R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JL Racing .12
Thread: JL Racing .12
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Team Kamikaze
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dreddlox
My brother and I both ran the JL this weekend at the Capital Classic down in Maryland, and the engine was awesome. Special thanks to Sam and Nigel from Team Kamakaze. Sam twisted the screws on the engines for us and had them tuned right. The power is great all around and the run time is incredible. The motor ran with all the other motors, and ran away from some. You'll definately like it. The reason for the leak was from us over tightening the collar on the carb. Changed it and all is well.
This is what I found at the 301 raceway when I fix a few JL's with the Low Speed Needle O-Rings, people tends to overtighten the set screw of the linkage ball which causes the LSN housing to deform, now when you try to turn the LSN, it will be very hard to turn and the oring gets ripped resulting to leakage. It is a self inflicted problem,
so keep this in mind, Do not overtighten the set screw on the linkage ball, not only it causes the o-ring to leak, it also makes the LSN to be very hard to turn, because it deforms the LSN housing.