Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Team Tekin New Speedos >

Team Tekin New Speedos

Team Tekin New Speedos

Old 04-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It's not a theory to me; just what I have seen and touched. I've seen tekin prez's and ty's cars with the castle esc and motor in them. I was told it was the Tekin system prototype. Same thing with the mini rage system.

Maybe things have changed since then, I don't know, but from that point forward I have not heard of a total rethink of the direction they were going at that time. So I'm fairly certain there is still a relationship between Castle and Tekin.

This is not to say it's a bad thing. I hope they put out a great system soon. I am not picky about the origins of a good thing. I'll buy it if it's price and performance work for me.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
You referenced his posts in the following posts of your own:

Yeah, I know he did, but I wasn't going to say anything.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Yeah, I know he did, but I wasn't going to say anything.
Sorry It was just bugging me. I couldnt help myself.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I responded to your implication that I was a Tekin fanboy in #410. Everything else in my posts was directed to or8ital. Doesn't matter anyways, if you want to continue this discussion you can pm me. I don't want clog up this thread with more useless stuff. To that end I will apologize to Tekin for posting irrelevant stuff on their thread.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:00 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gacjr0
It's not a theory to me; just what I have seen and touched. I've seen tekin prez's and ty's cars with the castle esc and motor in them. I was told it was the Tekin system prototype. Same thing with the mini rage system.

Maybe things have changed since then, I don't know, but from that point forward I have not heard of a total rethink of the direction they were going at that time. So I'm fairly certain there is still a relationship between Castle and Tekin.

This is not to say it's a bad thing. I hope they put out a great system soon. I am not picky about the origins of a good thing. I'll buy it if it's price and performance work for me.
Lots of companies get help from other manufactures. Happens every day in R/C and in about every business you could imagine. You think Walmart brand soda is made by them. Not one of the bigger companies makes and bottles it Walmart labels. Same thing as in R/C for Speedos. Futaba uses the LRP Quantums, KO is used for the Hara Brand speedos. Nothing new here.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default This is what I've been saying for ever.

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
from rumors i've heard, it won't matter soon when it comes to Spec classes like 10.5/4300 or 13.5 if ROAR goes to the watt rating system. Watts would become the standard for determing what class your BL will run in. winds would become a non-issue. in testing LRP's 15.5 was just as fast as a Novak 13.5, Orion over in Europe has been testing their 13.5 and 10.5 and they are faster than the Novak counterparts. That is probably the reason for just going with WATT ratings to classify spec class BL motors

you could end up with situations/examples below:

Stock BL 180-210 watt class
Novak 13.5,
Lrp 15.5
Tekin 19.5 sensorless
Orion 16.5
Mamba 18.5 sensorless

Spec Mod 220-240 watt class (like 19T, 10.5/4300)
Novak 10.5
LRP 11.5
Orion 13.5
Tekin 14.5 sensorless
Mamba 15.5 sensorless

if ROAR adopts this method the motors wouldn't probably even have their winds listed. example: Novak 10.5 would become a Novak 235Watt. sensored or sensorless won't matter then
This is what I have been saying needs to happen for the last two years in brushless just in discreat corners . It is the only way to keep up with new tecnolgy and keep a level playing field at the same time . WOW fastho you agree with me how about that . Hell must frozen over .
Old 04-27-2007, 10:05 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Bayless
This is what I have been saying needs to happen for the last two years in brushless just in discreat corners . It is the only way to keep up with new tecnolgy and keep a level playing field at the same time . WOW fastho you agree with me how about that . Hell must frozen over .
I like the idea as well. Every brand will pretty much fall into the catagorys listed. Great idea.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Don't know when it happened, but the R1 manual is up at team tekin .com.
Read it now and be able to drop it in the minute you get yours!
Old 04-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

gacjr0, I'll help you out and post the direct link to the R1 Manual.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by gacjr0
It's not a theory to me; just what I have seen and touched. I've seen tekin prez's and ty's cars with the castle esc and motor in them. I was told it was the Tekin system prototype.
You also saw us testing the orange and blue units. We might have fibbed a little, we were testing to see what it was going to take to handle a TC mod load. You did not see the mini. They are very similiar in shape due to the fet layout we all use. Put 12 fets on a pcb in a 3 leg H bridge layout and see what shape it is. We do use more micro than most and than we need because we have all the leds to run and need more I/O's. We have looked at all the competition and have had many opportunities to OEM products. People contact me on a regular basis offering us products or services, we are Tekin.

