Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :) >

mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)

Thank to KoE, I manage to get my mamba competitionX.

I tested it out with a not so good quality 6 cells battery pack and it is owesome. The speed. It is speechless and unbelieveable until you see it yourself.

My micro is uncontrollable. I think I need to zip tie the dual link setup so it is more sturdy.

With just 6 cells battery and 13T pinion, I cant afford to blink my eye cause I would have lost it.

going to try out again later. And thank to KoE again. If not I wouldnt be able to experience this cool thing.

cheers~~
Old 10-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hi boyd, i am dieung fren... use the 4200kv motor or 6800 kv mamba motor?
Old 10-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

hi eng tat,

yeah i know i added you in my MSN list. i was not available for the past few days.

i bought the8000kv and man~~!!! that thing and with a set of wings, my micro can fly. i need more cash to tune my micro. the tires ballooned until it catches the chassis.

it need to have a good battery pack in order to get the maximum performance and with thenormal battery, the mamba just pushing it to the limit....

cheers~~
Old 10-13-2004, 01:04 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

glad you like them boyd
Old 10-13-2004, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by KoE
glad you like them boyd
hehehe.... it is a blast KoE, hehehe... i just found a cheap battery cell that i need to get to my "prefect tune" micro goal. at the website it is USD1.45 and it is available somewhere in KL.

i emailed the person and he replied it cost me USD1.97 which is so much more expensive even when i order it from US. it was dream come through when i found the website... until i got the reply..... sigh..
Old 10-24-2004, 02:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

boydnhl,

Hello there. Mind letting me know where u got the Mamba from?? Im kinda interested in it. I have a micro but right now its running a big block only. Where do you normally play your micro??? Wanna see how fast the car is with a mamba. Thanks.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by FurtiveZero
boydnhl,

Hello there. Mind letting me know where u got the Mamba from?? Im kinda interested in it. I have a micro but right now its running a big block only. Where do you normally play your micro??? Wanna see how fast the car is with a mamba. Thanks.
Hi there FurtiveZero, I got the mamba from Jon, www.UnitedRC.com. You will need to have credit card in order to buy the mamba via PayPal. if you dont have credit card, PM me and i might be able to help you out.

He pack up the mamba setup nicely into a box and filled it up with the bits of foam. The mamba box itself is a very good quality type. hardtype box with foams to protect the parts in the box.

Believe me, I used to have something similar to big block. Just that less torgue, S300 and this mamba is uncomparable to big block, tuneS300 or 8 cells kyosho 280 motor. The speed and torque is nothing to mamba. I use 17T composite pinion and yet still get the desirable start up speed with some slipping. now i have to figure a way to reduce the rear ball differential slipping and the pinion slipping. perhaps i might go back to the stock rear gear differential. just to let you know, the hpi tires wore out fast with this motor. better prepare for this.

normally i ran my micro on my hostel parking lot. once in a while i ran it is astria track. dont really like the track cause it is so dusty and lotsa pebbles. i crack my body due to some crashes on the track and the pebbles, dust are killing me. the crack is not those normal crack, it is at those places unimaginable and luckily it still canbe use. parking lot are cleaner than the track and besides, it just a few steps away from my hostel in campus.

cheers~~
Old 10-25-2004, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default hotbodies 1/18 minizilla

check it out minizilla by hotbodies...

pic1
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-front_s.jpg  
Old 10-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

hotbodies 1/18 minizilla

pic2
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-headon_s.jpg  
Old 10-25-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

hotbodies 1/18 minizilla

pic3
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-370_s.jpg  
Old 10-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

hotbodies 1/18 minizilla

pic 4
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-diff_s.jpg  
Old 10-26-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

hotbodies 1/18 minizilla

pic5
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-rear_s.jpg  
Old 10-26-2004, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

hotbodies 1/18 minizilla

pic6
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-side_s.jpg  
Old 10-26-2004, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

hotbodies 1/18 minizilla

pic7

if you guys want more information, check this out.

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/minizilla.html
Attached Thumbnails mamba brushless for 1/18, just want to let you guys know :)-minizilla.jpg  
Old 10-27-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

The mini-zilla is just soo cool ,
Hope Its available here soon ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.