New Novak Brusless System

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My GTB got a little too hot!
-
And no the blue wire was not cut.

Last edited by dbmartin; 06-02-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Birky
Well I finally got my 5.5 installed tonight, but have a quick question.

When I run the motor at low throttle percentages, the motor to me sounds 'rough'. However when I get to higher percentages it gets quieter and smoother. I'm just wondering if this is normal?

Cheers
Ben
Try putting some oil on both the bearings. They usually sound rough when the bearings are dry.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It sounds like a bearing problem...

Like Drew suggested... check and oil the bearings. Another cause can be a tight endbell fit. make sure the bolts holding the motor together are an even tightness...

But a disassembly/oil should fix things...
Old 05-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dbmartin
My GTB got a little too hot!
-
And no the blue wire was not cut.

What er... happened? holy crap....

It's the first one i've seen though which has to be a good thing...
Old 05-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Guys, its just disappointing that its brand new.

From what I have been reading there seems to be some quality control problems at Novak of late.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a Novak GTB system with a 4.5 motor. But I was wondering about 1 thing.
Do any of you know how Novak Support is here in Europe?? I mean, I'm reading a lot about faulty escs in this tread and I dont wanna send it to the states every time something is wrong with it. (yes, I'm buying online from the States for a decent price :-) )

Btw... Is the fan somewhat shockproof??

(I know I can also buy LRP, but I've seen a lot of them go bad as well and I wanna try somethin else then the others here in Belgium)

Greetz

Quante
Old 05-22-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Quante
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a Novak GTB system with a 4.5 motor. But I was wondering about 1 thing.
Do any of you know how Novak Support is here in Europe?? I mean, I'm reading a lot about faulty escs in this tread and I dont wanna send it to the states every time something is wrong with it. (yes, I'm buying online from the States for a decent price :-) )

Btw... Is the fan somewhat shockproof??

(I know I can also buy LRP, but I've seen a lot of them go bad as well and I wanna try somethin else then the others here in Belgium)

Greetz
Quante
Yo' Quante, welcome to the club..... I also have a Novak brushless system and it failed. I've sent it to the States and get it back on +-25 days....
I also bought it on the States and believe me, Novak support is very good, Charlie is a really nice guy, and the only drawback I´ve seen on purchasing Novak is that I think here in EU you have 2 years warranty (if you buy LRP here they have to give you that), Novak gives you ony 120 days and on the States... if you go to German sites check the prices, I think is cheaper to buy a Novak 4.5 set than an LRP competition plus a 4 star... even considering shipping and customs (sometimes you can get them without taxes, but from States, at least here in Spain, is quite difficult...)
Old 05-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Yep, the LRP system is quite expensive down here (even if I get it from Germany it'll go for about 330€ and the Novak set will be 200€ including shipping.
Normally Taxes can be avoided if the shop doesnt put any bill in it and sends it to you as a gift. You can try it, that really works!!

From the warranty point of view, if you read the small print on the LRP system they offer "limited" lifetime warranty so you cant really trust this. I've seen to many LRP stuf break and you can tell me what you want, they wont replace a 4 year old speedo thats gone bad.... they'd be out of business in No time.

But 25 days huh, not too bad, lets just hope I dontneed to send it in.... ever....

Is the GTB small enough to get into a 1/12??? and perhaps no fan is needed when driving 4 cells???
Does anybody know an answer to these questions??
Old 05-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Yep, the LRP system is quite expensive down here (even if I get it from Germany it'll go for about 330€ and the Novak set will be 200€ including shipping.
Normally Taxes can be avoided if the shop doesnt put any bill in it and sends it to you as a gift. You can try it, that really works!!

From the warranty point of view, if you read the small print on the LRP system they offer "limited" lifetime warranty so you cant really trust this. I've seen to many LRP stuf break and you can tell me what you want, they wont replace a 4 year old speedo thats gone bad.... they'd be out of business in No time.

But 25 days huh, not too bad, lets just hope I dontneed to send it in.... ever....

Is the GTB small enough to get into a 1/12??? and perhaps no fan is needed when driving 4 cells???
Does anybody know an answer to these questions??
send me a pm with this shop, as tower doesn't do that.... and as I'm planning to get a 4.5 too! it is indeed cheaper than the lrp, as you said....
Old 05-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default GTB Lights

I've got a 2nd hand GTB and 5.5R and it does fly! However, it keeps thermalling, even on cold UK days I can't get it to run for more then 3min30secs.

Also, from the instructions I downloaded from the Novak site, at neutral, the red light should be on. In my case, only the orange light is on. Is this indicative of a fault?

HELP! Before I go back to brushed motors in frustration!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey TraceRacing, I'd send your question to Novak directly. They're very good about answering questions. I believe you can reach them at [email protected].
Old 05-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TraceRacing
I've got a 2nd hand GTB and 5.5R and it does fly! However, it keeps thermalling, even on cold UK days I can't get it to run for more then 3min30secs.

Also, from the instructions I downloaded from the Novak site, at neutral, the red light should be on. In my case, only the orange light is on. Is this indicative of a fault?

HELP! Before I go back to brushed motors in frustration!
what gear ratio are you running?
Old 05-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi quante,

I few weeks ago i saw the brushless system of GM running in megadrom. It was very fast and it drove the whole 5 minites on high bite carpet without termaling. Its for now the best system i have seen running. I have also seen two GTB systems (4,5) and one LRP system (4stars) that could not drive 5 minutes.
I think i ame going to buy the GM system at HK modelbau in germany. It costs 200€ for a 4,5 motor+esc. And if its broken then i can just drive to the shop.
HK is just 1u30min driving from Antwerp.

Its the only powerfull setup i have seen that can drive 5 minutes.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Lo Sitting Duck,

Megadrom huh, I drive there as well in Winter season (allthough I've been more to VIOL this year).

The thing I dont like about the GM is the size of it, its too long to get into my RDX properly... Otherwise I also heard some good things about it.

As for overheating problems, I think the biggest problem is correct gearing, especially on a track like Megadrom. The system will be used outside on an RDX and inside on a 1/12th on 4 cells, in the 1/12 I dont expect any heating probs, in the touring I'll have to wait and see.

I must say I had been thinking about the GM as well, but like I said, the size is the downside.

I ordered the Novak system yesterday so I'll wait and see. I just hope I dont see it go up in smoke cause if I have to send it in...

Maybe we'll meet in Geilenkirchen one time!!

Greetz

Quanten (Btw, I'm the friend of Niels Meurs and Johnny Matthieu )
Old 05-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lo Sitting Duck,

Megadrom huh, I drive there as well in Winter season (allthough I've been more to VIOL this year).

The thing I dont like about the GM is the size of it, its too long to get into my RDX properly... Otherwise I also heard some good things about it.

As for overheating problems, I think the biggest problem is correct gearing, especially on a track like Megadrom. The system will be used outside on an RDX and inside on a 1/12th on 4 cells, in the 1/12 I dont expect any heating probs, in the touring I'll have to wait and see.

I must say I had been thinking about the GM as well, but like I said, the size is the downside.

I ordered the Novak system yesterday so I'll wait and see. I just hope I dont see it go up in smoke cause if I have to send it in...

Maybe we'll meet in Geilenkirchen one time!!

Greetz

Quanten (Btw, I'm the friend of Niels Meurs and Johnny Matthieu )
GM has a new brushless system coming soon i saw Marc Fisher driving the prototype of the hole new Genius 95 and the new brushless sensored GM Motor and it was goddammed fast!
Greetings Ollie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.