Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Trackside presents 'TRANS-AM' racing class! >

Trackside presents 'TRANS-AM' racing class!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trackside presents 'TRANS-AM' racing class!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

^^^^NICE!!^^^^
Old 11-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great report Marty. I thought I would spice it up a little.

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Trackside Hobbies, Brookfield, WI. Nov, 17, 2007.

Chevy dominated again today with the top qualifiers Camaros. The 302 has proven to be the power plant to have again.

Matt was able to overcome the 6 car invert for the full ten car field main with a clean charge to the front and a cruise to the victory.

Snowy and Doc (sounds like the the seven dwarfs to me) were in a "BATTLE ROYALE" for second honors with Snowy winning the two car upside-down slide across the line.

This is the second week in a row where the young MPH and his gorgeous green Cuda took away more points then the Hugger Orange Camaro of the series founder.

Saturday morning practice brought plenty of chassis news. New in the pits we came across Roy and his new updated Cuda. Last weeks outing left his baby blue Cuda needing too many repairs and "I just didn't like the color" stated Roy.

Fence sitter Brian rolled out his "Penske Hilton Racing" blue 68 Camaro sporting an air-o-dynamic black top roof. Penske engineers were overheard discussing the attributes of the roofs surface having the same aero effect as a golf-ball in flight. Brian’s car looked good on the track, but lacked the latest high-flow heads from Chevrolet and was down on horse power.

Doc, past Tamiya National champion debuted his In and Out Burger Camaro today. When asked how the new car was running, Doc said "The boys at Hickman racing put together an excellent package with the Epic 302 and the TA-05 chassis. This baby is easy to drive fast. I'm expecting good things today." Lap times agreed with Doc posting the event fast lap of 13.629 sec.

Long time cheer leader for the Trans-AM series Snowy was able to make the first qualifying heat after the last delivery of his Camaro body from Russ's paint shop. Snowy pounded his way through qualifying to a third place grid position before the invert. Always aggressive driver, Snowy held off the hard charge of Doc and his horse power by making his Camaro the widest car on the track.

Pete’s beautiful white AAR Cuda was a crowd favorite, but again, the Mopars were left searching for more power again.

Steve’s sexy red Shelby displayed great handling. "Mr. Shelby has provided me a great chassis in this here Mustang. Now, if only I had a motor on par with that Chevy 302" was Steves response when asked about his finish today after the race.

Rookie driver Dean displayed his raw talent today posting his fastest lap times/ This is the last week the series will run on the Mini Mayhem track. This is the only track Dean has run in his too few weeks as a driver. "I am looking forward to running on a 'long straight' track, you know the kind that made Trackside world famous."

Marty

Boomer
Old 11-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Looks like a blast but i'm not so sure I could afford running stock rubber and this. It looks like a lot of people are getting into it!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Trackside TA rule addendum:

In Trans-Am news today: Trackside has determined an addundum to the rules is required to bring parity to this already exiting class.

Begining IMEDIATLY, all 'A' main winners will be award one (1) U.S. ounce lead bar and is required and provided the privelige to mount it to their chassis and carry their award for the remainder of the points season in which the award was presented. Unfortunatly, a driver will be limited to six (6) awards per season.

Awards will be inspected each week and compared against the point standings for the season.

Please direct all questions to the Trackside race director. No further comment has been provided at this time.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by miller1990
Looks like a blast but i'm not so sure I could afford running stock rubber and this. It looks like a lot of people are getting into it!
Matt, What's to afford? Around $60 bucks for body, wheels and tires. You already have the equipment. This class has generated a new buzz and exitement around the track. Just plain low pressure fun, you remember, how it used to be and how RC racing was meant to be.

Marty

Last edited by 414MPH; 11-19-2007 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What a blast, I haven't been this excited about RC racing in quite some time. I was late for my family dinner Saturday because I just had to stay and run my main. This class is great fun

The Shelby Mustang is handling great.

Now, if only I had a motor on par with that Chevy 302" was Steves response when asked about his finish today after the race.
Looks like I will be taking the BOSS 302 into the motor shop and my head motor engineer Russ and I will be looking for ways to get more power out of her. We will be bolting on some Ford Motorsport 303 aluminum head with custom valve cuts and installing an Edebrock high lift cam. That should be good for another 30 HP.

See you all Tuesday night.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Where is the rest of my Ford brothers ???
Old 11-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Only two Mustangs Saturday
Old 11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

It's been rumored that the Mustang's and CUDA's have threatened to pull out of the Trans Am series if not allowed some sort of advantage. Due to the continued dominance of the Camaro's, is this "added weight" what they have resorted too?

What's next.... "All Camaro's must remove 1 wheel&tire after every TQ and A-main win until the Mustang's and CUDA's can keep up"?

I'll take my chances with a 1 wheeled Camaro......
Old 11-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Does the lead weight rule apply from this day forward, or is it retroactive?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racer X79
It's been rumored that the Mustang's and CUDA's have threatened to pull out of the Trans Am series if not allowed some sort of advantage. Due to the continued dominance of the Camaro's, is this "added weight" what they have resorted too?

What's next.... "All Camaro's must remove 1 wheel&tire after every TQ and A-main win until the Mustang's and CUDA's can keep up"?

There's only two Mustangs running, that's Steve and I, and neither one of us said anything, Mustang guys don't back down, we race REGARDLESS of the odds. I think it's pretty cool that we are the only two Fords in the field, it will make for an even sweeter win. It would be nice to have some more Mustang guys, Hurry up and get 'em together, we need you out there.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steven Key
Looks like I will be taking the BOSS 302 into the motor shop and my head motor engineer Russ and I will be looking for ways to get more power out of her. We will be bolting on some Ford Motorsport 303 aluminum head with custom valve cuts and installing an Edebrock high lift cam. That should be good for another 30 HP.

See you all Tuesday night.
Steve, I would stroke out that 302! 347's are good little motors!
Will you be racing on Sunday????
Dave H.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Racer X79 It's been rumored that the Mustang's and CUDA's have threatened to pull out of the Trans Am series if not allowed some sort of advantage. Due to the continued dominance of the Camaro's, is this "added weight" what they have resorted too?

LOL
I think the first wheel you need to remove is the steering wheel

Steve, I would stroke out that 302! 347's are good little motors!
Will you be racing on Sunday????
Dave H.
Good idea Dave, but aren't you running a Camaro too

My plan is to race Sunday with my new stroker motor, see you there
Old 11-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Steve, No Tuesday?????
Old 11-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bandit17
There's only two Mustangs running, that's Steve and I, and neither one of us said anything, Mustang guys don't back down, we race REGARDLESS of the odds.
E a s y ....... We're all friends here - it's all just good natured banter between brands. I do like the enthusiasm though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.