Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR to 4 cell....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default ROAR to 4 cell....

Just heard that the EXCOM voted on ROAR going to 4 cell. Don't know how the vote came out yet but, how do you guys feel about the ROAR EXCOM taking upon themselves to make a decision on something of this magnitude WITHOUT consulting the membership?

http://www.rcracing.com/msgthread.cf...SiteMessages=3

I was always a bit put off on how the whole brushless thing happend.....and now this. I wonder if ROAR is truly reperesentative of what the membership wants......

Art
Old 11-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's why we elect people to ROAR. They're the ones we put in there to make decisions like this. If every decision was given to the membership, nothing would get done. As it is every decision ROAR makes is met with dissent on the message boards. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

i'm just glad i'm no longer a memeber, and wont race another ROAR event...ever!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
That's why we elect people to ROAR. They're the ones we put in there to make decisions like this. If every decision was given to the membership, nothing would get done. As it is every decision ROAR makes is met with dissent on the message boards. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it.
Actually a quick poll of local racers shows that they are uniformly against it. The quote was "just another reason to race gas". There were some other comments but they are best left unsaid in public so the same could be said to those whom support 4 cell.Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't like it.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

OF COURSE NOT EVERYONE, that's a moot point. But enough...
Old 11-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

well with races like IIC,SNOWBIRDS we wont need roar anymore an ill be glad to join the F@#$ ROAR BANDWAGON IF IT PASSES THATS MY OPINION

LIKE IT OR DONT EITHER WAY I STATED IT
Old 11-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

same as BRCA in the UK
got whoever on the board they get the job done (to a degree) but they do ask members to travel from far away places to the AGM to pass or fail certain things
thing is many want online voting .coz the MAJORITY don`t get to the AGM to vote on things,But the Majority who can be bothered to turn up vote on the racers behalf (And this is where it goes pear shape)
so you got BRCA saying turn up then you can have your vote
you got the racers saying ,can`t afford to travel that far to cast a vote

there`s no middle ground to apease both side`s
so we get the Dissent & moaning on the boards or trackside from both sides ;;blaming each other & not pulling in the right direction & playing the same game

Disclaimer
Don`t split hairs with my post ,it`s just board talk , so we can `ALL` learn something for next time
Old 11-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

why are ROAR going 4 cell when europe & the rest are 5 cell ??
go in the same direction ,this does nothing for the future & new racers to come in

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 11-23-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

So when do you guys hear the result?
Old 11-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
same as BRCA in the UK
got whoever on the board they get the job done (to a degree) but they do ask members to travel from far away places to the AGM to pass or fail certain things
thing is many want online voting .coz the MAJORITY don`t get to the AGM to vote on things,But the Majority who can be bothered to turn up vote on the racers behalf (And this is where it goes pear shape)
so you got BRCA saying turn up then you can have your vote
you got the racers saying ,can`t afford to travel that far to cast a vote

there`s no middle ground to apease both side`s
so we get the Dissent & moaning on the boards or trackside from both sides ;;blaming each other & not pulling in the right direction & playing the same game

Disclaimer
Don`t split hairs with my post ,it`s just board talk , so we can `ALL` learn something for next time
Colin I don't intend to split any hairs, but there is a simple reason that you have to attend the AGM to get a vote, it's in the constitution; it will be until somebody proposes an amendment to it.

Obviously I don't understand what the relationship between EXCOM, ROAR and the membership is, but I would imagine their voting procedure is in line with thier own constitution as well.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
Just heard that the EXCOM voted on ROAR going to 4 cell. Don't know how the vote came out yet but, how do you guys feel about the ROAR EXCOM taking upon themselves to make a decision on something of this magnitude WITHOUT consulting the membership?

http://www.rcracing.com/msgthread.cf...SiteMessages=3

I was always a bit put off on how the whole brushless thing happend.....and now this. I wonder if ROAR is truly reperesentative of what the membership wants......

Art
Well ROAR doesnt exist without its members so it should be to its members to decided what they want. I think a vote among the members should be the key( not the few people in EXCOMM). If you dont like it boycott ROAR.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Maybe it is a ruse, a way for Roar when they do decide to allow lipo's to not meet alot of resistance from racers. If we are racing 4 cells then they add a lipo class racers would go out and buy them without a complaint because they get to go faster again. Or maybe they are going to or already have voted against it.
Regardless, this hobby changes. Different motors, batteries, frequencies, etcetera. I highly doubt the most known approval body in the US would purposely do something to endanger the hobby for the future. It would be self destructive for them.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

constitution
only works well if Every one can get there or have the opportunity to cast there vote

but you still have the 2 parties blaming each other for the probs that occur

Disclamer
not going to say any more coz it well get heavey & seriuos ,then i`ll be lost
Old 11-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian
Maybe it is a ruse, a way for Roar when they do decide to allow lipo's to not meet alot of resistance from racers. If we are racing 4 cells then they add a lipo class racers would go out and buy them without a complaint because they get to go faster again. Or maybe they are going to or already have voted against it.
Regardless, this hobby changes. Different motors, batteries, frequencies, etcetera. I highly doubt the most known approval body in the US would purposely do something to endanger the hobby for the future. It would be self destructive for them.
Does EXcomm vote and the ROAR pres does the final apporval?? Contact the ROAR pres and voice your opinion,if the pres has no input on the matter ,why do we elect one??
Old 11-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

i think the result of this vote all roar events will be slow its going to be a factory thing from now on ROAR if you are listening you are breaking tradition and its a stupid thing to do .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.