Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Stockton RC Raceway 5th Annual northwest Carpet Champs >

Stockton RC Raceway 5th Annual northwest Carpet Champs

Stockton RC Raceway 5th Annual northwest Carpet Champs

Old 12-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
The stock rotor is thermaling for some guys out here. I just went straight to the sintered rotor on mine. I'm still on the fence on what class to run for this event. 19 turn has been very fun but mod ponies are calling me....LOL

Besides......Fred has something that belongs to me.....don't cha Fred
are you coming to the birds?
Old 12-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
are you coming to the birds?
No. I did four major events this year so I'm done for now. The Reedy or the Nats will be the next big race for me. You going????
Old 12-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
No. I did four major events this year so I'm done for now. The Reedy or the Nats will be the next big race for me. You going????
yes im going to the birds for the 1st time touring mod and gtp mod!!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

tt
Old 12-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rocketron
use the stock rotor...
Or the 5800 can.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
i bet youre gettin all cocky because you got a brushless for both classes i raced with 3 brushless systems lastnight and i dont think they should be mixed in with normal brushed motors theres no comparison i mean the guy who got second never even makes the a main but you give somebody that much extra power and its amazing what they can do brushless should be in its own class just my opinion later jason
Getting cocky? I only ran the brushless once and ran brushed once to see what I like better. I don't have the so-called stock brushless motor. The 13.5 has a major advantage over the stock brushed motors. It's more like an average 19 turn motor. My conclusion for 19 turn brushless, short to medium tracks brushless. Long wide open tracks-brushed. See ya in a couple of weeks.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Or the 5800 can.
NICE!!
Old 12-26-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default brushed is better

The fastest car is still brushed..
Old 12-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
The fastest car is still brushed..
Fast lap of last weekend:

AAron Young = 11.499
Fred Hubbard = 11.45X

If FAST laps determined qualifying...well I guess it would matter, but it doesn't!

Yes you TQ'd. Unfortunately for me heads up qualifying doesn't reward the faster/better car when you have to race other drivers instead of the clock. The one time that I did get a good starting position on the grid (2nd round, 2nd place on the grid) I got out past Clint and was running off 11.5's before anyone else (I believe you didn't run a COUPLE until the 3rd round) I caught the tape entering the infield and traction rolled. Do I need to discuss the main??? Now I really could care less which is faster cause I run both. But lets keep the records straight.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

I think the point he was trying to make was that BL is not a *huge* advantage over a well tuned brushed 19T, well not any more of an advantage as a well tuned brushed 19T is over a stock bought off the shelf, don't do any tunning/tweeking to it 19T brushed motor.

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Fast lap of last weekend:

AAron Young = 11.499
Fred Hubbard = 11.45X

If FAST laps determined qualifying...well I guess it would matter, but it doesn't!

Yes you TQ'd. Unfortunately for me heads up qualifying doesn't reward the faster/better car when you have to race other drivers instead of the clock. The one time that I did get a good starting position on the grid (2nd round, 2nd place on the grid) I got out past Clint and was running off 11.5's before anyone else (I believe you didn't run a COUPLE until the 3rd round) I caught the tape entering the infield and traction rolled. Do I need to discuss the main??? Now I really could care less which is faster cause I run both. But lets keep the records straight.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I think the point he was trying to make was that BL is not a *huge* advantage over a well tuned brushed 19T, well not any more of an advantage as a well tuned brushed 19T is over a stock bought off the shelf, don't do any tunning/tweeking to it 19T brushed motor.
EDIT: Changed because it detracts from the real issue at hand. Harsh we and several up your way know the truth, we have all run both and speak from a position of experience. The same can't be said for some of the peeps down here, whether it be by choice or financial situation. But they would rather knock the technology...so let them. I know it won't change what I run as well as everyone else who understands the benefit of running BL. So it's their loss. See ya soon!

Last edited by Fred Hubbard; 12-26-2006 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think BL is a HUGE advantage. It let's me have extra time to play "Tire Toss" in the Pits and we all know that winning "Tire Toss" is way more important.

Actually it is a HUGE advantage because I am LAZY and don't want to work that hard for horsepower...LOL

Fair enough?????
Old 12-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
EDIT: Changed because it detracts from the real issue at hand. Harsh we and several up your way know the truth, we have all run both and speak from a position of experience. The same can't be said for some of the peeps down here, whether it be by choice or financial situation. But they would rather knock the technology...so let them. I know it won't change what I run as well as everyone else who understands the benefit of running BL. So it's their loss. See ya soon!
Yep I agree, I have found the same with *my* testing i.e. I have well tuned and good running brushed stuff, and I don't see a performance advantage, however there is a consistency and maintenance advantage with running the BL stuff
Old 12-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Advil
I think BL is a HUGE advantage. It let's me have extra time to play "Tire Toss" in the Pits and we all know that winning "Tire Toss" is way more important.

Actually it is a HUGE advantage because I am LAZY and don't want to work that hard for horsepower...LOL

Fair enough?????

ROFL!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

AARON GOT SERVED AND DIDN'T EVEN HAVE HIS FACTS STRAIGHT ABOUT LAP TIMES.

I think my comments may inspiring him to turn a 11.3 My EA motors are rockets but with helping run the program I don't have the time to fool with my motors. i will tune some thins week just incase I have to go brushed if my 4300 acts up again.

Advil- Dujuan got his brushless now. He got the 3.5 You got spare RDX parts for him???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.