R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trackside presents 'TRANS-AM' racing class!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Big Daddy Boomer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great report Marty. I thought I would spice it up a little.

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Trackside Hobbies, Brookfield, WI. Nov, 17, 2007.

Chevy dominated again today with the top qualifiers Camaros. The 302 has proven to be the power plant to have again.

Matt was able to overcome the 6 car invert for the full ten car field main with a clean charge to the front and a cruise to the victory.

Snowy and Doc (sounds like the the seven dwarfs to me) were in a "BATTLE ROYALE" for second honors with Snowy winning the two car upside-down slide across the line.

This is the second week in a row where the young MPH and his gorgeous green Cuda took away more points then the Hugger Orange Camaro of the series founder.

Saturday morning practice brought plenty of chassis news. New in the pits we came across Roy and his new updated Cuda. Last weeks outing left his baby blue Cuda needing too many repairs and "I just didn't like the color" stated Roy.

Fence sitter Brian rolled out his "Penske Hilton Racing" blue 68 Camaro sporting an air-o-dynamic black top roof. Penske engineers were overheard discussing the attributes of the roofs surface having the same aero effect as a golf-ball in flight. Brian’s car looked good on the track, but lacked the latest high-flow heads from Chevrolet and was down on horse power.

Doc, past Tamiya National champion debuted his In and Out Burger Camaro today. When asked how the new car was running, Doc said "The boys at Hickman racing put together an excellent package with the Epic 302 and the TA-05 chassis. This baby is easy to drive fast. I'm expecting good things today." Lap times agreed with Doc posting the event fast lap of 13.629 sec.

Long time cheer leader for the Trans-AM series Snowy was able to make the first qualifying heat after the last delivery of his Camaro body from Russ's paint shop. Snowy pounded his way through qualifying to a third place grid position before the invert. Always aggressive driver, Snowy held off the hard charge of Doc and his horse power by making his Camaro the widest car on the track.

Pete’s beautiful white AAR Cuda was a crowd favorite, but again, the Mopars were left searching for more power again.

Steve’s sexy red Shelby displayed great handling. "Mr. Shelby has provided me a great chassis in this here Mustang. Now, if only I had a motor on par with that Chevy 302" was Steves response when asked about his finish today after the race.

Rookie driver Dean displayed his raw talent today posting his fastest lap times/ This is the last week the series will run on the Mini Mayhem track. This is the only track Dean has run in his too few weeks as a driver. "I am looking forward to running on a 'long straight' track, you know the kind that made Trackside world famous."

Marty

Boomer