Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Try some o-rings between the straps and the clip. Combined w/ the foam padding, as previously suggested, on the underside of the strap you can achive a really tight fit. Think it should be legal!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thx guys, I'll give it a try.... Still haven't figured out how to post a photo?
If someone has a minute to explain it, that would be great! PM me if you don't mind....
Old 04-06-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Does anybody know where I can get cheap tires and wheels for TCS?
Old 04-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Cheap TCS tires and wheels exist in the same place the Easter Bunny exists.

Speedtechrc.com sells them though
Old 04-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

WWW.RC-CHAMP.CO.JP
Originally Posted by bigb11
Does anybody know where I can get cheap tires and wheels for TCS?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

I usually just attach a JPEG when posting. Just go down to where it says manage attachments, then browse for your pic, then attach.
Originally Posted by rctouringracer
Thx guys, I'll give it a try.... Still haven't figured out how to post a photo?
If someone has a minute to explain it, that would be great! PM me if you don't mind....
Old 04-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Testing!
Now you can see what I was talking about with the whole battery post thing! Thats a pretty big gap!
Thanks Core Creations....
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-dsc00785.jpg  
Old 04-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default brace

Part of your situation is that you are running the old 3000 packs where the cells are a little smaller. Definately you're going to have to fill that space with the foam and o-rings.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

I have 4200's just the 3000's were on the table at the time! I really doesn't raise it up that much higher with the other cells in...
Old 04-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rctouringracer
Testing!
Now you can see what I was talking about with the whole battery post thing! Thats a pretty big gap!
Thanks Core Creations....
Theres 3 ways to fix that, but only 2 are TCS legal.

1. After putting on your strap, place O-rings over the post then secure everything with the clips like you normally would.(downside-you'll have to pull off the O-rings everytime you swap packs. You could cut this task in half by only releasing the front of the strap when changing packs. But still this is a pain)

2. Put cusion foam strips on the bottom of your strap to raise it up, but still keep the pack nice and secure. Losi makes some nice foam strips for the JRX-S that would work nicely. (downside-nobody really likes to have to put this foam on the bottom of the strap. It makes it look weird and takes away from the 'factory' look of a carbon strap. But you do what ya gotta do to make stuff fit!)

3. Cut down the the two mounts where the post screw into. Make SURE you pre-tap the holes again as you will be going lower into the chassis than you would have if you hadn't lowered the post mounts. This step is a MUST, as the aluminum strap post WILL break if you try to thread them in without pre-tapping the hole again. Ask me how I know! (downside-TCS rules look down upon any cutting of anything on the chassis. So this is likely not TCS legal)
Old 04-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

2. Put cusion foam strips on the bottom of your strap to raise it up, but still keep the pack nice and secure. Losi makes some nice foam strips for the JRX-S that would work nicely. (downside-nobody really likes to have to put this foam on the bottom of the strap. It makes it look weird and takes away from the 'factory' look of a carbon strap. But you do what ya gotta do to make stuff fit!)
As a subnote to Darkseid's suggestion, I use a Tamiya foam time insert (#53295?). This allows you to accomadate a variety of batteries with out cutting down the chassis, but as Darkseid noted it takes away from the 'factory' look.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

OK, my TA05R is due next week and I keep getting other things (except my new car) delivered which is getting me even more psyched. I mentioned I've been away for a few years so there have been many changes to standard racing electronics since the hay-day of my YR4 and NI-CAD 2000's.

Just a few questions if I may ask:

*** I ordered a few new packs - Intellect 3800's. But I thought I'd stick with my old ESC for now - Novak Cyclone TC. Will today's higher capacity NIMH's play nice with my older Novak or will I see smoke? I am running Stock and/or 19T.

*** Are the on-car fans more for mod motors / classes? What are the benefits to the electronics versus the added weight/balance issues to the car?

*** What's the deal with the personal transponders? Are they so people can avoid a last minute addition (regular borrowed transponder) to the car set-up? Do the work immediately with standard track lap counters?

Thanks for any info!!
Old 04-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Your Novak Cyclone will be 100% fine. No problems with the new cells.

You can run a motor fan, but it's overkill in my opinion unless you run mod or in the desert.

Personal transponders are awesome. It's a hassle to get house transponders every round and it is easier to find a place on the car to ballance it than a standard AMB transponder. The software needs to be AMB-RC edition to read a personal.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Your Novak Cyclone will be 100% fine. No problems with the new cells.

You can run a motor fan, but it's overkill in my opinion unless you run mod or in the desert.

Personal transponders are awesome. It's a hassle to get house transponders every round and it is easier to find a place on the car to ballance it than a standard AMB transponder. The software needs to be AMB-RC edition to read a personal.
Thanks for the info!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Double Quattro
OK, my TA05R is due next week and I keep getting other things (except my new car) delivered which is getting me even more psyched. I mentioned I've been away for a few years so there have been many changes to standard racing electronics since the hay-day of my YR4 and NI-CAD 2000's.

Just a few questions if I may ask:

*** I ordered a few new packs - Intellect 3800's. But I thought I'd stick with my old ESC for now - Novak Cyclone TC. Will today's higher capacity NIMH's play nice with my older Novak or will I see smoke? I am running Stock and/or 19T.

*** Are the on-car fans more for mod motors / classes? What are the benefits to the electronics versus the added weight/balance issues to the car?

*** What's the deal with the personal transponders? Are they so people can avoid a last minute addition (regular borrowed transponder) to the car set-up? Do the work immediately with standard track lap counters?

Thanks for any info!!
I run a Cyclone in my 05 and have never had a problem. I run 4200's and have run everything from silver can to 10 turn double. Great speedo even if it isn't that small.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.