Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Sirio engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Photos of the innards of a T3-E Sti

Just for curious and anxious to see what's on the innards, along the routine disassemble and cleaning of each motor I bought, taken some photos, sorry for not posting online are BIG, just for people look into the details.

#1 The cooling head with the Sti logo... Click here...

#2 Sleeve port. Click here...

#3 Sleeve boost port. Click here...

#4 Rear crankcase cover (nothing new here). Click here...

#5 Piston and conrod (The conrod has a serial no. engraved). Click here...

#6 Crankshaft no.1 Click here...

#7 Crankshaft no.2 (A more clean look of the serial no. that goes on almost the parts). Click here...

#8 Crankshaft no.3 (A better look of the hard coating on the crankshaft). Click here...

And... last but not least. A detail of the cottons used to clean throrough all the inner parts of the engine. Believe me, is much LESS than the dirt I've found on some engines... less but not the quantity I wanted on my engines (who is zero or almost zero). Click here...
Old 04-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Corse-R,

Thanks for the pictures. All I can say is this baby beats the Novarossi N12LL3 or the LS3 Btw, anyones knows the $ range of this motor in USA ?
Old 04-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RODS

hi my name is brett i currently own 2 MLC12-PRO 3 PORT EFRA engines and i cannot get any rods through mr collari as he has changed brands.Do sirio rods fit, all i know is that these engines are sirio based can anybody help meas i am in desprate need of 2 rods.
cheers brett
Old 04-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default PART#

The part number I have is T3I-STI. Corse is posting as T3E-STI. I'm wondering if that's the difference between EFRA and IFMAR?

Dom
Old 04-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
The part number I have is T3I-STI. Corse is posting as T3E-STI. I'm wondering if that's the difference between EFRA and IFMAR?

Dom
Easy, only the diameter of the crank passage, look on the photos I've posted and you'll see a collar on the crank, this is for reducing the diameter up to the 7mm mandated by EFRA, the IFMAR version doesn't need to bound to the stupid 7mm crank passage and the channel is bigger.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

do what collari did.........and switch to novarossi
Old 04-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corse-R
Easy, only the diameter of the crank passage, look on the photos I've posted and you'll see a collar on the crank, this is for reducing the diameter up to the 7mm mandated by EFRA, the IFMAR version doesn't need to bound to the stupid 7mm crank passage and the channel is bigger.
Excellent, exactly what I thought. Motor looks great, let us know your impression on the track, once they land in the U.S., I should be getting some.

Dom
Old 04-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this is brett again i've already swithed over to the novarossi based collari i got 2 on order.I was just supplied these sirio based engines to run at the preworlds in brisbane australia,so i just want to get the most out of them before i use them as paper weights.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:50 AM
Tech Elite

Unhappy

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
do what collari did.........and switch to novarossi
Really bad move... Let me explain to you: Novarossi, actually (and with their QC and marketing strategy) is a sinking ship. Think about it, some time ago, Mario Rossi went out of their own home just to create a new brand and allied with GRP. 3 Big brands: GRP, Mugen and SVM/Crono just go with Mario and create three brands: Ninja (for Mugen), Boss (SVM/Crono) and Falcon (for GRP).

Meanwhile the quality, along the duration of the last Nova Mills went to the ground (this is specially noticeable on the .12 engines, on .21's their last REALLY good engine was the RX21RR-WC 'Kangaroo'), their prices raise, so for more of your money, you're receiving less durability and quality (found metal particles on a RX332-PS, thanks to lord I insist on opening the engines previously to bring them fuel). The RX421 (Off Road was another big turd, their last really good engine was the P5 - and this happened some long time ago).

Mauro Collari went to nova just for money, Nova has deep pockets to spend just on trying to steer the situation, and believe me - I know what I'm saying about this. But on the market there are other brands that for less of your money, give you more durability with the same or more power output (I.E: Sirio. In no less than 4 years they came from zero to the actual situation with great bumps, no one forgets the nasty situation of the glass cranks of the Evo2 engines).

Another to look very very near is OS with their OS Speed group, yesterday I was looking at the webpage of their and looks very promising if they woke-up a little more their .12 mill.

Don't get me wrong, I used Nova based mills for a long, long time, my heart is purple (like those heads from Nova). But actually, for their price aren't competitive, just take a look to the last two or three years of race results, this means something doesn't smell very fine at Monticelli Brusati factory.

Time will tell us what has reserved for Novarossi on the future, don't consider this Blackmouthing is the reality of the last two years.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:52 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gunna do
this is brett again i've already swithed over to the novarossi based collari i got 2 on order.I was just supplied these sirio based engines to run at the preworlds in brisbane australia,so i just want to get the most out of them before i use them as paper weights.
Then break-in, get a good pitmen with a steady hand with the screwdriver and drive them hard, very hard. Doesn't matter if Collari switched to Nova, your engines are really good. Drive them like you stole them.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default U.S. availabilty

Hopfeully these new sirios have the crank problem resolved. Corse I'm curious where are the Sirios available at retail in Europe, and what is the street price for them? I know the U.S. market is supposed to receive them but it's hard to get a clear answer when they will be available to us here.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RayJ
Hopfeully these new sirios have the crank problem resolved. Corse I'm curious where are the Sirios available at retail in Europe, and what is the street price for them? I know the U.S. market is supposed to receive them but it's hard to get a clear answer when they will be available to us here.
Here are going to 325-330 Euros each, the stock ones goes around 260-275 Euros.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Corse-R,

I recently bought a Novarossi NS12S3, the one exactly likes the Mugen X12. The production year is 2006. Should I worry about it's reliability
Old 04-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Xyvern
Corse-R,

I recently bought a Novarossi NS12S3, the one exactly likes the Mugen X12. The production year is 2006. Should I worry about it's reliability
Lately, Nova .12's are like playing Russian Rulette, some goes fine, some goes bad... Really i could not say you more about durability. I've seen Novas giving the ghost at 2 liters and others go strong at 12 liters.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gunna do
hi my name is brett i currently own 2 MLC12-PRO 3 PORT EFRA engines and i cannot get any rods through mr collari as he has changed brands.Do sirio rods fit, all i know is that these engines are sirio based can anybody help meas i am in desprate need of 2 rods.
cheers brett
Check if a Sirio Rod fits your engine. If is Sirio based, at 99% of probabilities you'll be lucky and will be used without problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.