Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Corally RDX Touring Car >

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Old 04-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My home track is a little strange. When I ment low traction carpet I really ment LOW traction carpet. so the setup will do some funky stuff in different conditions. Jason's carpet setup should be good though. Good rubber setups are almost never easy to drive in my opinion though. They will always feel kinda skaty, you just have to drive it. My rubber setups generally have a lot of steering in the middle and exit of the corner. Thats just how I generally like my cars.

If you are more acustomed running foams.... rubber tire carpet racing is a whole different ball game. just requires a different driving style in my opinion.

-Korey
Old 04-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Is there a general consensus on the best replacement body posts to use on the RDX? I am assuming everyone is like me and can't stand the threaded posts corally includes.
I can't speak for everybody else, but I've been using the HPI posts since day one, and haven't had a single bit of trouble. The even fit through the holes in the bumper and bumper plate properly. You'll want to buy two of these since only two of the posts are usable, and then possibly a third for spares.

Link: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXGNV4&P=K
Old 04-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Is there a general consensus on the best replacement body posts to use on the RDX? I am assuming everyone is like me and can't stand the threaded posts corally includes.
HPI Part Number 6507. You will need two kits for the car.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I love the threaded body posts. No pesky clips to lose in a crash. Kinda reminds me of the old Bolink ones from days gone by.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey all,

I am new to corally just sold all my xray gear. I bought my RDX a few weeks ago but I am struggling with rear grip. I run rubber tyres on asphalt is there any ways of getting more grip easily? I have also found the car is very snappy on power but the chassis is not tweaked is there any other obvious answers for this?

Thanks ++CORALLY++

Last edited by ++CORALLY++; 04-03-2006 at 02:57 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Harder front springs is a quick fix.

Cheers
Peter
Old 04-03-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

When i was at my local track, I opened up the silve spring set, and in since there not colored labeled, they all went over the place. Can someone tell me how to find out the correct springs or a way how to match them up with their appropiate spring rate?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

They are coded by the number of coils each spring has. This number of coils should also be labeled on the box they came in so you can tell which springs are which weight!
Old 04-03-2006, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

I happen to like them much better than the clips. I make sure though that my posts are short enough so that I only have to screw them down several turns each
Old 04-03-2006, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

The number of turns in and the spring rate should be written on the front of the package. Hold the spring with the beginning of the first coil facing you. then count the coils down to the bottom without turning the spring. and there you go, just don't spin the spring while you count is it a 4-1/2 or 4-3/4...?????

we've all done it, wish they were painted
Old 04-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ++CORALLY++
Hey all,

I am new to corally just sold all my xray gear. I bought my RDX a few weeks ago but I am struggling with rear grip. I run rubber tyres on asphalt is there any ways of getting more grip easily? I have also found the car is very snappy on power but the chassis is not tweaked is there any other obvious answers for this?

Thanks ++CORALLY++
What type of tires and whats the grip like for the asphalt? Also, what is your rear toe-in set at? (how many shims between the bulkhead and the roll center block?) and where are your front and rear camber links at? and what springs/shock oils are you running?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
What type of tires and whats the grip like for the asphalt? Also, what is your rear toe-in set at? (how many shims between the bulkhead and the roll center block?) and where are your front and rear camber links at? and what springs/shock oils are you running?
i am using take off 27's and the track is fairly low grip i run 2 degrees toe infront camber link are bottom row second from the right rear is the same on the rear hub i have it on the bottom right i run standard 17 springs all round (but i have 2 full sets of croally springs) and 30 weight oil all round
Old 04-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Go to 50 wt oil in front, with a 19 lb (or 22 if the car still is loose) front spring and a 14 lb rear spring. That should get you in the ballpark.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I would also go to 1 degree total (1/2 each side) of front toe out. On a low grip situation, I would run 1 1/2 to 2 degree's of rear toe in and go from there. Also, are you running a front diff, spool, or one way? If it's a one way, take that out and put in either the spool or diff. Either one of those will definately give you some push.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey, I have about 200 bux to spend, and I decided to spend it on the RDX itself. I want to get the aluminum knuckles, and im thinking about the 4mm chassis plate. are they both neccasry? where can i buy this stuff from?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.