Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Putnam Propulsion Motors are now back in the UK!! >

Putnam Propulsion Motors are now back in the UK!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Putnam Propulsion Motors are now back in the UK!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Nice Job. Thanks for the race report and keep up the good work...
Old 09-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Hay Guys, sorry havent been on here all that much had alot going on the past few months hence the bad racing results.

Anyway on a good note Putnam Won the STCC Round at Colchester today winning all 3 legs of the A final!! This pretty much wraps up the STCC Championship.

Congratulations to John Painter for winning the B final he hasnt been racing to long and is really improving!! Well done mate

Ricky Copsey

Todd you got mail..
Old 09-11-2006, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

Cheers Ricky. The motors I have for the STCC is proving excellent (shame my thumbs still need a bit of work - Todd, do you sell improved ones hehe)

Regards the motor itself I ran this on a ratio of about 6.3 using the standard red springs and brushes (green +, blue -). Wear rate was barely at all. A very very light skim between races and it was back to new. Brush wear was around .010" - basically nothing. The motor had tonnes of grunt and the top end even though geared quite low was still very comparible with cars geared much higher.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Ricky
i thought you died of death ,been so quite you have ,
heard you weren`t clicking very well with your newer HB
Q) is it hard to race well & do customer service @trackside ???

i found it really really hard to enjoy my racing & do the sales man thing aswell
Old 09-12-2006, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Colin, na been in the process of buying a flat to rent, and just loads of work and stuff havent had any time over the past 3 months to touch the cra during the week hence the bad results.

The new HB car wasnt to good always felt on edge gone back to my old one now.lol

Not been to bad with the selling of the motors its going really well so far.

hows your racing been?

Thanks

Ricky
Old 09-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by prodriver
hows your racing been?

Thanks

Ricky
Crap & Shit !!
next
Old 09-27-2006, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Im going to be getting a Putnam CO27 for Carpet Wars so hopefully I can fly the flag at the event and do the motors some justice if I can get my thumbs right and the car setup good.

Ricky - are you doing any of the rounds at all ?
Old 10-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Tech Adept

Ricky Copsey - STCC Champion 2006

Well done Ricky, well deserved win with some excellent driving throughout the series.

Not as big a deal as Ricky's win but I managed my first A final placing at the last round of the STCC placing 9th overall. Had an awful set of finals and unfortuately came 10th but I can only improve from here on. Have to thank the Putnam Monster stock motors for helping with my most recent results - they are simply the best powerplant I have driven.

Im sure Ricky will post up soon regards his win !
Old 10-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Coor Big gaps between post`s on here
don`t you lot race that much or do you have to let the motors cool down from last meeting
Old 10-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jo90
they are simply the best powerplant I have driven.
Maybe you didn't get a chance to see Paul Sanders car during that A final (or the rest of the meeting) but he was flying - much faster than anyone else's car. Anyone know what he was running?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

I believe he was disqualified though due to the motor not having the BRCA legal motor label on it. Not saying anything more than that !!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

I believe he was disqualified though due to the motor not having the BRCA legal motor label on it. Not saying anything more than that !!
that`s put the cat amongst the pidgeons
Old 10-09-2006, 10:00 AM
BJ
Tech Apprentice

Well he was not on the pace on the saturday, only did a 13.2 sec lap.
He was on pace on race day, but come the 3rd round he was flying, went past the 2005 National champ like he was standing still.
Again the speed on the car in the finals was too fast for a 27T end of story, did a 12.6 second lap. This is on pace with a 19T, even round Ipswich this is a good time. After his car had been through scruitneering someone else looked at the motor and it had no 'EPIC27' or relevant tag.
I believe someone else was in this final but the motor had been removed very quickly before someone came over to look.
You read into this what you like??
Personal rules are rules and should of been disqualified for that meeting.
(Sorry for posting on the wrong thread!!)
Old 10-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

well well
Old 10-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

No he wasn't.

Paul set a new track record in qualifying with a perfectly legal motor.

He lost his leg 2 time because the tag had come away from the armature therefore that made the motor illegal. It had passed scruntineeringfor all 4 runs up to that point.

For Leg 3 a brand new armature was purchased on the day and put in his car, he then went out and set the fastest stock lap of the day.

Questions were also asked about Kevin Akehurst's motor by certain people and this motor was also legal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.