In the end we chose to develop a system from the ground up. I assure you I personally know every component on these products, can draw most of the schematic from memory, can almost recite the firmware, spend hours on the bench and even more hours on the track. I invite you to have a technical conversation with me on how a speedo works anytime.

We have put our heart and soul into every one of these products. They are unmatched by any other unit available in terms of size, performance and features. We have a full length carpet track in our building and a offroad track where we chase down the smallest of annoying behavior problems. We did exactly what we intended, build the very best products possible. These products will never be available under any other brand. They are all Tekin products, period.

Regardless of who machines our solder post, cut and strips our wire or loads the components, it is the employees of Tekin that make the products what they are. We conceive, design, test and improve, final assemble and package every product.

We actually have raw circuit boards loaded in 3 US locations and tested for basic function. Typical of any company that does not have a million dollars worth of component placement equipment. Soldering these tiny parts is an art as much as a science. Allows us to concentrate on the important part of product development which is making it work perfect in all applications and in the hands of bafoons.

ROAR – Currently there is a proposal for stock brushless being discussed. There has been little feedback thus far. We should know more in the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
BRL just announced that they are making "N" the only motor for 13.5 and 10.5 classes. Many tracks have or will follow this line of thought. even though BRL covers onroad oval racing, many tracks that race roadcourse use BRL rules.
If they want to have one company supply all the products for a race league then you better hope they also supply all the sponsorships. We just ask that our products be considered and if they are too good I can live with that. If they are too slow no one will buy them. If they are just right they should be allowed or we just have to find somewhere else to play. I will donate enough motors to make our own league if I have to.

Originally Posted by or8ital
My LHS contacted Tekin and the word they got from them was that these Speedos were a really important release for them and they knew they needed to get them out soon. They said if they werent out by 6/1 then there would be no more Tekin.

Just what I heard for what its worth.
I did say it, however as already suggested it is being taken out of context. It was meant simply to demonstrate that getting these products released is more important to us than any of the customers who are becoming disgruntled with our delays.

Some good news is that the FX series is off the bench and on the track. Thus far it is performing extremely well. I had forgotten how smooth a good brushed motor really is, and how much work it is to keep the fast ones fast. I will sneak out a pic.

The B1and B1R are also performing excellent and in production. I believe this is the only micro reversing speedo that can handle the low turn mod motors and has all the features of its big brothers.

The R1 is almost perfect and headed into production. Motors are still at least a month out because no one ever does what they say unfortunately. Yes we admit it, someone builds our motors for us. Actually 4 someones that are still trying to impress us and just have not made it to the dance with the repeatable quality and performance we demand.

We drive the slotted motors pretty good, we just want to drive them better. We may offer a slotted motor for the stock class, it does have a different feel.

Tekin Prez
Old 04-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Jim- Thanks for the honest update. I am still looking forward to running the R1 Pro. Tell Scooter I am still waiting on getting an R1 Pro to test for the off road segment at the ECNS (East Coast Nitro Series) running in the newly added Pro Truck class (brushless Li-Po) and we are running 20 minute mains. There are orange boxes everywhere in this series and can't wait to get the Tekin system out there and show the other racers what the Tekin system can do. Thanks Jim.

Doug Tudor
Old 04-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

like i said B4 tekin take your time
i just want it good.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

@team tekin

I´m planning on converting an 8th scale buggy to brushless.

will your monster brushless system be suitable for my plan, and will it be released as soon as the r1 basic system?

thanks
Old 04-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Thanks for the candid update. The size of this speedo sounds great. Also can't wait to hear the ROAR proposal as there needs to be stock brushless rules put in place...

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
You also saw us testing the orange and blue units.
I guess I was just confused since that green esc and motor were in your cars and trucks so long, and were there before the mamba came out. You publicly telling everyone who walked by at our tracks and at the on road nationals that this green system is the tekin prototype didn't help.

Last edited by gacjr0; 05-13-2007 at 08:13 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.