Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO Propo awesome servo $40 new??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Hopefully this will clear some things up guys.
Can this Servo be used with a esc that doesnt have a fet lead?
Yes but your defeating the purpose and wont get the specs posted due to ONLY running 6.0Volts.
The Coil goes inbetween the Esc Blue wire and the servo wire.It's all in the manual.
Guys this is a nice deal but JR has a new servo that is a lil nicer and not the headache this is.
Metal gears are NOT needed for most offroad buggy racing,onroad racing with a servo saver and more.Metal geared is nice in most nitro vehicles.
Digital servo's are nice but most of the time offer NO benefit unless your using a Digital radio that benefits off using them.
Mars R,3PK and more.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if your esc doesn't have a fet lead, i believe you can run the fet lead from the servo direct to your battery to get the 7V.

i've done this with some slower non-fet servos in an effort to increase the performance. it certainly works, but i suppose it's useable life is being compromised by risking premature motor wear.

if the servo is rated for 7 volts, i see no reason that this would be detrimental. as long as there is a signal wire from the receiver for control, it should be fine.

- also, notice on that site that there is a 2113 for $97. i thought it was just a lack of updated status or price, but the part number is different from the special. i'm not sure of whether or not it is a different servo, but something worth noting nonetheless.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for all the help guys. I just ordered one. I'll letcha all know how it works out once it gets here, which will hopefully be before the weekend so I can test it out at the track.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got my servo today (Thurs. 22nd) after ordering it Monday night (the 19th). Needless to say, this is very fast. KO is really a great company.

Anyways, to the product. The servo was promply installed into my TC3 after receiving it. The thing is great. The servo is very fast and powerful (0.06 sec. & 131 oz/in.). It really lives up to everything labeled. Everything is working out perfectly. This is the best servo you can get for the money currently. I really love it. Do not hesitate on getting this one if you do not already have a high speed servo. Let me know if you have any questions.

-etzkev
Old 02-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

yup, got one too.

you just can't go wrong for $39. i haven't used it yet, but i got it all the way in ohio in just three days.

props to propo.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone tried the 2123 metal gears in the 2113 yet? Except for the 2123 being digital the specs appear to be identical.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

i got my 2113 last week, as well as a metal gear set for the 2123.

in anticipation of satisfactory performance of the 2113, i purchased the metal gear set for the 2123. our track has the digital, but not the gear set, so i threw one in there.

i don't believe the two are interchangeable, as the cases are different model numbers. it may have to do with the bearings. i'll bust mine apart to verify, but i am skeptical that the metal gears will fit.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Post your results! I am very curious to see if this works out. I would greatly appreciate that.

LMK,
etzkev
Old 02-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

results:

- the metal output gear (w/spline) appears to be a direct fit. i stopped here, as i don't mind the plastic gears for the others and i was beginning to contaminate the whole assembly with my fingers. it appears that the geartrain is a direct fit.

my only concern is that maybe the metal gear may space the outer bearing out further causing the case to compress it ever so slightly. the only reason i say this is because there was some play (in and out) on the plastic gear, but it seems that all of it is removed with the metal one. the case went together well, sealing completely with little force, and does not show any signs of bulging. the screws did not force the case closed.

i think it is a go here. i am happy to announce this, as i was disappointed that the plasitc output gear had play in the case, and was slightly undersized causing my servo horn to flex, and be a little sloppy. it was generally imprecise.

seems worlds better now.

and if and when the 2123 becomes the primary servo, it is nice to know that the 2113 can give loaner gears if needed.

by the way, this servo is ridiculously fast using the 7.2v lead.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Be careful when setting your endpoints on the Fet Servo. Mine stripped out because the endpoints were too far out. I had another strip because the arm wasn't tight. The one thats in it now had no issues at the track this past weekend.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

I got mine today. Tried it out in the basement only but it seems awesome. Fast very smooth feeling, but ill have to see how it works on the track yet.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by seaball
results:

- the metal output gear (w/spline) appears to be a direct fit. i stopped here, as i don't mind the plastic gears for the others and i was beginning to contaminate the whole assembly with my fingers. it appears that the geartrain is a direct fit.

my only concern is that maybe the metal gear may space the outer bearing out further causing the case to compress it ever so slightly. the only reason i say this is because there was some play (in and out) on the plastic gear, but it seems that all of it is removed with the metal one. the case went together well, sealing completely with little force, and does not show any signs of bulging. the screws did not force the case closed.

i think it is a go here. i am happy to announce this, as i was disappointed that the plasitc output gear had play in the case, and was slightly undersized causing my servo horn to flex, and be a little sloppy. it was generally imprecise.

seems worlds better now.

and if and when the 2123 becomes the primary servo, it is nice to know that the 2113 can give loaner gears if needed.

by the way, this servo is ridiculously fast using the 7.2v lead.
Seaball, I need to get the Metal Gear set, as I broke my plastic gears. The problem is that the metal gear set doesn't come with a servo horn screw (correct me if I'm wrong), and I dont have anything to go in there, unless Hitec and the KO screws are interchangable. Is there any where to get that screw? I just need to know what I can do!

Thanks,
etzkev
Old 02-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

yeah, it's a 3mm screw. every import kit in the world uses these.

your lhs will have these as well.

lata.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks so much. Ill be on the look out for that screw.

-etzkev
Old 02-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

3mm is the same size as a motor screw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.