Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Trackside presents 'TRANS-AM' racing class! >

Trackside presents 'TRANS-AM' racing class!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trackside presents 'TRANS-AM' racing class!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I got some great car photos, but the files are too large. I'll have to get this figured out and post them.

Marty
Old 11-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...envsOrange.flv

Here you go Marty. Its old but oh well

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://img.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Garvil/GreenvsOrange.flv"></embed>
Old 11-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any of you Trans Am guys planning on running this Saturday
Attached Thumbnails Trackside presents 'TRANS-AM' racing class!-trans-am-mustang.jpg  
Old 11-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Steven Key
Any of you Trans Am guys planning on running this Saturday

Yep.......Had a little trouble shoehornin' the 454 in my Camaro, and now the header is overheatin' the power steering pump. But I'll 'gitter all figgerd out by high noon on Saturday.......

bruce
Old 11-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I would love to race this weekend but I have to help a buddy move!
I did some looking at my car today, found I had a bad(MSD Box)receiver
I will be back to Trackside on Thanksgiving weekend!
Dave

Last edited by dragracer72nova; 11-15-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Had a little trouble shoehornin' the 454 in my Camaro, and now the header is overheatin' the power steering pump.

Sounds like another SCCA investgation.

Real men don't need power steering pumps anyway, just pull it.

More of them damm Camaros.

Hope to see you Saturday, Doc.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like another good race on Saturday.
Hey Steve, I got another couple of hours of practice Thursday afternoon, I think I got the Mustang a little closer to where it needs to be, guess we'll see on Saturday.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

See you gear heads around 9:00 am for the first round of open practice on Saturday!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default minis

what night do u race minis?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Any thought of a big block/modified class to get the fast guys out (before they ruin it for the beginners)
Old 11-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

ben there what night do u race minis?
Ben, Tuesday nights we usally have a good heat of Minis 6 to 8 cars; TCS Tamiya rules.

No sure about Saturdays, but I know that is at least three show up Trackside will run the class.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just called the track and was told that there is even more in the Trans-am class this week. LAst week was great so this outta rock!! I will be going up to get some pictures and video.

I will post some when I get home
Old 11-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

I
am
soooooooooo
jealous!!!!!
Old 11-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

How was the Racing today???
Chevy vs Ford vs Mopar.......Who was the winner?
Dave
Old 11-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trackside Hobbies, Brookfield, WI. Nov, 17, 2007.

Chevy dominated again today with the top qualifiers Camaros. The 302 has proven to be the power plant to have again.

Mat was able to overcome the 6 car invert for the full ten car field main with a clean charge to the front and a cruise to the victory. Snowy and Doc (sounds like the the seven dwarfs to me) were in a "BATTLE ROYALE" for second honors with Snowy winning the two car upside-down slide across the line.

Team MPH's leader found it difficult to put into words when asked to comment on his early departure and DNF with only a "watch the replay, we got wrecked!" This is the second week in a row where the young MPH and his gorgeous green Cuda took away more points then the Hugger Orange Camaro of the series founder.

"If it was easy, it wouldn't be racing" said MPH in a late night interview after tempers had eased. "Pete didn't mean anything with that move, it was just racing". Pete was unavailable for comment.

Saturday morning practice brought plenty of chassis news. New in the pits we came across Roy and his new updated Cuda. Last weeks outing left his baby blue Cuda needing too many repairs and "I just didn't like the color" stated Roy.

Fence sitter Brian rolled out his "Penske Hilton Racing" blue 68 Camaro sporting an air-o-dynamic black top roof. Penske engineers were overheard discussing the attributes of the roofs surface having the same aero effect as a golf-ball in flight. Brian’s car looked good on the track, but lacked the latest high-flow heads from Chevrolet and was down on horse power.

Doc, past Tamiya National champion debuted his In and Out Burger Camaro today. When asked how the new car was running, Doc said "The boys at Hickman racing put together an excellent package with the Epic 302 and the TA-05 chassis. This baby is easy to drive fast. I'm expecting good things today." Lap times agreed with Doc posting the event fast lap of 13.629 sec.

Long time cheer leader for the Trans-AM series Snowy was able to make the first qualifying heat after the last delivery of his Camaro body from Russ's paint shop. Snowy pounded his way through qualifying to a third place grid position before the invert. Always aggressive driver, Snowy held off the hard charge of Doc and his horse power by making his Camaro the widest car on the track.

Pete’s beautiful white AAR Cuda was a crowd favorite, but again, the Mopars were left searching for more power again.

Steve’s sexy red Shelby displayed great handling. "Mr. Shelby has provided me a great chassis in this here Mustang. Now, if only I had a motor on par with that Chevy 302" was Steves response when asked about his finish today after the race.

Rookie driver Dean displayed his raw talent today posting his fastest lap times/ This is the last week the series will run on the Mini Mayhem track. This is the only track Dean has run in his too few weeks as a driver. "I am looking forward to running on a 'long straight' track, you know the kind that made Trackside world famous."

Series sponsor and promoter Scotty was asked to comment on the future circuit but declined to comment on the technical nature of the demanding terrain of the carpet at Trackside. "All I can tell ya is the new track will be ready for the Tuesday night program".

Marty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.