Search

OCM Racing KOAS DT-19

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:00 AM
LKH
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default OCM Racing KAOS DT-19

OCM RAcing KAOS DT-19 has landed in Malaysia. Newest model in the market. One of the most beautiful one too

Tested in various racing scene by international drivers and proven to be a robust buggy.

Initial batch of OCM KAOS DT-19 are loaded with Pro Kit items.

http://www.ocmracing.com

Last edited by LKH; 01-30-2007 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:25 AM
LKH
Tech Elite

OCM in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRoWwHcZo3w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvj2M...elated&search=
Old 12-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

errrr how much the retail price?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

OCM was tested for weight comparison with another reputable, OCM and X brand has everything installed except for servo's ,engine and pipe.

X brand is fully titanium screwed too........the result is OCM,out of the box,is still lighter than X

We put to test both buggies through a simple chassis twisting as showed by Ian Haley, OCM won hands down. This is the result of the material used and the design of DT-19. It's servo tray extend right to the rear of the receiver box as opposed to conventional design that stops before the receiver box.

Material are sourced from Bayern Germany, a reputable chemical R&D company.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

devious... update us on this OCM buggy.
hows yer test run? probably i put it in my blog for all whole world to see
Old 12-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

One distinctive difference that i have noticed from my ex MBX5 Pro is that OCM can land better and turns like no tomorrow.

It can land after a high jump without bottoming out unlike my ex mugen ...."Phaak! " chassis on the ground everytime. We tested both buggies by dropping both of them onto the floor to see how high before the chassis hits the floor and guess who won?

As for steering,I had to use the inner steering mount point on the knuckle to soften the agressive steering, the outer mount point is good for technical tracks which requires sensitive steering.

Toe setup on the OCM are relatively simple by means of precise toe cups inserted onto the brace,this eliminates the need of expensive setup station .All it needs is a simple camber gauge and you are set with the OCM.

The shock shaft are hardened items, tough buggers. We have also adviced the manufacturer of several items which we think should be improvised or revised.

We had a first hand technical tips from all 3 OCM drivers about buggy setting and racing it. I gained one (amongst many others) valuable lesson at tuning shock absorber (finally ) More to learn from these drivers

I am finally getting what I wanted to learn about buggy

BTW, this is MY opnion of comparison between the buggies that I have driven so dont go flaming me about it yeah?!

Anyway, we will let OCM speak for itself on the tracks and not in the forum
Old 12-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by devious17
hpc yearend race....
Old 12-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

One distinctive difference that i have noticed from my ex MBX5 Pro is that OCM can land better and turns like no tomorrow.

It can land after a high jump without bottoming out unlike my ex mugen ...."Phaak! " chassis on the ground everytime. We tested both buggies by dropping both of them onto the floor to see how high before the chassis hits the floor and guess who won?

As for steering,I had to use the inner steering mount point on the knuckle to soften the agressive steering, the outer mount point is good for technical tracks which requires sensitive steering.

Toe setup on the OCM are relatively simple by means of precise toe cups inserted onto the brace,this eliminates the need of expensive setup station .All it needs is a simple camber gauge and you are set with the OCM.

The shock shaft are hardened items, tough buggers. We have also adviced the manufacturer of several items which we think should be improvised or revised.

We had a first hand technical tips from all 3 OCM drivers about buggy setting and racing it. I gained one (amongst many others) valuable lesson at tuning shock absorber (finally ) More to learn from these drivers

BTW, this is MY opnion of comparison between the buggies that I have driven so dont go flaming me about it yeah?!

Devious, wow.....great info on this buggy, looks like a good one from what I read here and I assume your adrenaline got pumped up by it too, hehe
Old 12-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by arghh
hpc yearend race....
Registered laa........you mana?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spencer
Devious, wow.....great info on this buggy, looks like a good one from what I read here and I assume your adrenaline got pumped up by it too, hehe
Hey Spencer! yeah I guess as the technology matures so does the buggy. I am not into OCM because of it's buggy BUT for the learnings No other brands that I have tried to get in touch with to learn their buggy has ever been sucessfull. I tried mugen (japan /US) their standard reply is " Get in touch with your local dealer" How daft? If I could get what I needed locally I wouldnt go that far would I?

I almost gave up buggying for the lack of knowledge and no one to turn to for advice UNTIL I bumped into the right group of people People who actually participate in races and are not stuck up with sharing information and advice Now I buggy the smart way instead of the hard way. Jumping all day long isnt going to get you anywhere as I found out the hard way.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Spencer! yeah I guess as the technology matures so does the buggy. I am not into OCM because of it's buggy BUT for the learnings No other brands that I have tried to get in touch with to learn their buggy has ever been sucessfull. I tried mugen (japan /US) their standard reply is " Get in touch with your local dealer" How daft? If I could get what I needed locally I wouldnt go that far would I?

I almost gave up buggying for the lack of knowledge and no one to turn to for advice UNTIL I bumped into the right group of people People who actually participate in races and are not stuck up with sharing information and advice Now I buggy the smart way instead of the hard way. Jumping all day long isnt going to get you anywhere as I found out the hard way.
Devious, couldn't agree more with your opinion.... learnings are most important in improving oneself, not just playing the hard way Well, for me, I dont rely only on infos from others but also trying out new stuffs myself which are not available locally and learn from them (trial & error laaaa.......slow learnings but fun).

Well, have fun with your new buggy soul mate, hehe (don't forget to share some new learnings here, man) and here's wishing you Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year ahead with OCM
Old 12-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spencer
Well, for me, I dont rely only on infos from others but also trying out new stuffs myself which are not available locally and learn from them (trial & error laaaa.......slow learnings but fun).
me not only try new stuff but also custom made stuff that u wont find it around the world except me...heheh... main important is have fun with it..
Old 12-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Champion

I asked u give me a simple test run report, u gave us the whole kahuna technical insider knowledge & tips form ocm pro drivers only. I couldn't ask for more. it deserved to be in the blog. dont blame me for your smart write-up review style. it will be put up in the "blockquote" of the OCM title by our local time this 10pm if not early. u got time to deny, reject, oppose such act from my side to put it up there!

Old 12-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Picture resolution aint that good.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Tech Champion

Oh yes.. BLACK IS BEAUTY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.