The New Tekin

Old 12-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
just wondering if anyone can post pics of their g11pro in their touring cars.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails The New Tekin-pdr_0389.jpg   The New Tekin-pdr_0390.jpg  
Old 01-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default G11 PRO Limiter setting

Hi, I would like to know a good setting for the LIM on the G11 PRO. I run an 8x1 DC Ti3 motor. I used them last week, the ESC is very smooth and I like it alot although I was dumping in 4 min and I realized my limiter was set to MAX. may I know the correct setting of the LIM for Mod racing? My batts are bnew Promatch IB3800s and my motors are freshly cut every run, so batts and motors are not the problem. Thank you very much and Happy New year!

Sonny
Old 01-02-2006, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
Hi, I would like to know a good setting for the LIM on the G11 PRO. I run an 8x1 DC Ti3 motor. I used them last week, the ESC is very smooth and I like it alot although I was dumping in 4 min and I realized my limiter was set to MAX. may I know the correct setting of the LIM for Mod racing? My batts are bnew Promatch IB3800s and my motors are freshly cut every run, so batts and motors are not the problem. Thank you very much and Happy New year!

Sonny
Dumping ib3800's in 4 minutes??? what the???

I'm no expert, but I don't think you should have dumped with that motor, esc and battery setup. The current limiter shouldn't make that much of a difference to your run time.

Were the packs fully peaked? What method did you use? (step, linear, settings). Also, how big was the track? (straight longer than 60 meters? surface type?, environmental conditions?)
Old 01-02-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

The G-11 can put out some awesome power, and yes, left on Max it will bail out the capacity of the batteries like they were sinking.

I have found a good starting point for the Lim on the Tekin is about 60% then from there, play with the drive frequency, drop it for torque, up it for RPM, this should also help with comm life and you may find that the comm won't need cutting as often or the brushes getting burnt. Set at 60% you wouldn't realy notice much of a drop-off just the car feel much MUCH smoother than it is now.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Dumping ib3800's in 4 minutes??? what the???

I'm no expert, but I don't think you should have dumped with that motor, esc and battery setup. The current limiter shouldn't make that much of a difference to your run time.

Were the packs fully peaked? What method did you use? (step, linear, settings). Also, how big was the track? (straight longer than 60 meters? surface type?, environmental conditions?)
Yes, I was dumping. Traction was high, ambient temps where at 32*C, track is 112ft x 90ft. Aspahlt Track layout was flowing and not too technical. Packs were fully peaked. I was using a KO VFS-1 the day before and I didnt have dumping problems.

Here is what is says in the manual:

Then I tried setting it to like 70amps, my run time kinda improved but still, I was dumping at the last 4:30 mark. Atfirst when it was set in Max, 4:00, i'm dumping already.

I just didnt have the time anymore to test coz I was in a race. I still finished 2nd though but wasn't happy coz it could have been 1st if I didn't dump. I like the G11 alot, more than my VFS-1. Its very smooth.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
Hi, I would like to know a good setting for the LIM on the G11 PRO. I run an 8x1 DC Ti3 motor. I used them last week, the ESC is very smooth and I like it alot although I was dumping in 4 min and I realized my limiter was set to MAX.
Sonny
At least your speedo could handle it.

At our state champs in September, running the same motor (DC Ti3 8x1), I had 3 fets unsolder themselves and fall out of my G10 during the final

It wasn't a pretty sight! One fet even managed to find it's way into the transmission and melt my diff pulley

Car was bloody quick while it lasted though
Old 01-02-2006, 02:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
The G-11 can put out some awesome power, and yes, left on Max it will bail out the capacity of the batteries like they were sinking.

I have found a good starting point for the Lim on the Tekin is about 60% then from there, play with the drive frequency, drop it for torque, up it for RPM, this should also help with comm life and you may find that the comm won't need cutting as often or the brushes getting burnt. Set at 60% you wouldn't realy notice much of a drop-off just the car feel much MUCH smoother than it is now.
Thanks for the info. Cool, I will try it at 60. btw, sorry for this dumb question, how will I know if it's at 60 on ESC? Do i base it on the numbers printed on the side of the LEDs?
Old 01-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bender
At least your speedo could handle it.

At our state champs in September, running the same motor (DC Ti3 8x1), I had 3 fets unsolder themselves and fall out of my G10 during the final

It wasn't a pretty sight! One fet even managed to find it's way into the transmission and melt my diff pulley

Car was bloody quick while it lasted though
Wow! Sorry to hear that mate. The G11 PRO is a good esc, I have a couple of GTXs and a KO VFS1 and so far, after testing all three, I found the G11 to be the smoothest. I drawback is it's size but for as long as theres enough space, I can live with it I like how easy you can set things with this thing.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Not a dumb question at all, yes, the number on the LEDS, you could even set it to less, the other way to get more runtime is to increase the drive frequency also.

Did you know, with the brake frequency, the lower the frequency, the harder the brakes and the higher the smoother??
Old 01-02-2006, 03:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Not a dumb question at all, yes, the number on the LEDS, you could even set it to less, the other way to get more runtime is to increase the drive frequency also.

Did you know, with the brake frequency, the lower the frequency, the harder the brakes and the higher the smoother??
Thanks again for the info. I knew those numbers beside the LEDs meant something Yes, I tried playing around with the brake frequency, and found the highest freq to be my liking, not too harsh on the motor when braking.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone with pics of a G11 or G10 installed in an FK05 or RDX??

I'm just looking for ideas on ESC/Rx layout and wire paths bfore my T2 gets here...

Thanks
Old 01-04-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP

I'm just looking for ideas on ESC/Rx layout and wire paths bfore my T2 gets here...

Thanks
i will post pics of mine later, but i run an FK05 with the T2 on the way - but i double side taped my spektrum receiver on top of my servo, i then place the G11 inbetween the servo and motor length wise and then i double side taped the on/off switch on top of the G11 - i then zip tied all the wire from the servo and G11 and wedged that inbetween the G11, servo, and antenna mount.

some folks have asked about if i glitch at all b/c the receiver is on top of the servo - i have been running this setup for months now and have not had one glitch....

don't know if this makes sense, but i will try to get pics up as soon as possible
Old 01-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Spektrum receiver is partof the problem...ultralight but a relatively large footprint...

I was hoping to have space to stand my receiver up on the chassis either in front of or beside the Tekin, with the ESC being pushed inboard closer to the car's centerline running lengthwise near the belt...

someone posted a pic of a GTX next to a G11...the GTX had the Cap shoe-goo'd to the side of the ESC case...they were both the same size....what a difference that cap makes....
Old 01-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks
I'll post pics later tonight of my 05 and T2 with the G11's mounted (both w/spektrum receivers).
Old 01-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

The Spektrum receiver is partof the problem...ultralight but a relatively large footprint...

I was hoping to have space to stand my receiver up on the chassis either in front of or beside the Tekin, with the ESC being pushed inboard closer to the car's centerline running lengthwise near the belt...

someone posted a pic of a GTX next to a G11...the GTX had the Cap shoe-goo'd to the side of the ESC case...they were both the same size....what a difference that cap makes....
Both of my cars have the spektrum receiver stood up and double-side taped to the side of the G11. I'll get pics up ASAP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.