Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Buggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hmmm...RC8 still in the box Wanna sell it

Originally Posted by Mater
I have been involved with rc racing since the 80's,racing then one of the first RC10 models.For the past 3 years I've been racing Mugen and up to last weekend I was a Mugen addict.Wanting to do something new I decided RC8 was the way to go.Sadly to say its still in the box and now I am 8ight addicted. Accociated has a special place and I'm not trying to run the brand down.It's just that accociated always has had premium quality and an ingenious design,which I feel is somehow now missing.The perfomance of the kit is great,that I will agree, but it is just the way that the 8ight fits together that appeals to me.After all they did it their own way and I think this is what I expected from the RC8!
Old 09-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No harm intended guys. Just proving that no one is perfect. I am no grammer guy trust me. Just used those few things as examples. I guess I needed to put a smiley face in the post somewhere.

I agree the market is getting better. The little things with these cars matter now unlike before.

I am suprised to hear you dont try and push the car more when its new to you. I understand why one wouldnt with the lack of spares. Lucklily for us with AE and Losi making cars one can get spares at almost any hobby shop as they are available through the major distributers.

Unfortunately for me I didnt pre-order my kit. I have to try and pick one up this coming week.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Postage will be to much...South Africa!Check out my lipo regulator.I've been using them for 2 years and not one failure.Can handle about 10A and cost just a few $$.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated 1/8 scale Buggy Info and Tips-dsc01778.jpg  
Old 09-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Mater
I have been involved with rc racing since the 80's,racing then one of the first RC10 models.For the past 3 years I've been racing Mugen and up to last weekend I was a Mugen addict.Wanting to do something new I decided RC8 was the way to go.Sadly to say its still in the box and now I am 8ight addicted. Accociated has a special place and I'm not trying to run the brand down.It's just that accociated always has had premium quality and an ingenious design,which I feel is somehow now missing.The perfomance of the kit is great,that I will agree, but it is just the way that the 8ight fits together that appeals to me.After all they did it their own way and I think this is what I expected from the RC8!
In the N/w the Mugen rules, and most has given up on the Losi due to it poor performance on rough tracks and other issues....

This will all change with the Ae Rc-8 though....
Old 09-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

alot of guys around here are dumping their 8ight's same reason when the track gets blown out the losi cars get real incosistant thats why i sold mine plus im just an A.E. fan. but the losi cars are good in the right hands.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Not to be a dick, but i hope this buggy starts to show the problems of being "Factory Built" and AE sees the light and makes it in kit form too. I mean, the only way i would truelly trust it being "Factory Built" is if guys like Saxton or Cavalieri or the like are the ones that are putting it together, not some factory working getting paid pennies an hour..... just my $.02
Old 09-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

get over it. buy one, take it apart and rebuild it. done.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Im just getting back in to rc after about a 3 year break and I know in that 3 years theres been lots of new products made...soo what im wanting to know is what .21 engine would yall recommend getting for the new ae buggy when it actually comes out
Old 09-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The V-Spec is good, I have it currently. Just sold my Jammin and that thing was amazing power. The Novarossi 367 is pretty top line.

For an inexpensive price point but great performance, it's tough to beat that Jammin.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

I know this is an impossible request but it would be nice if somebody could give an unbiased opinion of how the car actually feels on the track. I know that it hasn't been widely distributed in the states but for those that have it let us know.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raydog
get over it. buy one, take it apart and rebuild it. done.
No, I'm not going to "get over it". AE has ALWAYS released their Factory Team kits as KITS. I know i'm not the only with with a problem with this, and AE should listen to their customers, especially those of us who run pretty my all AE and have been loyal to them.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ae need to distribute the lrp z21r spec 2 into the US, why they have not done so yet is behond me.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Rookie

I ran ours all day Friday (about a half-gallon) and raced it yesterday (Sunday, Sept. 23) at Wolcott Hobby & Raceway in Connecticut. Happy to report that the car is still in perfect shape after being run and raced on a completely blown-out track (last weekend for this layout -- the one from the previous Pro Series event, so alot of cars have torn it up badly).

Performance-wise: Very good out of the box. Don't worry about the factory assembly, as I only had one slight issue (had to re-install/threadlock the pipe-mount screw). Otherwise, it's very tight. Associated has set in place stringent assembly specs and tolerances, and I would say the car is built as good if not better than 85 percent of its potential owners are capable of (sorry, but it's true!). The car steers great (leaning towards off-power oversteer, but not a lot of on-power oversteer); you can correct your line mid-turn quite easily. The suspension is super-dead in stock form, but the car is absolutely phenomenal through bumps, without any bucking or kicking whatsoever. Its among the best cars I've driven in terms of how it slides through bumpy turns without losing composure. The only complaint I have is that it didn't seem to "pop" up too well over jumps, although its difficult to say whether this was the suspension's or the track's fault. The car just felt as if it absorbed a lot of the ramp. It lands excellently, however, and with great stability. I would say that it has much of the Losi's steering, but with a feeling like that of a Kyosho through bumpy sections. I was instantly competitive without changing anything (well, I did stand up the front shocks, which seemed to reduce the off-power turn-in and gain a bit more mid-turn steering). I qualified fourth for the A and finished fourth (after a flameout, I was running second), so, make of that what you will.

Frank Masi, RC Driver magazine
Old 09-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the review Frank!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great to hear the pros and cons of the new car. I should be getting mine today or tomorrow. I know there will be some issues to work out on a new ride but I am looking foward to getting some track time with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.