Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

got it.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just to keep you posted:

We have a driver for schumacher mi2 who will run in the FEMCA event in Malaysia this weekend. His name is Carlo Dionisio and he is the only one running the Mi2 in the event.
Lets all wish him well and hope he gets a good finish in the event.

He is running an Mi2 with BMI chassis and shock towers/Team Brood motor/Dc batteries/Hara twister 2 esc
Old 12-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
Just to keep you posted:

We have a driver for schumacher mi2 who will run in the FEMCA event in Malaysia this weekend. His name is Carlo Dionisio and he is the only one running the Mi2 in the event.
Lets all wish him well and hope he gets a good finish in the event.

He is running an Mi2 with BMI chassis and shock towers/Team Brood motor/Dc batteries/Hara twister 2 esc
Good luck to him. Bring it home!!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

good luck!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

Can someone explain exactly how it is possible to bend the steerning post??? Did a little maintencacne and found that my steering post had a pretty good curve to it. Not sure how that is possible as it come up thorugh the top but..?!?!?!? Am i tightening it too much? Is it too loose?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Emmmmm... no . I was wondering the same thing because my car has been not working properly so I was doing a full car rebuild before a 2 day race this weekend to see if I could massage all the bugs out of it. I found a few things I could fix so hopefully my car will work tomorrow. My right steering post had a severe bend and was applying a lot of pressure to the topdeck/chassis... kinda pulling the chassis into a U shape and twisting it . Needless to say I was happy I found it and I'm hoping that was the problem. I'm not sure how badly your's is bent, it doesn't sound as bad as mine (the right one right?). I'm guessing it had to be from a battery breaking the tape and slamming the post, but that would have to be like Teemu's crash I think and I've had nothing close to that. I've really got no idea how I bent mine. It was bent enough I couldnt take the bellcrank off the bottom when I took it out .
Old 12-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Jon Kerr-Thanks for the setup for my mi2. I cant wait to try it on my kit and run it on our track. Will keep you updated on the progress. By the way, can you give me the diff springs that schumacker has that i can use on the mi2 and their corresponding weight rates. Is the spool more advantageous than using a front one way? If using the ring will slip, can i glue the rings to the diff making it really locked? Thanks for the tips, i reall appreciate them.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i willbe runing my very 1st stock race . we are having a 2 hour 540 race at my club and we are only allwoed 2 cars so we are using my mates mi2 coz hes being stuborn. is there anything i should know when im racing stock. its a 10minrace and its on polished concreet
Old 12-09-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

kid jsut keep it smooth and dont do stoping and starting 540 dont like that its been along time since i raced it mind you. u will get about 15min out of a pack of 33s well mine did wen we did a endurence night on slippery wood
Old 12-09-2005, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Emmmmm... no . I was wondering the same thing because my car has been not working properly so I was doing a full car rebuild before a 2 day race this weekend to see if I could massage all the bugs out of it. I found a few things
YEAHHH! it was on my battery side as well. I couldn’t believe how badly it was bent. I was thinking the same thing about the battery using it as a crash dummy but like you I’m not sure if I’ve had anything quite that bad. I did have tweaking issues similarly and am now thinking this is all related. As a short term solution I’ve straightened out the pin and screwed it back in so it lines up with the top deck properly and I've rounded the hole in the top deck just slightly to relieve the pressure. Hopefully this works until i can get the replacement.

But now that i'm thinking about it, is it possible to replace that with a shorter but similar pin? One that does not raise up into the top deck. I almost seems like there is no real reason to have that pin be so long go were it can cause problems.

R.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1-2-3...G0!!!
Jon Kerr-Thanks for the setup for my mi2. I cant wait to try it on my kit and run it on our track. Will keep you updated on the progress. By the way, can you give me the diff springs that schumacker has that i can use on the mi2 and their corresponding weight rates. Is the spool more advantageous than using a front one way? If using the ring will slip, can i glue the rings to the diff making it really locked? Thanks for the tips, i reall appreciate them.
The Schumacher Pro Spring kit is rated like this:
White 14#
Blue 16#
Green 18#
Red 20#
Yellow 23#
Violet 27#

You won't really need more than just the White and blue on asphalt I don't think. You can order individual sets so you don't have to get the whole kit and not use most of them.

I wouldn't glue the diff rings to the pulley, it could make them sit crooked. Just take a piece of sand paper, glue the ring to the paper, then cut the shape of the diff ring out of it. Now you assemble the diff like normal but without the diff balls and lock it down. The spool has always been more stable in this car and faster. The only place I've found a oneway to be fast was on carpet with rubber tires and at SoCal raceway. But that track is it's own animal. Setups for that track are strange.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IslandBwoy
Can someone explain exactly how it is possible to bend the steerning post??? Did a little maintencacne and found that my steering post had a pretty good curve to it. Not sure how that is possible as it come up thorugh the top but..?!?!?!? Am i tightening it too much? Is it too loose?
I better go check mine.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:14 AM
PW
Tech Elite

You guys can order U1445 to get the short post screw for the right side. If you look close in this pic, you can see the short post. This will be standard in the EC kits.

This was last year's car
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-pw_car2.jpg  

Last edited by PW; 12-09-2005 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I better go check mine.
You should have already checked that.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Jon Kerr - Thanks for all the info you shared!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.