Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NOOB-SMOKE
my car is over weight t2007 with brushless.
Is it better to have left and right balance or just as light as possible.
Mine is also overweighted. Caused by the GM Brushless set. (Going to switch though)

I've choosen to balance with the electronics and have now 50/50. The photos are from before I found the perfect balance. The powercaps are also moved to the battery side.

And don't add weight, just seek the balance as I did.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had to add 50 grams to my '007 EU this past weekend to get it up to weight.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Joep
Mine is also overweighted. Caused by the GM Brushless set. (Going to switch though)

I've choosen to balance with the electronics and have now 50/50. The photos are from before I found the perfect balance. The powercaps are also moved to the battery side.

And don't add weight, just seek the balance as I did.
what did you use to find the perfect balance?
Old 01-30-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CAT Productions
I hear that. O.K., just wondering, I know a lot of people are either in the TRF415 camp or the '007 camp. Curious as to how the quality of the 2 kits stack up. I think they're priced about the same. I also do think they both LOOK great. But does anyone have both kits to compare quality?
I have a couple of 415 MRE's (although I just sold one), and recently picked up a couple of 007's ...the quality between the two is pretty similar, as in both are nice high quality kits, the 415 has more slop in it's components from a new build, but can be taken care of with shimming fairly easily. On the track the thing I noticed the most is the 007 took some hits comparable to what I would take in the MRE and it didn't tweek, where the MRE would tweek ...not hard to fix the tweek, just loosen the top deck and retighten and you're good to go. I personally liked the feel of the 007 better than the MRE on the track (at least on carpet/rubber tires anyways).
Old 01-30-2007, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I have a couple of 415 MRE's (although I just sold one), and recently picked up a couple of 007's ...the quality between the two is pretty similar, as in both are nice high quality kits, the 415 has more slop in it's components from a new build, but can be taken care of with shimming fairly easily. On the track the thing I noticed the most is the 007 took some hits comparable to what I would take in the MRE and it didn't tweek, where the MRE would tweek ...not hard to fix the tweek, just loosen the top deck and retighten and you're good to go. I personally liked the feel of the 007 better than the MRE on the track (at least on carpet/rubber tires anyways).
You will love it on asphalt as well because I'll be right there to help you with set up.. I'm going to try my current set up with a spool and see how that works.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
You will love it on asphalt as well because I'll be right there to help you with set up.. I'm going to try my current set up with a spool and see how that works.
Somebody would have to help you first.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I hear that. O.K., just wondering, I know a lot of people are either in the TRF415 camp or the '007 camp. Curious as to how the quality of the 2 kits stack up. I think they're priced about the same. I also do think they both LOOK great. But does anyone have both kits to compare quality?
I jumped on the Tamiya bandwagon because many friends at the track were running them. It was a huge improvement over my FT TC4 at the time so I was absolutely in love with the car. I couldn't believe how easy it was to drive compared to my TC4 and I did nothing but get faster as the weeks went on.

Big problems with Tamiya - steering knuckles, ball cups, fit. (slop) Your breaking steering knuckles... ball cups develope slop nearly the first time you touch a board... and the fit and finish of the car leaves one to shimming. (steering rack especially - though I have no experience with the MRE and new rack)

Big problems with Xray - hmmmm... I'll let you know when I find one?

The Xray is in a class of its own. The design, fit, and finish of the car is unlike any other car I have owned. The only fit and finish issues I have experienced so far was a quick run of some sand paper over the hinge pin area of a rear arm so it would move freely. (20 second job)

I just returned to racing after not racing for about 9 months. I have YET to break this thing... and let me tell you - I've tired on a few occassions. Its been fast since I put the car down and it gets better everytime I'm on the track. I made huge improvements to the car last time at the track thanks to Paul L. (Go figure lol) He helped balance the car out a lot more so it was a ton more comfortable to drive. The car is nearly as comfortable to drive as a diff car - its nearly scary.

I have a little more tuning to go... (need a touch more steering) but most of the tuning left is in the guy holding the transmitter.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have both cars and have found that the 007 is more responsive to small chassis changes and took a little longer to get a good setup. Where the MRE was good right out of the box, but only changed when a big chassis change was made. Fit, finish and quality are the same. You will get a few more spare parts with the MRE, not a lot, and not necessarily needed. Pros and cons, the MRE is more fragile, for example the arms are more brittle, and the outdrive axles bend easily. Far more slop in the suspension as well. No doubt about it, the MRE shocks are nicer, but I haven't had any issues with the 007 shocks either. The only down side on the 007 is the internal gear ratio if you run 48 pitch stuff, with proper rollout, you always seem to be running the smaller pinions, everything still meshes though. Of course these are just my own opinions and I'm sure others will not agree.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hi, just wondering whether anyone that already has a '007 kit has exp any flaws in parts quality fit/finish. Reason I ask is I just read a review for the '007 US Spec edition kit in the current issue of Xtreme RC Cars magazine, and it mentioned the spur gear in the kit they tested touched the rear flex plate and had to be filed for clearance. I was surprised when I read that because I know X-Ray has an excellent rep in the parts quality fit/finish dept.

I'm seriously considering going ahead and buying a '007 kit. Anyone else had or heard of any issues with parts quality fit/finish?

just built mine last week, and couldnt have asked for a smoooother build, best Ive ever done, no issues
Old 01-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Battery Strap

Ayone know where i can find a good deal on a battery strap in the usa? Nexus is out of stock, and it seems everyone else is too, and its the last piece to my puzzle
Old 01-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Here are some pics of my new red 007...fresh and ready to go for the birds!!

EA

Matt Francis eat your heart out..Big Pimpin EA..
Old 01-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

jallsouse try you LHS
Old 01-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big B
Try you LHS
sad to say, but my lhs thinks if it dosent come from horizon or great planes it dosent exist

Last edited by jallshouse; 01-30-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

What process do you guys use to run in your US '007 diff?
Due to time constraints, I only have 5 minutes run on mine since the middle of December.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I cant find one in stock anywhere either

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.