fairly similar. Couple more jumps, big double in the back is gone and there is an option section.

Last edited by tcmerf; 12-24-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Cool, I will try and make it out next Sat. I have to work that day, so not sure. I hope.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

track was dialed M3 bow ties
Old 12-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Can you run both 1/8 and 1/10 on ARC's track.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
Can you run both 1/8 and 1/10 on ARC's track.
Yep, its not a big track.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone ever go during the week? I think they are open late on Wednesday.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Alright, here's the scoop on the new ARC Raceway!!! This place is going to be sweet

Dan the owner is putting ALOT of work and money into this new facility. When I got to the track, he was there BY HIMSELF working on the finishing touches of the drivers stand.

He's hoping to have the track up and running in January sometime.

The new track is being built in Temecula at the Vail Lake Resort. From the 15 freeway, head east on Highway 79 South for almost exactly 8.5 miles. The track is nestled in the back of the campground between some hills.

The track size is 180 by 90. Usable straightaway is about 160 ft.

Drivers stand will accomodate 15 drivers and is 40ft long and about 10 ft high. If any of you raced at the old ARC, the stand looks alot like that one, only its all new and looks huge. Same storage box from the old track for the drivers stand only now the timing equipment is in an enclosed room extended off the end of the stand.

The drivers stand is also oriented in a way that you will never be facing the sun. No more sun in your eyes

Lots of parking is being grated out.

Pit tables will be on a concrete pad (yet to be poured) that will accomodate approx. 150 drivers. Eventually, all the pits will be COVERED by a permanent structure, but for now you will have to live with the 40 by 80ft tent that will cover about half of the drivers.

Water was tapped into and piped to the track for the ability to keep the track surface dialed.

Electricity will be provided by the same generator that was used at the old track. Eventually, there will also be power brought in by "normal" means of cables and poles.

There will also again be an onsite hobby shop available to supply those of you who like to break parts

And being that the nearest food source is almost exactly 5 miles from the track, ARC will again have their own "Cafe" available for those who like to eat.

Dan also has a few "surprises" planned. One of which he wouldnt tell me But he did show me whre it was going, and he did say that no other facility has ever had anything like this.

There will also be some bleachers for spectators and eventually, he wants to put up a couple of big "scoreboards" so that spectators and racers can keep tabs of the races.

There were some people requesting that it be electric friendly...well folks that wont be a problem at all. In fact, he said that if there is a big enough group of people, that he would do an all electric race day. In the mean time, electrics will be welcome on normal racedays and be included in the race program if needed.

Dan is bound to make ARC one of the finest race venues in California, and by the looks of it, it just might be. He's putting in a lot of sweat and $$$ to give all of us a place to race, so I hope that the racing community supports him and comes out to play when it opens.

I will be keeping tabs on the progress when I can, so if you have any questions, post them here on this new thread http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=196269 and I'll see if I can answer them, or find the answer out.

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 12-18-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default arc

hi does anybody have any news as to when the track may open.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Gibby, Dan's HOPING to have it running by the end of January. With the rain we've been having and him doing alot of the work by himself, its a slow process The place looks good though, I was out there last Thursday with Gary Guest checking it out. He and Dan were there trying to get some work done before the rain. There is another thread in the Track Locator forum that has pics if you havent seen them yet.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default arc

Thanks for the infomation steve i'll check out the pics.