Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast Hobby Break-in

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default West Coast Hobby Break-in

West Coast Hobby in Richland Wa.

Last night we were broken into and completely cleaned out. Including all of my personal stuff along with Bretts and Travis's.

If anybody sees someone trying to sell a trunk load of R/C please let me know. All of our TC3's, radio's, chargers, batteries and motors were taken. The store was hit very hard with only a few things left.

Any leads would be appreciated.

You can reach me at 509 375-4995 or [email protected].

Thanks,
Darren
Old 02-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: West Coast Hobby Break-in

You might want to get a list of all the stuff that was stolen and send it to ALL the hobbie stores in the tri state area. We had some jerks doing the same thing a few years back, they hit all the stores here and got away with a bunch of stuff,there was talk that some of it showed up, up north but I'm not sure what. any ways I hope the dirt bags get caught and the book thrown at them.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

SO lame...... I am tired of pieces of crap doing stuff like this. I hope they get the clap from a rusty kitchen appliance....

I emailed Brett, but if you see him first, let him know I will have a car and gear for him to use at the showdown. Not the way I wanted to convert him to a losi......tis life I guess.

You had insurance right Darren????

Later EddieO
Old 02-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

That's just crap...I'll keep looking around on ebay, it's worth a shot.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Grief struck condolances Darren, Brett and Travis,

Sincerely hope you recover from this outrageous episode as you provide a fantastic service to all your racing community.

Don't give up. Jacko
Old 02-16-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default I hope you catch em

If only we could get them before the cops do, then we could have our own justice. Hey darren, the only people I saw on Sunday were the dad and his kid that were practicing out back when I was there, but they don't seem the type. I do know that some kids were on the storage unit side of the fence watching me practice 1/8 scale, I didn't get a good look and they only watched for a few minutes, do you have any ideas? of who mabye? What were the big items so I can look out for them, like what would they most likely put on e-bay to make a quick buck. Brett has my cell # if you need and help...sorry dude this really sucks. good luck Jeff Martizia
Old 02-16-2004, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

Best wishes to you guys...

I posted this topic on the front page of the rcccs website. Someone has got to see/hear something.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Darren, that sucks. Hopefully you are insured. I will never understand why people do the things they do. When you say Brett and Trav's stuff was taken also do you mean Brett Sisley and Schreven? Hopefully you catch who it was.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Darren, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out..........
Old 02-17-2004, 07:48 AM

Darren's TC3 has a chassis that has been machined to move the cells over toward the center, and the place where the radio gear sits has been milled down as well. It will look very clean. It also has titanium screws throughout. Brett's TC3 is dirty and old, but it has a distinct feature- a top deck made of SSG Graphite. Travis' TC3 is pretty much a standard FT TC3. Maybe post the personal transponder #'s ??

Hey Darren you can run my car in Spokane if you still want to go. See you tonight.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down This Sucks

Donny-

It was actually me, Brett Bowen, and Travis Watts, local guys.. Also Shawn Biglin had all of his Touring car stuff up there....Everything.
Shawns car also had a Top deck like mine, and Clamp on hubs.. Other than that it was a standard FT TC3. My car had all IRS outdrives and Dogbones as well, silver shaft....
We cant let this slide and hope for the best.. We need to work and find the punks that did this.

Eddie, Email me with your number, ill give ya a call about the showdown... I appreciate the offer. We need to help Darren out as much as possible. That track was there for one reason, and that was to give the Tri-Cities a place to race. Darren devoted a good chunk of his life to giving us a place to race. Those of you that know Darren know why the track was there, and it wasnt to make money. Its truly a pleasure to work for him.
If anyone knows ANYTHING, please let any of us know.

Thanks a lot,
And we WILL CATCH YOU!!

-Brett Bowen
Old 02-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

do you guys have any pics of your cars??? If we know what to look for it might be easier to find them.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pictures

Has anyone got pics from previous races this year? I saw some people taking pictures at Puyallup, and the big race we had in Tri-Cities in December..

Thanks,
Brett
Old 02-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that is terrible, i cant believe how stupid some people are. i hope the guys get caught.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

^^^ Me too. This is just horrible. KEEP YOUR EYES OUT, GUYS!!!!! LET'S HELP THEM FIND THEIR STUFF!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.