R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 04:57 AM
FARBES
Tech Adept

Default received the wonderful message from Horizon Hobby..

I and Horizon Hobby wrote email fro and back as below: see what they said about type r for future!

Subject: RE: I have question foryou about JRXS-TYPE R productions
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:50:56 -0600
To: [email protected]

Not entirely. There are some parts that are interchangeable between the two cars but you cannot simply convert a JRX-S into a JRX-S Type R. There are many parts that would need to be replaced to accomplish this, and honestly it would be less expensive to purchase a kit. The differentials are interchangeable between the two, front C-hubs and caster blocks, rear hub carriers, shocks, hinge pins, along with some other parts. You can use the original JRX-S' a-arms on the Type R as a tuning option. Since the Type R uses longer A-Arms the team has found those to provide faster and more consistent performance.

======================================
Horizon Hobby Webmaster <[email protected]> wrote:

As with all RC vehicles, there will come a time where a product will be discontinued. At this point and time the JRX-S Type R is the flagship sedan for Team Losi Racing and there are no current plans to discontinue this model. You are correct that the original JRX-S has been discontinued, however we are still manufacturing and providing replacement parts for that car. One of the reasons for this is simply because many parts are interchangeable between the JRX-S and the JRX-S Type R.

Horizon Hobby Webmaster

======================================
Horizon Hobby Webmaster <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for your e-mail. I can understand your concerns and I hope to put you at-ease. Team Losi was actually acquired by Horizon Hobby nearly seven years ago. Since that time both Gil Losi Sr. and Gil Jr. continued to work for Team Losi in different roles. 12-18 months ago Gil Sr. semi-retired from the company and then fully retired. Gil Jr. continued on until last year at which time he decided to part form Losi. While Gil Jr. was the main "idea man" behind the JRX-S and The JRX-S Type R, others had considerable involvement. Todd Hodge, Matt Francis, Andrew Gray, and many others all helped in the overall design, testing, and refinement of both cars. The JRX-S Type R will continue to be supported in terms of replacement parts for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your e-mail and I hope this has answered your questions.

Horizon Hobby Webmaster