Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Tekin New Speedos

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Team Tekin

Yes Congrats to you Mike. Nice win!

Congrats to all the Tekin drivers for a great team effort with the new Fx line of esc's!

R1's are next... Time to lay the smackdown in all of the mod classes!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:37 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What's the difference between the R1 and R1 Pro? How come the Pro has more resistance than the R1?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Actually it's less resistance TFR. Count the zeros bro. Twice the fet boards = twice the power, less resistance.

No Im not Kiddin either....I'm looking at them right now...Still need to find a camera..have two nice cameras around here but I think they got hijacked to vegas.

R1 and R1 Pro will not be packaged at the same time so no we won't release em at the same time. R1 is first followed VERY closely by the PRO

I'll keep you guys posted in detail as much as I can....for now...I gotta go put this bad boy in my TC and smash some rails!!!!!!!!!!! My sedan hates me muaha

CYA AT THE TRACK!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
you racing the off road race is November??? I'm signed up but may be pulling out. Having too much fun running on road.
Don't be pulling out. I want to school you in the dirt. Then I'll come down and school you on carpet too
Old 10-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds like everything is really coming along nicely now for all things TEKIN related...
Old 10-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zken
Actually it's less resistance TFR. Count the zeros bro. Twice the fet boards = twice the power, less resistance.

No Im not Kiddin either....I'm looking at them right now...Still need to find a camera..have two nice cameras around here but I think they got hijacked to vegas.

R1 and R1 Pro will not be packaged at the same time so no we won't release em at the same time. R1 is first followed VERY closely by the PRO

I'll keep you guys posted in detail as much as I can....for now...I gotta go put this bad boy in my TC and smash some rails!!!!!!!!!!! My sedan hates me muaha

CYA AT THE TRACK!!!
I don't need packaging for my R1 Pro. All I need is the unit and instructions. lol just put my order in with Scooter. can't wait
Old 10-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Team Tekin

If you think you have what it takes, drop a car in Vegas Baby! The bite is high, the walls are brutal, the pace is incredible and it takes an almost perfect run to make the show.

Congratulations to all the Tekin drivers in Vegas. Special thanks to Mike Dumas for showing them it really is good stuff….. and maybe even superior technology. In the ultra competitive 19t foam class Mike was unbelievable and owned the field from start to finish with a TQ and the win.

Jimmy Maddison provided another dominating TQ and win in the stock TC rubber class and just missed the podium in the 19t TC rubber. Jimmy Herman put it on the Amain podium 2 more times in stock 1/12 and stock TC. We had drivers in every A Main in the event. 10 drivers made A mains in all including Jeff Cuffs and Mark Smyka.

Mo Denton was on a solid Amain qual run after some rough rounds and was put over the rail on the final corner by a lapped car trying to get out of the way. Major composure by Mo while he smiled and swallowed it down….. To the roulette table!

Many more just missed the Amains in a race where the B and C had world class talent and many drivers did not speak english. Lots of our semipro drivers had their best finishes ever and a few their best gambling luck as well.

The B1 may be the big surprise of the event and looks like it is becoming the 1/12 stock speedo of choice. Thanks Jeff!

Our Brushless modified motors were not allowed in Vegas this year. Although we drive all the motors extremely well, we do not start the sensored/slotted motors perfect enough for an Amain start in Vegas. For the rest of us and with our motors all is good. We would not ask Mike to give up anything that might distract him from his goal.

Thanks to all. We had a great time. Now we have to get back to work!

Tekin Prez
Old 10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
If you think you have what it takes, drop a car in Vegas Baby! The bite is high, the walls are brutal, the pace is incredible and it takes an almost perfect run to make the show.

Congratulations to all the Tekin drivers in Vegas. Special thanks to Mike Dumas for showing them it really is good stuff….. and maybe even superior technology. In the ultra competitive 19t foam class Mike was unbelievable and owned the field from start to finish with a TQ and the win.

Jimmy Maddison provided another dominating TQ and win in the stock TC rubber class and just missed the podium in the 19t TC rubber. Jimmy Herman put it on the Amain podium 2 more times in stock 1/12 and stock TC. We had drivers in every A Main in the event. 10 drivers made A mains in all including Jeff Cuffs and Mark Smyka.

Mo Denton was on a solid Amain qual run after some rough rounds and was put over the rail on the final corner by a lapped car trying to get out of the way. Major composure by Mo while he smiled and swallowed it down….. To the roulette table!

Many more just missed the Amains in a race where the B and C had world class talent and many drivers did not speak english. Lots of our semipro drivers had their best finishes ever and a few their best gambling luck as well.

The B1 may be the big surprise of the event and looks like it is becoming the 1/12 stock speedo of choice. Thanks Jeff!

Our Brushless modified motors were not allowed in Vegas this year. Although we drive all the motors extremely well,
we do not start the sensored/slotted motors perfect enough for an Amain start in Vegas
. For the rest of us and with our motors all is good. We would not ask Mike to give up anything that might distract him from his goal.

Thanks to all. We had a great time. Now we have to get back to work!

Tekin Prez
Is this something you (Tekin) plan on improving, or is it just the way it is?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone have a roundabout ball park figure on the weight of an R1 or R1 pro? Just weighed my Mi3 with a sphere comp, 13.5, 4800 lipo ( with 160+ grams of weight neccessary to balance side to side) micro spektrum, 9550, and fans and its a serious pig at 1530 with foams. Id love to have a lighter esc so I didn't have to use so much weight to balance my car.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Team Tekin

The spec's for the R1's can be found at www.teamtekin.com

R1 Pro weighs in 2.3 oz's with wires. 2.0 oz's for the R1.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

oh yeah. I forgot weve had this discussion. With wires vs. without wires. Oh well. Maybe dumas will let me borrow his to weigh. When I checked the sphere comp specs it says 25 g or so. I seriously doubt thats with wires. I gotta find a way to loose 56 grams from the motor side of my car. . . .maybe I don't nees those fans. Hmmm . . .
Old 10-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Tech Champion

Andrew- There can be noticable differences in the weight of bodyshells and how much spraying youre using on them, maybe thats something you could look at?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

good idea. Thanks. I suppose that shoe goo and fiber glass tape in my wheel wells is worth at least 20-50 grams.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think my TC body weighs in at 1000grams with all the DUCT TAPE I put on it LOL, it was hard turning track for the first time with a 4 turn. Hah, matter Ofact I remember when Randy saw my ride...he had a look of disgust and steered very clear of me on the track ( as he lapped me ofcourse), good times good laughs............ New season new body.....

Last edited by Zken; 10-03-2007 at 07:34 AM. Reason: I have a new body now LOL
Old 10-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Lol, we are all guilty of being in contact with other ahem "items" haha, my shell has a few cracks in the front wheel arches....

i'll treat myself to a new shell next year I think unless it gets real bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.